Ernesto Valverde - V1

kilian

Spain and Barcelona legend Carles Puyol when asked to comment on Barcelona's shocking exit from the UCL 18/19

"Look this is what happens when a coach doesn't coach when a coach relies on his players natural abilities and talents. When he tells them to go out there and do what they do. As amazing and world class as these players are they need guidance and leadership. They need a coach not a fan boy. "

Fake quote?

serghei

The reading comprehension problems people here have and as a result want to lump people into EV fanboy camp is quite something :lol:

#KoemanIN

Name-calling aside - which is indeed childish no doubt, pretty much most things that the anti-Valverde camp had against him have been proven right.

Call it justified moaning if you may, but be sure to not forget justified.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Spain and Barcelona legend Carles Puyol when asked to comment on Barcelona's shocking exit from the UCL 18/19

"Look this is what happens when a coach doesn't coach when a coach relies on his players natural abilities and talents. When he tells them to go out there and do what they do. As amazing and world class as these players are they need guidance and leadership. They need a coach not a fan boy. "

Sounds too harsh on Valverde to be said by someone so influential and close to the team as Puyol. Big if true, but doubt it is.

henias

Didn't believe this would happen. Even took some friends for dinner last night, didn't see a second of it.

Can't restore trust after another such loss in a short time.

Should look for another hobby, any of you tried baking, bread making? :coffee:

How are you surprised?

Might not seem like a concern right now, but if players cant pull it on their own then it's going to be disastrous.

Well, for EV no one ever knows what surprises he might pull, so naturally people are in jitters.

I previously already raised concerns, when I was discussing with you.

serghei

Setien is favourite to be next manager at 2/1 according to oddschecker. Roberto Martinez second and Xavi third. Koeman fourth.

I don’t like any of those choices. Xavi would give the old guard a pass and while he’d play Barca way, he’d be too dogmatic. Setien and Martinez are jokes.

Setien is the next Valverde. Just what we need, another mortician. No. Martinez is... well... crap.

Only Koeman is somewhat appropriate.

FCBfan22

I see that some of the people here still don't realise what happened yesterday...

We are a fucking laughing stock of Europe for the 2nd year in a row and you are saying BuT VaLVerDe Is GOoD, We sHoULD kEep HiM bECaUse He cAN sTIll WiN coPrealiseeY...

Get a fucking grip... We are one of the biggest clubs in the world not fucking Athletic Bilbao.

serghei

Take the great domestic run in Spain and build a new team under a competent manager. If we think this is bad, imagine having a Madrid 2019 season next year, where you are out of contention for anything in early march.

I can assure you guys that it can get a whole lot worse than a possible double and a CL semi exit, no matter how embarrassing of a bottling job that is.

George_Costanza

Setien is favourite to be next manager at 2/1 according to oddschecker. Roberto Martinez second and Xavi third. Koeman fourth.

I don’t like any of those choices. Xavi would give the old guard a pass and while he’d play Barca way, he’d be too dogmatic. Setien and Martinez are jokes.

None of them except Xavi could bench any of the seniors. Erik ten Hag which is a great fit for us won't have the balls to drop players like Pique, Suarez, Busquets, Raki & cos.

We need someone like Pep. It's an unpopular opinion but Marcelo Bielsa character and temperament is what we need. His temperament makes him very close with his players but also can go toe to toe with players who don't perform and not afraid of confrontation.

Bielsa and Pochettino’s ideas on football are very similar, but Pochettino is a much calmer guy, which usually a positive trait but I became to think we need a strong madman for this team.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
My idea was to get a manager who is like a mentor and can teach the game to the youngsters that will be making up the new core of the squad, and having a clear vision for getting the team back to playing the Barca way, but having s guy or two like Vidal around for experience and other style of play in certain scenarios. I said this even before the result yesterday.

To deal with the problem seniors I’d simply get rid of them. No need for a madman or confrontational coach.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans