Ernesto Valverde

Sorin

As much as some of the players are at fault for our abysmal level, the main culprit remains Valverde. It's the job of the manager to put a cohesive team out there, doesn't matter if it includes the "sacred cows" or not. He has the power written in his goddamn contract as manager of FC Barcelona. If he doesn't then it just shows what a weak individual he is for accepting to be a doormat, which in turn disqualifies him from the job of managing Barcelona. A fucking newbie like Pep came and cleared out the undeperforming superstars in Ronaldinho and Deco, no questions asked, and he wouldn't have it any other way. But not Valverde, no sir, because he knows he is a fraud who will never have the chance of managing a top team ever again and is desperately clinging to his job, even if he has to eat Pique's, Suarez' or Busi's shit.

Just imagine a manager with personality and great tactical mind keeping the likes of Suarez, Busi or Rakitic as starters for so much time. Any good manager with a backbone, placed in Valverde's shoes in 2017 as Barcelona's coach, would have shown the door to these entitled, lazy cunts as soon as the summer of 2018. Any objection from the board would have resulted in the respective manager quitting in 2 seconds.

Spare us the Valverde is a tactical great. smh

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Valverde was tactically great he wouldn't have started the same lineup at Anfield, nor brought on Andre freaking Gomes as his first sub in Roma.

Sorin

If Valverde was tactically great he wouldn't have started the same lineup at Anfield, nor brought on Andre freaking Gomes as his first sub in Roma.

Don't even know how do people say shit like this with a straight face. It's beyond me how someone that makes the same mistake over and over again is considered a great tactician that we should show respect to.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
"Show some respect to Valverde" LMAO

How about Valverde shows some respect by packing his bags and fucking off.

Seems we have a fresh new meme Ernesto " the genius tactician" Valverde.

If it wasn't for Messi "stifling" Valverde's tactical genius, your boy would probably have 1 Cdr and 2 bottle jobs in his 2 years.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Two slow and immobile Forwards who don't track back or move a lot, while having a DM who is past his prime and struggles defensively and gets cut through easily protecting two CBs who both are very similar to each other and often get bullied by forwards and wingers as they aren't built to handle such players.

This season the only consistent players I've seen this season are Ter Stegen, Semedo, Arthur and De Jong, Fati had some great moments as well but as for the rest yeah fuck that. Messi is Messi but even he gets on my nerves every now and then.

This team is being held back by poor coaching and certain players who are past their prime and who have to much influence in the locker room along with a couple of players who are perhaps not good enough to be starters for us.

A big part of it is due to Valverde. I felt bad for him during the summer he got here because he got screwed over due to Neymar deciding he wanted to leave and be a shithead and causing unrest in the club. But since then my confidence went down and it was obvious he wasn't the right man to lead this team.

It's funny seeing how Semedo is improving when he could have been even better if he was trusted enough from the get-go instead of playing musical chairs with a player who wasn't good enough to be a starter here in the first place.

It took him long enough to realize that the likes of Rakitic shouldn't be starting. That's the only heap of praise I could give him, He still refuses to realize how bad the likes of Busi, Suarez are and how poor the Pique-Lenglet Partnership really is.

We spent over 120 Million on Griezmann, only to play him out of position at LW so he can fit Fat Fuck into the lineup leaving us with very little width upfront and asking to much from the fullbacks to provide it. This shit is fucking ridiculous.

And all this is just some of the few problems this team still has. We haven't got into the fact we are forcing our two CMs to push far up the pitch in order to provide mostly for the attack and instead of helping control the game and relying to much on Fullbacks for the build-up.

FCBfan22

Yep:

"De los diez futbolistas que más distancia recorrieron, cinco de los seis primeros son del Slavia. Solo De Jong, cuarto con 11.36 km, se coló entre Olayinka, quinto con 11.20 km, Coufal, tercero con 11.41 km, Soucek, segundo con 12.56 km, y Sevick, primero con 13.8 kilómetros.

El Top 10 lo completan Boril, sexto con 10.72, y los cuatro restantes fueron Jordi Alba, séptimo con 10.63 km, Lenglet, octavo con 10.14 km, Arthur, noveno con 9.71 km, y finalmente Piqué, décimo con 9.68 kilómetros."

Out of the 10 players who ran the most last night (Slavia vs Barca) - 5 of the top 6 were Slavia players.

Only De Jong was 4th with 11.36 km covered.

The other Barca players in the top 10 were:

Alba 10.63 km

Lenglet 10.14 km

Arthur 9.71 km (subbed on the 84th min)

Pique 9.68 km

-

Stats from the Dortmund and Inter games show that Arthur and Frenkie run 11, 12 km a game now problem if they play the full 90'. Alba generally covers a lot of ground as well, and so does Semedo.

It's the front 3 that's the real issue for me - if you look at the top teams in Europe, they press like hell from the front (City and Liverpool - only Aguero and sometimes Salah get a bit of leeway on that regard). Whereas 2/3 of ours typically doesn't. I say typically because Messi did work hard for the first 30 minutes last night. As he did against Liverpool at the Camp Nou, but that's not the norm.

It's fine with Messi since he's a genius, but Messi and Suarez, that's when the whole balance of the team gets distorted.

When a CB is 2nd with most distance covered in your team you know you have a problem.

And valverde defenders will say, we don't run, because we play possesion football... Which is currently absolutely not true.

No need to say something about Messi and Suarez's defensive workrate.

Messigician

Valverde said after the match he was not surprised by the hosts’ performance.

