Ernesto Valverde - V1

FCBfan22

I can imagine that board meeting...

It starts: Well this is inexcusable, someone should go... Valverde should go.
Another board member: But, but Copa final...

*15 minutes of talking later*
Ok, if Valverde wins Copa too, he can be here next season.

If sacking Valverde means losing Copa, I don't care. Throw the Copa, sack Valverde and start cleaning up NOW. RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Zidane82

Yh , just shows how superior of a manager Klopp is. But Im just out here venting man , because I still cant believe we lost in such an embarassing way again.

Klopp spent £8 million in total on the two fullbacks at the time Pep was spending £128 million on THREE fullbacks ..

Zidane82

This is no longer surprising. Roma away should had been a one off but it happened multiple times under Fraudverde (away at Levente last season, Sevilla in the Copa and now this). We become so far off from our identity, he turned us into an Athletic Bilbao if they have Messi. Only De Hag or Klopp can restore respect back to the club.

I truly hope they don’t mess up again with the new manager .
Only the Ajax guy fits the bill and will be easy to get

khaled_a_d

there has to be a match between squad and vision. This means the manager must have a key role in player selection. This is what happens at every big club. You think Klopp is not the main decider of the players Liverpool sign? :lol: Please. You think it's not Zidane that will have the most important decision of who leaves Madrid this summer? Or who is brought in?

Klopp is the perfect example of what I am saying, he once talked about signing Salah, saying that the scouting department has confirmed to him that he is a player who fits his ideas and what he wants.
It isn't just he says"I want player x, and they bring it to him"
Same was happening in BVB, he works with his board.
That is the job of SD & scouting department of the clubs. With them a manager is lost because he can't scout players himself, managers usually tend to have inaccurate opinions about players they sign.

Managers isn't the first piece of the buzzle, they are always 2nd to sporting department who select manager who fits their idea, the players and then do the work needed to provide him with help. Having a manager and just do what he wants doesn't work.
And for the record, even Zidane & Simeone doesn't get such unlimited control you are describing. There is a certain balance that is always achieved for him to be able to do his work

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Klopp is the perfect example of what I am saying, he once talked about signing Salah, saying that the scouting department has confirmed to him that he is a player who fits his ideas and what he wants.
That is the job of SD & scouting department of the clubs. With them a manager is lost because he can't scout players himself, managers usually tend to have inaccurate opinions about players they sign.

Managers isn't the first piece of the buzzle, they are always 2nd to sporting department who select manager who fits their idea, the players and then do the work needed to provide him with help. Having a manager and just do what he wants doesn't work.
And for the record, even Zidane & Simeone doesn't get such unlimited control you are describing. There is a certain balance that is always achieved for him to be able to do his work

And thank god they didnt listen to him. Imagine having the likes of Parejo and Willian join the club.

serghei

Well, that's what I am saying. The players signed have to match the vision of the manager. But if the vision of the manager is totally crap, then we have a serious issue, don't we?

Of course the manager will not necessarily say I want this name. But he will look at the proposals from the scouting department and his opinion will often be the most decisive one.

I disagree with you about the role of the manager. He is no1 in the club on sporting matters. Nobody can convince me that this Liverpool is not the work of Klopp. Or Barcelona was not the project of Guardiola, or Atletico is not the work of Simeone. The manager is the most directly responsible of the results, so his involvement in player selection, tactics and pretty much everything sporting related is key.

What the board do is invest the right manager with this power. Selecting the right man for the job is pretty much key, so the role of the board is huge. The board delegates, and the manager with the backing of the board and the help of the sporting departments make the short, medium and long term plans. With everything included: objectives, expectations etc.

Last edited:

serghei

If Ev stays here next season, sorry I am taking a break for a year from Barca.

I'm not taking a break from Barcelona, but will surely invest less in terms of emotion. I obviously still care, but not enough to spend days thinking about it. There are more important things in life. I plan to post less too. I want to see some steps being made in the right direction first.

FCBfan22

Imagine if our board, after the meeting today, said...

Yeah, we are guilty, because we did not listen to Valverde who he wants player-wise. Let's give him Parejo, Di Maria and Willian and another season in the seat.

That would be peak retardation.

cro-man

This man learned nothing and was always happy with his wins even he was lucky most of the time and messi saving the day again and again. Happy with playing awfull but still winning is the best way to describe him. His luck run out and that in the worst moment. Last year against roma and now against liverpool.

We made them look better than they actually are even roma is shit and liverpool missed more than one important player. This squad is not good enough but they should be good enough to hold a 3:0 lead. Concededing 4 goals and not being able to score once against a liverpool b side is awfull. Did it even matter who it was? Last year we lost even worst against roma where we barely had one shot on target.

Neymessi

I'm not taking a break from Barcelona, but will surely invest less in terms of emotion. I obviously still care, but not enough to spend days thinking about it. There are more important things in life. I plan to post less too. I want to see some steps being made in the right direction first.

I have a really busy life and it is very tough for me to invest time in watching our matches etc but I do that even when most matches are so shit that they take a hit on my mental state. If was less occupied I would have obviously seen us but now I can't invest so much energy into stuff I know will be horrible and end badly.

Of course, I will still care as much as the next barca fan but.....

xXKonan

Really pathetic how he treated Arthur in Both legs.

Arthur held his own well against Tottenham who is a very physical team and even did pretty well vs United and in general, he was good in the big games. But he decided Welp lets bench the only press resistant CM we have against a high-level pressing team and field a Midfield that aren't strong enough on the ball to deal with it.

I give Vidal Credit as he was good but Rakitic and Busi were terrible. Valverde has done a good job self-sabotaging the team when he gets the chance. I mean it's actually amazing how he has the gift of fucking things up.

henias

If Ev stays next season, same old thing. Going through the motions: smash La Liga minions, have Messi save us from game to game, scrape through champions league group stages, drab football Gala Xi till we die, hope for Messi to score in RO16, win against a pathetic Madrid side, every player bows and thank the fans: see we doing a great job. Pathetico bottle themselves and then after all this come the finale, get trashed against European sides in the QF or SF. Win a mighty Copa Del Rey.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

I'm curious what top clubs will fight to get his signing. :lol: That says a lot.

Emery got the Arsenal job. Would Valverde get something like a Dortmund, or a United, or at least a Roma?

:lol:

Let's be real here. No serious club would ever touch him. Bilbao is his level.

They're close to Europe this season though and bringing Valverde back would push them back towards the mid-table spot, where Valverde is most comfortable at. Back to Olympiakos it is then. :valverde:

serghei

Really pathetic how he treated Arthur in Both legs.

Arthur held his own well against Tottenham who is a very physical team and even did pretty well vs United and in general, he was good in the big games. But he decided Welp lets bench the only press resistant CM we have against a high-level pressing team and field a Midfield that aren't strong enough on the ball to deal with it.

I give Vidal Credit as he was good but Rakitic and Busi were terrible. Valverde has done a good job self-sabotaging the team when he gets the chance. I mean it's actually amazing how he has the gift of fucking things up.

And played the wrong team at the wrong time. Liverpool are great against doubters, teams that hesitate, and allow them to be the bully type. They play this part very well, where they exploit defensive teams who sit deep and allow them to play with their lines very very high, basically making it an onslaught.

Home of Barca Fans