Ernesto Valverde - V1

RMU ReBorn

Doesn't matter if they are starters or not, i want youngsters promoted and with real time in the league. About Busquets, that season he made 41 games... Pedro less true, but he made 13 games. If Puig plays 13 games this season i'm going to be a happy man, but the idiot didn't even put Aleña last year when the league was won... Meanwhile in City, last season, Brahim Diaz with 18 and Phil Foden with 17 played 8 games each in the Premier and champions league.

I just want a manager that gives meaningful opportunities to this amazing generation and if not the board needs to force him to do so and not buy every toy he wants. And don't Forget we already lost Jordi Mboula, Eric Garcia and Sergio Gomez.

The best of our youngsters need to be promoted and play when they have 18/19/20 years max. Otherwise they will stagnate. They need to play with and against the best, that's the only way they can evolve. Carles Aleña is going to complete 21 years old this season and he barely played for the first team and i don't see him playing with Rakitic, Arthur, Coutinho, Vidal and maybe even Sergi Roberto or Rafinha. I'm not even putting André Gomes in the equation who Valverde put several times last season instead of Aleña....
Last season we were chasing an unbeaten record . First time ever in La liga . So there is no way Alena can be played . with that Your entire accusation is thrown out of the equation . Last season was Pep's second as a Man city manager and Ev's first season . There is a big big difference .

Ascom

Last season we were chasing an unbeaten record . First time ever in La liga . So there is no way Alena can be played . with that Your entire accusation is thrown out of the equation . Last season was Pep's second as a Man city manager and Ev's first season . There is a big big difference .

Then it's simply lack of vision... Your objetive is winning and after that preparing future generations is always more important than that kind of records that in the end mean very little. But still, how André Gomes who played 31 games last season, including 16 la liga games(although many as sub) is better for us than Aleña? Gomes since the 1st season, everyone knows it will not turn up at Barça, Aleña may not turn up either but we will never know if they don't put him in a highly competitive environment. More, Pep Guardiola was also chasing records last season and he wasn't afraid of developing talents and give opportunities to young players.

But this is more than Guardiola or any manager. This is about the identity of Barcelona. As a Barça manager you need to be good at developing talents.

Let's check the games a couple of our best players made in their debut years. Busquets, already mentioned he played 41 games in the first season with barça with only 20 years.
Thiago with 20 years makes 12 games in the league and 17 in total. With 21 years old 27 games in the league and 45 in total. But let's go back in time.
With 18/19 years old Xavi makes 17 games in the league and the next season he makes 24.
Iniesta with 18 played 6 games, with 19 made 11, and with 20 he playerd 37 games in La liga.

These are our best players ever, one of the best ever in their positions in the history of football. Like Puig, Aleña, Busquets they were produced in the best academy in the world that is the envy of the whole football world. But this board and this coach are slowly giving the middle finger to these kids

There are players that are clearly not ready team, cucurella, cuenca for exemple, but others are highly talented and deserve a chance. Not playing 2 or 3 games against second division teams in copa del rey. Real chances, playing 5-10 games in La liga.

RMU ReBorn

Then it's simply lack of vision... Your objetive is winning and after that preparing future generations is always more important than that kind of records that in the end mean very little. But still, how André Gomes who played 31 games last season, including 16 la liga games(although many as sub) is better for us than Aleña? Gomes since the 1st season, everyone knows it will not turn up at Barça, Aleña may not turn up either but we will never know if they don't put him in a highly competitive environment. More, Pep Guardiola was also chasing records last season and he wasn't afraid of developing talents and give opportunities to young players.

But this is more than Guardiola or any manager. This is about the identity of Barcelona. As a Barça manager you need to be good at developing talents.

Let's check the games a couple of our best players made in their debut years. Busquets, already mentioned he played 41 games in the first season with barça with only 20 years.
Thiago with 20 years makes 12 games in the league and 17 in total. With 21 years old 27 games in the league and 45 in total. But let's go back in time.
With 18/19 years old Xavi makes 17 games in the league and the next season he makes 24.
Iniesta with 18 played 6 games, with 19 made 11, and with 20 he playerd 37 games in La liga.

These are our best players ever, one of the best ever in their positions in the history of football. Like Puig, Aleña, Busquets they were produced in the best academy in the world that is the envy of the whole football world. But this board and this coach are slowly giving the middle finger to these kids

There are players that are clearly not ready team, cucurella, cuenca for exemple, but others are highly talented and deserve a chance. Not playing 2 or 3 games against second division teams in copa del rey. Real chances, playing 5-10 games in La liga.
Going in circles again huh ? Identity ,purism , Pep devoloping talents . How many times should i repeat that Pep didn't Played foden in his first season in city and last season was Ev's first in Barcelona . Definitely chasing an unbeaten record should have been prefered over anything given how the season ended under Lucho and then Ney Ney left . Gomes was used as a fourth midfielder in 442 and as a sub option , for that he was worth it and proven to be the player who was capable of holding the ball . Alena doesn't belong to that category . Pep wouldn't join Barca without Barto giving him the autonomy to break the bank . He don't have xavi ,iniesta or peak Messi anymore . Pep is no holy cow . Ev has done a commendable job in his first season and will produce entertaining football with coutinho, Dembele , Arthur like how we played CDR final .