“That was exactly the Slavia performance we expected. We knew it would be a difficult game, when we lost the ball they threw people forward and by the end they took so many risks it was like defending against an avalanche of attacks."

KingLeo10

Khaled out there too ashamed to defend EV publicly after Anfield so he's shadow supporting by liking posts in support of EV.

Fucking lol man.

Any Barca manager who says they were overwhelmed by some minor league team in Europe doesn't deserve an iota of respect. He's a loser and he will continue to be a loser.

:dembele::dembele::dembele:

EV supporters should follow suit like [MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION]. Hasn't been spotted since Anfield.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Seriously Valverde should find another job, he sucks at coaching. Even kids who watched Captain Tsubasa could teach him a thing or two about team spirit, leadership, tactics, formations, lineups, and subs.

khaled_a_d

Khaled out there too ashamed to defend EV publicly after Anfield so he's shadow supporting by liking posts in support of EV.

Fucking lol man.

Any Barca manager who says they were overwhelmed by some minor league team in Europe doesn't deserve an iota of respect. He's a loser and he will continue to be a loser.

:dembele::dembele::dembele:

EV supporters should follow suit like [MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION]. Hasn't been spotted since Anfield.

I appreciate you are care much about me to see what I do, but I've actually posted many times here and elsewhere. One was yesterday btw.

With that being said, I am not sure who do you think yourself to tell people who should post and who shouldn't. As far as I know Bojan is the owner and admin of this forum and he didn't put any rule that one should only post if he likes or dislikes someone.

As much as some of the players are at fault for our abysmal level, the main culprit remains Valverde. It's the job of the manager to put a cohesive team out there, doesn't matter if it includes the "sacred cows" or not. He has the power written in his goddamn contract as manager of FC Barcelona. If he doesn't then it just shows what a weak individual he is for accepting to be a doormat, which in turn disqualifies him from the job of managing Barcelona. A fucking newbie like Pep came and cleared out the undeperforming superstars in Ronaldinho and Deco,

That is inaccurate. Pep was forced to deal with Eto despite him asking pulicaly to sell him.Board made a decision about Deco and R10 too.
Pep had a president who is willing to give that power, no manager can get it if the club administration won't, look at Conte, Mourinho among others who failed to do so.
Pep next year forced his will on the club and we ended up with Chygrynskiy and Ibra. Later he failed to do so with next board

khaled_a_d

It's funny seeing how Semedo is improving when he could have been even better if he was trusted enough from the get-go instead of playing musical chairs with a player who wasn't good enough to be a starter here in the first place.

It took him long enough to realize that the likes of Rakitic shouldn't be starting. That's the only heap of praise I could give him, He still refuses to realize how bad the likes of Busi, Suarez are and how poor the Pique-Lenglet Partnership really is.

One day people will realize that just giving players minutes they aren't ready for isn't the recipe for improving. Semedo could very well be out of the club if he was starter from day one. Look ar MATS, he developed slowly but steadily in more critical position. And when he started in the league people hated him until his 2nd year. Sometimes taking things slowly is better.
And I still don't rate Semedo anything more than "acceptable" and that is due to how bad the position right now. There is no Alves/Lahm/Maicon like it was less than a decade ago.

Regarding Lenglet-Pique partnership, are you sure he doesn't realize it? He protected them with defensive set ups last year as much as he can.
But who is alternatives? Who is even superior than those since Lenglet was signed?
Umtiti? answer is no. He was mostly unavailable anyway. Murillo? nothing more than an inferior back up. Vermaelen? was done last year.
Todibo? I know many loves him since he is young and unknown, but Luuk de Jong saved him from being a laughingstock of the only game he played. Guy could have scored a hat-rick thanks to Todibo before we score any goal. He is way too green to be anything more than a 4th CB. TBh he looks closer to Barca B CB than 1st team.

And we all call EV being a defensive coach, do you think a defensive coach would want a thin defensive line? He asked for a CB in his 1st year and board refused, he asked for back LB next year and board refused too.

We spent over 120 Million on Griezmann, only to play him out of position at LW so he can fit Fat Fuck into the lineup leaving us with very little width upfront and asking to much from the fullbacks to provide it. This shit is fucking ridiculous.

That one is legit concern and he should get the blame. But something is still not clear.
The board wanted Neymar later, and surely they weren't planning to put Griezmann on the bench. So what was the plan there?
Neymar Griezmann Messi? That could have worked (ignoring injury issues, wages etc)
I think the reason Griezmann is sacrificed is due to lack of alternatives. Not burning Fati early like we did with Bojan. Dembele being shit etc.
But now, we are mostly linked with no9 strikers. which is weird to say at least
There is a lack of planning in this squad. I don't know how much say EV in those decisions.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Bring Jorge Jesus.

Jorge Jesus' Flamengo, from the little I've seen anyway, is playing a very Klopp-like style - especially Dortmund's Klopp.

A very high defensive like, relentless and aggressive pressing and fast transitions.

I don't think we could do that here with our grandpas.

-

Ernesto has given the squad 2 days off (Friday, Saturday). Back to work on Sunday.

Andresito

Staff member
Whole lot of good points here lately. Couch managers like us can identify a bunch of problems both on and off the pitch.

I believe, or at least hope, that the club management knows about these issues. The reason of them persisting is because we don't have somebody in the club who can find solutions to these problems.
The tactical problems can't be solved by Valverde, and the sacking/replacing of Valverde can't be solved by the current board because they have no idea who can do a better job.

Identifying problems is easy, the gold is struck by solving them.

Home of Barca Fans