Ernesto Valverde - V1

MTL_Barca

IIRC we have to start at least 7 players from those who started against PSV (for fair play reasons)
So one of those will have to start, luckily Suarez didn't play

Never heard of that, didn't we use (almost) full b-team + subs lineups in 6th CL games in the past?

shadows

IIRC we have to start at least 7 players from those who started against PSV (for fair play reasons)

Think that's only in the Copa..In Champions they have this two lists thing where List 2 can be updated anytime before the game ..and any player can play from the lists..So if first teamers play its only because of EV's stupidity..I don't think this rule has been changed..

Andresito

Staff member

OK, so last year City against Basel in the knockouts.
City won 0-4 away. In the return leg only Gündogan and Bernardo Silva started, the rest were rested.

An example in the group stages, from 2016/17 season.
We had secured first place. Vs Gladbach only Mascherano, Gomes and Messi started from the previous game against Celtic.

God Serena

I literally have never heard of this rule. Pep, Tito, and Tata would have been butchered at some point for not following this one. We have to use 7 ***starters*** from our last game? That's bollocks, mate. Absolute nonsense...

khaled_a_d

OK, so last year City against Basel in the knockouts.
City won 0-4 away. In the return leg only Gündogan and Bernardo Silva started, the rest were rested.

An example in the group stages, from 2016/17 season.
We had secured first place. Vs Gladbach only Mascherano, Gomes and Messi started from the previous game against Celtic.

Fair enough

Devils

We could be so much better on the pitch...

But since Raki, Busi and Suarez are undroppable no matter how terrible they play makes it impossible to see potentially successful experiments like a Arthur/Vidal/Coutinho midfield.

I think we have a really good squad this year, especially with the excellent performances we've been seeing from Dembele, Arthur, Lenglet, Vidal, Semedo...all of which were considered to be back-up players at the start of the season and now are showing that they are strong candidates for starting positions.

Too bad our manager is as conservative as he is. I could see a strong visionary manager turning this squad into ruthless machine.

Messigician

Props to EV for having the balls to drop an underperforming Coutinho.

Messi Suarez Dembele should be our front line currently.

Givenchy

We could be so much better on the pitch...

But since Raki, Busi and Suarez are undroppable no matter how terrible they play makes it impossible to see potentially successful experiments like a Arthur/Vidal/Coutinho midfield.

I think we have a really good squad this year, especially with the excellent performances we've been seeing from Dembele, Arthur, Lenglet, Vidal, Semedo...all of which were considered to be back-up players at the start of the season and now are showing that they are strong candidates for starting positions.

Too bad our manager is as conservative as he is. I could see a strong visionary manager turning this squad into ruthless machine.

no manager, atleast acquirable, would be able to bench them either.. the seniors run this shit. honestly the only senior who should be guranteed a starting spot is obviously Messi, the rest should sit on the bench if they suck. Suarez, Pique, Raki and Busi have been shocking at times this season, sure they turn it around and regain form its not permanent but ffs give Vidal the minutes in midfield.

im hoping as the season goes on, EV trusts more of his players but i fear hes blinded by his loyalty to the big names

Home of Barca Fans