Ernesto Valverde

Ahmedd

You’re all right. But I think that we forgot one key factor : RM. Without a competitive Madrid we will not be as strong. Rm struggled during Pep era but mainly against us, in Europe they trashed Bayern, Utd etc... City would not be as strong without Liverpool.

Until Barto leaves the board will make bad decisions. I think that we will have to wait 1 or 2 years before we get out of this dark era. Until then we will see Italian football rise back and an English dominated era.

Valverde won’t finish the season for sure, Barto can’t risk to lose his position in 2020.

bismp

Bring Xavi as an interim coach,he can’t be worse.If Valverde stays we’ll be humiliated at the CL and going to finish 3rd in La Liga.

Devils

Games from now until the end of Oct:

-Villareal (home)
-Getafe (away)
-Inter (home)
-Sevilla (home)
-Eibar (away)
-Slavia (away)
-Real Madrid (home)
-Valladolid (home)

By the end of Oct we could be out of La Liga contention and be in crisis of crashing out of the CL group stages.

Very possible situation.

EdmondDantes

Bring Xavi as an interim coach,he can’t be worse.If Valverde stays we’ll be humiliated at the CL and going to finish 3rd in La Liga.

Xavi already said yesterday he will not coach us with Messi and Co. still here. The same goes for Pep.

They know the squad needs a clear out - and they won't do that since they're all friends with the players that need to leave.

BBZ8800

I defended EV, but I don't like what he is doing in this season.

EV had his ideas, which were 442, workhorses, playing safe.
It wasn't pretty, but at least it worked results wise for 2 seasons.

This summer, he decided to change his ways due to a pressure.
And in the end, he will lose a job because he moved away from his ideas.

He doesn't know what he wants anymore.
He doesn't know who are starters anymore.
He benched Busquets and Rakitic because the fans wanted it.
He is playing Fati to please the fans.
He is playing Roberto because he is a captain and has to play.
He is suddenly trying to make room for a shitty Semedo.
He is now forced to play Barto's new shiny signing Griezmann, no matter how shit he is.

This is another nice example of a theory: it can't get worse than this (when people whine about EV's team from the last 2 seasons).
We were average but we were winning.
He tried changes and we turned into a way bigger shit than we ever were under him.

A reminder, our results this season:
Bilbao 0:1
Betis 5:2
Osasuna 2:2
Valencia 5:2
Granada 0:2

5 matches, 2 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats, goals ratio 12:9, lol.
We conceded 1,80 goals per match and we played against mostly shitty La Liga teams.

Now remember the good old days from 2017/18 where people also whined that we play like shit and that we need changes:
1. Betis 2:0
2. Alaves 2:0
3. Espanyol 5:0
4. Getafe 2:1
5. Eibar 6:1
6. Girona 3:0
7. Las Palmas 3:0
8. Atletico 1:1
9. Malaga 2:0
10. Bilbao 2:0
11. Sevilla 2:1
12. Leganes 3:0
13. Valencia 1:1
14. Celta 2:2
15. Villareal 2:0
16. Deportivo 4:0
17. Real 3:0
18. Levante 3:0
19. Sociedad 4:2

In that season (when people also said that we are shit), we needed 19 matches to concede 9 goals.
This season we conceded 9 after only 5 matches.

Anyway, I defended EV, but I defended EV who was at least true to his ideas.
EV has disappointed me lately with doing what the fans, twitter and media wants. And we turned into even worse.
If I were him, I would go back to a good-old-proven ways, in terms of results.
But EV probably won't do this because he is forced to make changes (crappy Semedo as a RB, Roberto as a CM, expensive signing Griezmann etc).
I am fine with sacking him now.

But anyway, it will be fun to see how our fans will react and which alibies will they offer once when we will hire a new coach and when we will play as equally as bad, or more likely: even worse.
Because again:
1. our core is so old
2. new signings are either bad or horrible fits
3. La Masia kids are bad
4. whole team is complacent
5. even Messi is nearing his end

Imo, this is only a beginning of a downward spiral.
Let's see how low can we sink.
And we will surely sink way deeper than we are now.

Again, remember when we whined in 2017/18 regarding how bad we play.
Soon we will look at those days and at those results as: a good old glory days.

Sorin

These delusional, mental gymnastics olympic gold medalists still don't understand that it isn't only about the results and trophies. It's like they're retarded and can't comprehend simple english.

Last edited:

Ahmedd

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

The biggest problem is his mentality. I think that DNA is important for a team but it will never be as important as results. He had good results in la liga but even when he was free to do what he wanted we still got humiliated because he wanted to play carefully. If we played total football against Roma we would’nt have been humiliated like that. Same thing with Liverpool. Now nobody trust him and even if he tries to make the best plan nobody will follow him 100%. You can’t win like that, he has to go even if he might not be as bad as everybody think he is.

Devils

Hey guys,

-It's the fan's fault that EV abandoned his original ideas.
-It's the players fault for being too old and complacent.
-Poor EV has been pressured by the fans and let down by our players. Let's victimize him.
-We should look back on EV's past two season and recognize them as a glorious time period in our history.

mc_lovin

In what world is he doing what the fans want (@BBZ)? xD

Noone wants fuckign Rakitic and Roberto as midfielders. Noone wants Griezmann on the left.

jamrock

I honestly think our biggest issue is bbz, his mentality has somehow infiltrated the entire squad & this is the end result.

Fire BBZ, Save the World.

EdmondDantes

He benched Rakitic because the fans wanted it.

No. He benched Rakitic because he's been shit and lazy. Be honest for once for God's sake.

We tried to push him out all summer, now Valverde starts him - undeservedly after his poor outings off the bench - for one game and there you are with your mental gymnastics again.

-

We got 2 things right so far this season:

1- Finding out that Fati is a special talent.

2- Busquets, Arthur & De Jong should be our midfield (even if Busquets has been below par, he's still better than the rest)

2.2 - Arthur & De Jong should be indisputable starters based on talent and performance.

Devils

[tw]1175738993176190978[/tw]

Valverde has not spoken to the group or organized any meeting with the team to discuss the Granada loss with the team.

I'm guessing EV is probably jet-lagged after all the travelling this past week. If that's the case, the entire aviation industry is to blame for Valverde's inability to act as a manager. The old complacent airlines is just a horrible fit for Valverde's managerial style and put more stress on EV than he needs.

Marshall D Teach

Don't want to disappoint you lot, but Valverde is not getting sacked mid-season unless we crash out of the CL group stage or are 10+ points behind the leader in La Liga. Neither is likely to happen. Despite our rather rubbish start we are still only 3 points off the top of the table and will almost surely make it to the CL knockout rounds.

I am not willing to trash this season completely to simply rid ourselves of Valverde and neither should any fan be.

"President Bartomeu will not take drastic decisions immediately."

That sentence says it all. After the Liverpool disaster last season Bartomeu said the team would not make any rash decisions, the Copa final was still to play and everything would be evaluated after the season. We lost the Copa final and less than a week later Bartomeu still came out and backed Ernesto.

He is not leaving unless the season becomes unsalvageable. I would much rather keep him around as he is still not nearly as bad as certain alternatives. We will probably stabilize and win the league and the CL is always a roll of the dice. Not ready to tear it down just yet.

The season was already trashed when Barto refused to fire Valverde at the end of last season. The only way to salvage anything is to fire him ASAP.

Home of Barca Fans