Ernesto Valverde

Barcilliant

Three seasons under this fucking idiot is too much to bear.

It's too bad his luck always gets him out of group stage. I'd rather exit the group stages then get humiliated in the KOs.

Busquets is finished in cl. Yet this fucking asshole keeps starting him. Suarez is another past it. 😂 At Messi wanting to win another Cl. It ain't happening under this 🤡.

Barcilliant

114 vs 100 km total distance run in this game for Slavia Praga. Someone explain Valverde that this is not good.

What do you expect? The players are unfit and lazy. Add a manager who is clueless and can't be bothered and you end up with this.

Waiting for third consecutive humiliation 😂

Givenchy

If we'll want to be fair, our team has been a total shit for years in a CL, even before Ernie.

In Lucho's last year, our CL results away from home were:
Monchengladbach 2:1
City 1:3
Celtic 2:0
Psg 0:4
Juve 0:3

2 wins, 3 defeats.
Goals advantage: 5:11

I mean, we scored only 5 goals in our 5 CL matches even with MSN in a team. :troll:

In 2015/16:
Roma 1:1
Bate Borisov 2:0
Leverkusen 1:1
Arsenal 2:0
Atletico 0:2

In 10 matches, Lucho won against Bate Borisov, Celtic, Monchengladbach and Arsenal.
From tougher matches: Roma, Arsenal, Atletico, City, Psg, Juve, we won 1 (Arsenal), drew 1 (Roma), lost 4 (Atletico 2:0, City 3:1, Psg 4:0, Juve 3:0).
In total, in Lucho's last 2 seasons, our goals advantage in away matches was negative: 11:15

Valverde makes for a good hate figure (alot of hate is warranted) but i agree.. something is not right with this team, the seniors just don't have enough fight in them anymore imo and some of them look broken. the humiliation started during that 4-0 PSG loss. we turned it around with the amazing 6-1 (papering over the cracks) but then again Juve destroyed us directly after that. THAT should of been a wake up call but we are sleep walking our way to la liga titles due to Madrid and Atleti being even shitter than we are so those in charge probably think everything is great.

the only way out of this mess is to get rid of the seniors. I don't think Klopp, Pep etc (world class managers) would want anything to do with this current Barca team thus the board will hire another yes-man and the cycle continues.

Messi is also part of the problem, never thought i'd say that but the club de amigo thing is not only fucking his final years of football, its destroying Barca and its always 'no player is bigger than the club' for me

i'm sick of this current board, the seniors, the manager. watching that game today was disgusting how we won

FinBarcelonafan

Valverde makes for a good hate figure (alot of hate is warranted) but i agree.. something is not right with this team, the seniors just don't have enough fight in them anymore imo and some of them look broken. the humiliation started during that 4-0 PSG loss. we turned it around with the amazing 6-1 (papering over the cracks) but then again Juve destroyed us directly after that. THAT should of been a wake up call but we are sleep walking our way to la liga titles due to Madrid and Atleti being even shitter than we are so those in charge probably think everything is great.

the only way out of this mess is to get rid of the seniors. I don't think Klopp, Pep etc (world class managers) would want anything to do with this current Barca team thus the board will hire another yes-man and the cycle continues.

Messi is also part of the problem, never thought i'd say that but the club de amigo thing is not only fucking his final years of football, its destroying Barca and its always 'no player is bigger than the club' for me

i'm sick of this current board, the seniors, the manager. watching that game today was disgusting how we won

Yes, Valverde is a problem but so are the veteran players. We need get rid of coach and few players. Cultivate new winning culture with hard work. These players are not willing to work hard any more.

Think about it.. During match we ran 15 kilometres less than Slavia. That means every player from Slavia run 10 times the size of a football pitch more than Barca. It's insane difference. Our players are supposed to be elite athletes but they are far from it.

Our lack of fitness is shocking.

Players keep complaining Dembele is not working hard, yet the players themselves do nothing.

Last edited:

Sorin

At this point you are at a loss for words. Abysmal tactics, disastrous subs(pre planned as usual), no accountability for anyone, nothing. A bunch of individuals running around like a bunch of headless chickens.

giphy.gif

God Serena

If we'll want to be fair, our team has been a total shit for years in a CL, even before Ernie.

In Lucho's last year, our CL results away from home were:
Monchengladbach 2:1
City 1:3
Celtic 2:0
Psg 0:4
Juve 0:3

2 wins, 3 defeats.
Goals advantage: 5:11

I mean, we scored only 5 goals in our 5 CL matches even with MSN in a team. :troll:

In 2015/16:
Roma 1:1
Bate Borisov 2:0
Leverkusen 1:1
Arsenal 2:0
Atletico 0:2

In 10 matches, Lucho won against Bate Borisov, Celtic, Monchengladbach and Arsenal.
From tougher matches: Roma, Arsenal, Atletico, City, Psg, Juve, we won 1 (Arsenal), drew 1 (Roma), lost 4 (Atletico 2:0, City 3:1, Psg 4:0, Juve 3:0).
In total, in Lucho's last 2 seasons, our goals advantage in away matches was negative: 11:15

Lucho was fucking awful as well. We had that monstrous run where MSN alone easily cut a path through the knockouts to a CL title and most people will refuse to remember anything but that when discussing him, but beyond that... Lucho was garbage. Especially in the CL. There's a reason he announced his departure in December and most fans were fiercely debating who would replace him before the season had even started. Very similar to Valverde this and last season, except Valverde doesn't have the cojones to admit his faults and step down.

Not to mention... even at his worst, he was still 100 times better than Valverde.

khaled_a_d

Barcelona right now are the Green Bay Packers under Mike McCarthy or Golden State Warriors under Mark Jackson.

Both teams need some new pieces, but for the most part, the right pieces have always been there to make a Championship run, but their coaching reached a ceiling which led to both teams underperforming or stagnating.

While Mark Jackson thought he was motivating his team by pitting players against each other and throwing holy water on Steph Curry's injured ankles and making him jump up and down to show people he's not injured as modern medicine wanted everyone to believe.

Mark is a good comparison, but not with this narrative.
He is the one who made GSW relevant again, made them move to the right direction. The team kept gaining new right pieces that fit (Klay,Iggy,Green,Barnes) during his tenure.
He changed the culture and made them play defense and be better on offense too. He handled Kerr a team ready for championship team and any GSW fan should be grateful to him.
Hell, some even argue if he stayed he would won with his team just like Kerr. Though I don't agree with that. May be in his 1st year when they faced injured crippled teams.
EV will leave the team couple of pieces away from being truly elite again. Probably if we finally forgot about our obsession with "expensive attacker per summer" and brought the right piece for midfield and started to rebuild the defense.
But there is a good chance we are gonna enjoy a summer of 2013, where we are gonna hire Koeman and cripple every position of need -especially CB- just to sign Neymar.

BusiTheKing

Every team, no matter what players and what tactics, will struggle in a professional game when running 15 km less than the opposition. We run 100 km in one of the most intense games of this round.

PSG walk over Brugge in a 5-0 and run more than us.

The same with Tottenham and the same with Man City.

Atletico and Leverkusen play another intense match and they each run about 120 km. That's 20% more than us. Insane.

All of our problems are really one big problem. And it's really pretty simple. We are in terrible physical shape. We get outrun. We get to the ball late, we lose all 50/50s, we stop running back to defend.

Without this problem. None of the previous CL thrashings would have happened the way they did. With this problem still very much present, there's absolutely NO reason why it can't happen again.

Potroh

Well, everyone knows your result-oriented world BBZ.
I said it several times but seems it needs to be repeated again:

There are LOST games played with pride and your favorites still played WELL,
and there are games they WIN but play BADLY.
Until you make the distinction, you are able to see results, stats, but rarely the overall picture.

Nothing is more sad and frightening at the same time, when the players leave the pitch and they are aware that they were extremely LUCKY to book or make an entry of another win, that wasn't actually deserved.
The luck-factor will be always there, but you simply can't have it always at your side.

Lucho wasn't the best coach on Earth but you simply can't compare him to Valverde, the former wins in every possible aspect.

I'd be curious about your opinion, when comparing the two. No, not stats and results but the main features your favorite team shown to the world. Game-play, tactics to simplify it. Intentions, tactical skeleton, motivational awareness, ease, airy-fairy solutions, breezy feeling when leaving the pitch.

Marshall D Teach

As usual, this clown's luck will run out in April leading to another CL knockout embarassment.

Which is why the best thing that can happen to us right now is for his luck to run out NOW so he gets fired, even if it means a string of bad results. Under a competent board that wouldn't be necessary because Valverde would have been fired long ago. But as it stands it's the only way we're avoiding Rome 3.0.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans