Ernesto Valverde

BarcaOG

Banned
He's a top 4 coach in our history but ok

lol. wherever you post, you make sure you say something absurd. lets see
0 CLs under valverde
2 leagues...this looks good on paper, until you realize we won these leagues BECAUSE of messi and DESPITE valverde. especially 18/19
the Roma debacle
the Anfield debacle

+ even if he wasnt managing the 8-2 side, that squad is the one he had built and the one on which he instilled a loser CL mentality. (this is not to say Setien is blameless...but given the pandemic and all...this squad was very much still valverde's when it lined up against bayern)

if you think that record is 'top 4' in our history, then 1) you know little of our history or 2) you want to rationalize failure

lol, to say nothing about the AWFUL, dreadful, almost unwatchable style of football EV had us playing...

jairzinho

Just saw this video for the first time. Seems like the amigos did like Valverde and listened to him

Of course they loved him. Easy training sessions, holidays. He even boasted about not giving too much importance to physical preparation. The downside of having it so easy all the time is the players got too relaxed, too weak and too soft.

The result =

FinBarcelonafan

Of course they loved him. Easy training sessions, holidays. He even boasted about not giving too much importance to physical preparation. The downside of having it so easy all the time is the players got too relaxed, too weak and too soft.

The result =

Great point. That's why Messi and the amigos should take some blame for this downfall not just Bartomeu.

They wanted things easy and long contracts with way too much money. They got it all.

Sad truth is though, you can't be a top team with attitude like this. They trusted too much their talent from the past.

serghei

Those videos present us like a circus show. We probably were and are :lol:. Let's hope the circus is over with Koeman.

Messigician

He will go to the prem next

"I've already coached abroad and for me it was an enriching experience. It was extraordinary.

I do not know what is going to happen in the future but it's not a personal target to go to one place or another.

We will see if I go [to the Premier League] now, soon or never. We'll see what happens in the future."

Messigician

Change the fkn thread title!

Setien sues the club but Valverde is the only one with this stupid fkn title!

Actually getting me mad

Catta

Change the fkn thread title!

Setien sues the club but Valverde is the only one with this stupid fkn title!

Actually getting me mad

EV earned his title. It should be kept in honor of his memory.

Destroying an unbeaten season by conceding 5 against Levante, and blowing a 3 goal lead twice is the stuff of legends. Will forever be in our memories.

JamDav1982

EV earned his title. It should be kept in honor of his memory.

Destroying an unbeaten season by conceding 5 against Levante, and blowing a 3 goal lead twice is the stuff of legends. Will forever be in our memories.

At time he was being attacked for going for unbeaten season for his own ego and neglecting fringe players.... then he plays some of them and is slammed for not getting unbeaten season.

Home of Barca Fans