Ernesto Valverde - V1

FCBfan22

Only Valverde is able to give Madridistas a chance to laugh at us in the same year when we finished Real's season in March.

GOAT

GoGGi

Okay guys ... Yes, he must be sacked.

But who is REALISTIC target as a new coach for the new season?

It will be very hard to find a coach with authority, who will bring winning mentality, evolve that outdated tiki-taka system and add PACE to this team etc.

Raketa10

If they don't fire him I am out for a year. I am to old to lose my time and nerves on watching this horrible football every weekend.

DennyCrane

Pretty sure he'll resign. A (potential) domestic double is too much of an achievement to be sacked outright but the board will surely question the mental state of the team and his role in it. I don't think that EV has any plausible explanation for what happened yesterday. In the press conference he claimed that the team was 'overrun'. How is it even possible to be 'overrun' by a team that one has beaten by 3-0 just one week prior ?

The match yesterday was played with the intensity typical for a pre-season friendly, not a CL semi. It's just absurd.

Given the press reactions today, I'm sure he'll leave on his own.

Neymessi

Also, one thing that many here would not like is that we need to throw the Barca related factor for hiring managers and starting players out of the window.

Sure we have a philosophy but if all ex-Barca managers aren't promising I would rather have a neutral manager than this differentiating factor about how we hire only our own guys blah blah.

Also, La Masia talent must be given chances but they should not have an edge like Roberto has over Semedo for being from La Masia. Let's just fuck all that shit, we are too deep in our own world for our own good.

Raketa10

It will be very hard to find a coach with authority, who will bring winning mentality, evolve that outdated tiki-taka system and add PACE to this team etc.

We'll worry about that when we get rid of this garbage. One thing is sure only few managers out there could have done a worse job than EV did yesterday and against Roma.

Last edited:

Danic

Also, one thing that many here would not like is that we need to throw the Barca related factor for hiring managers and starting players out of the window.

Sure we have a philosophy but if all ex-Barca managers aren't promising I would rather have a neutral manager than this differentiating factor about how we hire only our own guys blah blah.

Also, La Masia talent must be given chances but they should not have an edge like Roberto has over Semedo for being from La Masia. Let's just fuck all that shit, we are too deep in our own world for our own good.

With Valverde we never were more away from our play philosophy so no need to stay with barca related coaches....

Zidane82

Ajax manager

Raketa10

Ajax manager

He wouldn't succeed here. We need someone with a stronger personality. It's not the same thing managing 19y old De Ligt and 31y old Messi.

Also there is no chance this team can play 90 minutes of pressing anymore. If we want that again we need a complete overhaul.

The person who will be doing complete rebuilding should be Xavi but until he is ready and majority of players in this team retires we need someone who can handle this egomaniacs and motivate them to run and fight.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Laporta was at the end of his second term in 2010 he couldn't be elected again at that time. Those are the rules of the club. Majority of the thing you said are correct but IMHO Zubi was far from perfect sporting director.

The one person I would like to see here again (together with Pep) is Txiki Begiristain.

I know Laporta couldn't run, but he endorsed another candidate and was on good term with another one. They elected a guy that was basically treating Laporta like Trump talking about Obama
Zubi was far from perfect, but he had more of a project and always tried to connect pieces of the buzzle, something we lacked since he left. Txiki was surely better though

khaled_a_d

It's too funny hearing khaled_a_d talk about the socios being the problem, when I'm 100% sure if he could vote he would vote along the same lines as the socios have.

He as been all in on the rosell & barto train, and was constantly screaming this is fine as the club changed it's core identity over the years under current the current leadership.

Telling us constantly the board is going okay & has the best interest of the club at heart, now it's the socios fault for voting in these guy? :Lol:

The problem is Barca fans like you & the socios who only care about winning in the here & now.

Are you drunk or something? I've been one of Laporta's biggest fans on this forum since the day I've joined??!!

Judoman

He wouldn't succeed here. We need someone with a stronger personality. It's not the same thing managing 19y old De Ligt and 31y old Messi.

Also there is no chance this team can play 90 minutes of pressing anymore. If we want that again we need a complete overhaul.

The person who will be doing complete rebuilding should be Xavi but until he is ready and majority of players in this team retires we need someone who can handle this egomaniacs and motivate them to run and fight.

How do you know what his personality is like before he is tested? Ffs if the personality is the primary thing, than by all means, let s bring Mourinho and watch the shit show for the next 2 years.
All post Guardiola coaches were 2nd tear at best and i m being generous. It s time to bring someone that actualy did something important and than manage situation with possible drama scenes.

It s time for a reload. No mercy.

Home of Barca Fans