Ernesto Valverde

Catta

At time he was being attacked for going for unbeaten season for his own ego and neglecting fringe players.... then he plays some of them and is slammed for not getting unbeaten season.

If he lost the unbeaten season sooner no body would mention it. But he fucked it up in the last game. It was idiotic of him to start giving fringe players a chance when you can do something no other Spanish team has ever done.

JamDav1982

If he lost the unbeaten season sooner no body would mention it. But he fucked it up in the last game. It was idiotic of him to start giving fringe players a chance when you can do something no other Spanish team has ever done.

At the time folk were moaning about him not playing fringe players like..Mina and claimed wanted unbeaten season at extent of developing players.

When goes wrong the narrative just gets flipped so could keep moaning.

Messigician

Actually it's been done before lol

snowy

He is a class act and I give him big up props for knowing his grass :stoner:

Never stopped supporting our players and the club, even when we threw him under the bus.

Ansu was crying Niagara Falls when we kicked him out.

And now, we have Coach Sheitan trolling Commando on Twitter and clowning him with the Ronnie Mac nose. SMH

serghei

Never understood that "unbeaten season" crap. Last thing in the world I would blame Valverde for.

Now I think Valverde was a good manager that did what he could with a tricky situation. He made many mistakes, but let's face it, we're a tough team to manage, with multiple issues.

serghei

Who gives a shit if you are unbeaten in La Liga if you get outplayed and kicked out by Roma in Europe? :lol:. It mostly means that season was crap in La Liga.

Mistyoptic

I think history will be kind to Valverde's Barca

It depends which person is telling the history, though. The bottom line is that the majority of the footballing world outside of Barca fans - the media and journalists - thought we treated Valverde appallingly and that he didn't deserve to be sacked. This is just simply not true in any way, shape or form. The board, for all of their many, terrible faults, treated Valverde with more respect than they have the best player in our history. They gave him chance after chance, standing by him through thick and thin. It's true that they probably did this, in part because he was a yes-man for their dodgy transactions ('Play Paulinho so I can make money in China' 'Yes sir') when a stronger manager would have told them where to stick it, and because of the senior players backing, but the point remains that they kept him on when he should have been sacked.

People outside of Barca don't look at the fact that the squad and our future was being eroded season after season by a selection policy that rewarded seniority over performance, that the performances were unbelievably tedious week in week out, and that Barca didn't play well at all for the most part under Valverde. The entire thing was utterly fraudulent - bloated by Messi carrying the team and Real/Atletico underperforming in the league. They just look at results, because that's really all that matters to the majority of football fans.

It's a sad fact of life, but we sat through it for two and a half years, so at least we know the truth.

Andrew M

It depends which person is telling the history, though. The bottom line is that the majority of the footballing world outside of Barca fans - the media and journalists - thought we treated Valverde appallingly and that he didn't deserve to be sacked. This is just simply not true in any way, shape or form. The board, for all of their many, terrible faults, treated Valverde with more respect than they have the best player in our history. They gave him chance after chance, standing by him through thick and thin. It's true that they probably did this, in part because he was a yes-man for their dodgy transactions ('Play Paulinho so I can make money in China' 'Yes sir') when a stronger manager would have told them where to stick it, and because of the senior players backing, but the point remains that they kept him on when he should have been sacked.

People outside of Barca don't look at the fact that the squad and our future was being eroded season after season by a selection policy that rewarded seniority over performance, that the performances were unbelievably tedious week in week out, and that Barca didn't play well at all for the most part under Valverde. The entire thing was utterly fraudulent - bloated by Messi carrying the team and Real/Atletico underperforming in the league. They just look at results, because that's really all that matters to the majority of football fans.

It's a sad fact of life, but we sat through it for two and a half years, so at least we know the truth.

I didn't enjoy the football under him at all, and he should have been sacked last summer.

I'm not saying he did a great job, but he had some trying circumstances and did pretty well overall. I think it was a mistake to fire him mid season

Home of Barca Fans