Ernesto Valverde

FinBarcelonafan

To recapitulate:
1. During Lucho's last 18 Months, we were 15 points behind Real Madrid
2. We lost Neymar in a summer of 2017
3. With a weakened squad, EV wins 2 La ligas and almost turns us into invincibles in his first season
4. He loses 3:0 and 4:0 in a CL, the same as Lucho in his last season (Psg and Juve)
5. Called as the biggest cancer in Barca's history.
"No one can be worse than him.
Our team will fly after him.
I want my Barca back"
= usual comments
6. He gets fired, Barca ends trophyless for the first time in 12 years and experiences the biggest CL humiliation in their history.

Too many "coincidences", imo.

Seriously, this is the worst Barca team since early 2000s.
EV managed to turn this horrible team into a team who was actually able to win some trophies.

Thanks, mister.

You forgot,

Messi turned it into couple LaLiga etc.

Messigician

We just got handed one of the most disgusting humiliation I have ever seen. And you are sitting here stanning and going full revisionist for Valverde @BBZ. Im speechless. Are you a Barca for a Valverde fan ? Im curious

I mean bbz called it he has the right to gloat.

Most of us realised Valverde was overachieving with past it players and we will sink like the titanic with Setien

FinBarcelonafan

valverde-leave-barcelona-130120-01.jpg

He knew. Thank you mister. :worthy:

Only realized how great of a manager you were after you left. Losing on away goals and by one goal on aggregate is considered a "humiliation." You leave and we go trophyless and lose by a margin of 6 in the CL.

He knew this teams time has come and he got the best of it. Damn...

Horatio

You're welcome
If only Valverde were here...We would?ve scored 2 goals first half and conceded 3 in second half. My misery would last one-two days top instead a full week.

On a slightly more serious note: We should?ve never sacked him midseason.

Allowed Bartomeu to ruin another coach?s career, Ter Stegend aspirations to play for national team, mentally scarred Frenkie, Semedo career ruined as well.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

On a slightly more serious note: We should?ve never sacked him midseason.

There is still silver lining in this; no more people can just blame the coach.
Setien was one the names that many Crujifista/Pepista's were fan of in past few years, most of them were happy to have him.
I think now it looks clear we had a problem with squad and board.

Messigician

We actually had the perfect plan.

200m in the bank from Neymar. Valverde in to get the best out of the seniors for 2 years.

And we can slowly phase them out while having mountains of cash to rebuild for the next coach to come in a progressive manager who plays youth and has the funds to invest where it's needed.

Now we have no money, no ideas, unhappy players, and lost ou reputation as a feared team.

MTL_Barca

We actually had the perfect plan.

200m in the bank from Neymar. Valverde in to get the best out of the seniors for 2 years.

And we can slowly phase them out while having mountains of cash to rebuild for the next coach to come in a progressive manager who plays youth and has the funds to invest where it's needed.

Now we have no money, no ideas, unhappy players, and lost ou reputation as a feared team.

You forgot the part where they immediately blew the Neymar money in a state of sheer panic.

Don't even try to pretend these people have any long-term plans. Only time they ever think ahead is when they sign cheap young players, but that's only to flip them half a season later to get more cash to burn on brainless signings.

Home of Barca Fans