Last edited:

Ascom

Going in circles again huh ? Identity ,purism , Pep devoloping talents . How many times should i repeat that Pep didn't Played foden in his first season in city and last season was Ev's first in Barcelona.

Foden and Brahim were like 16/17 years old in Pep's first year in City.... I would never expect them to play with such young age. But at 18 Pep is giving them opportunities.

last season was Ev's first in Barcelona

Okay, so let's pretend we believe that awkward idea that i never heard in football that managers don't give opportunities to youngsters in the first season. Will he give meaningful opportunities to Aleña, Busquets, Puig etc this season? I don't see how with the packs of midfielders we have... and he wants another one :lol:

Definitely chasing an unbeaten record should have been prefered over anything given how the season ended under Lucho and then Ney Ney left

What does an unbeatable season with loads of draws gives you and what does developing players that may be the future of the club for years gives you? That approach is short-sighted and i don't even believe Valverde thought about that. He simply didn't want to bet on Aleña because he doesn't give crap about youth system. But still, Manchester City was also chasing records and didn't stop the manager giving opportunities to young players like Foden, Diaz or Zinchenko. But your approach raises other problem, if you can't play with young players when you are winning all games and are unbeatable, if you don't find suitable to integrate young players in a team like that are you going to integrate them when Barça is losing games? When the league is not going well?

About Pep, i only mentioned him because he is a manager that is not afraid about betting in young players. But there are plenty of managers in the world that do this. Many were in Barça too, i could mention Cruyff, Van Gaal or Rijkaard. Barcelona history is full of managers that have this approach. It's actually the Barcelona way and it's so attached to our culture that last year was the first time in 16 years that we didn't play with any La Masia player.

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Foden and Brahim were like 16/17 years old in Pep's first year in City.... I would never expect them to play with such young age. But at 18 Pep is giving them opportunities.

Okay, so let's pretend we believe that awkward idea that i never heard in football that managers don't give opportunities to youngsters in the first season. Will he give meaningful opportunities to Aleña, Busquets, Puig etc this season? I don't see how with the packs of midfielders we have... and he wants another one :lol:

What does an unbeatable season with loads of draws gives you and what does developing players that may be the future of the club for years gives you? That approach is short-sighted and i don't even believe Valverde thought about that. He simply didn't want to bet on Aleña because he doesn't give crap about youth system. But still, Manchester City was also chasing records and didn't stop the manager giving opportunities to young players like Foden, Diaz or Zinchenko. But your approach raises other problem, if you can't play with young players when you are winning all games and are unbeatable, if you don't find suitable to integrate young players in a team like that are you going to integrate them when Barça is losing games? When the league is not going well?

About Pep, i only mentioned him because he is a manager that is not afraid about betting in young players. But there are plenty of managers in the world that do this. Many were in Barça too, i could mention Cruyff, Van Gaal or Rijkaard. Barcelona history is full of managers that have this approach. It's actually the Barcelona way and it's so attached to our culture that last year was the first time in 16 years that we didn't play with any La Masia player.

1) No ,it's not because they were 18 . It was because pep was in second season at the charge as city manager , and had enough bench strength and a world class squad bought with oil money to play with ,that he showed some courage to give Foden few chances . Still Man city is among the worst club in England that has given minutes for their academy talents . Pep hasn't done anything to devolope Man city academy talents . He has spend more than any manager in England over the past season and still brought in Mahrez , was crying for Gorginho . He should have trusted Foden instead of bringing Mahrez right ? Oh holy cow didn't had the balls to do that . So please cut the crap of Pep promoting youngsters . It's a myth

2) Again you got it wrong . unbeaten season was not with many draws . We won more than 90 points and more than Arsenal 2003&04 .No other La liga team has achieved that in the history of 100 years . It was everything , like a treble. Given our teams condition when Ev took the charge we could nil afford to take chances with fringe players in his first season . Pep never did that in his first season . He only got the comfort to promote busi because we had Yaya and two got midfielders at their peak . No big deal . Criticism is valid if Ev is sticking with Gomes and co this season too ,not in his first season . Absolutely not . what Ev did was the need of hour . He did what he could, like giving Arnaiz minutes in CDR . This season he will show what he is capable of .

Last edited:

raki

I´m getting fed up with Valverde and his demands. Pogba makes no sense. He has a great squad. Coach it, damn it.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I´m getting fed up with Valverde and his demands. Pogba makes no sense. He has a great squad. Coach it, damn it.

Were you personally told by EV that he wants pogba or did Robert or Abidal come rant to you about it? Don't believe everything you read in the press

BBZ8800

Some people in our board really live in a parallel universe where CDR is actually a meaningful trophy:
[tw]1027202453446578179[/tw]

These guys are stuck in 1988' roughly...

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Some people in our board really live in a parallel universe where CDR is actually a meaningful trophy:
[tw]1027202453446578179[/tw]

These guys are stuck in 1988' roughly...

Of course they will not just go and say "Yes, Madrid are better than us". CL is still the goddamn priority and anybody who thinks it is not are kidding themselves. It just happens that Barca are shite in that competition as of late.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Of course they will not just go and say "Yes, Madrid are better than us". CL is still the goddamn priority and anybody who thinks it is not are kidding themselves. It just happens that Barca are shite in that competition as of late.

It might be a priority, but as it happens the Copa have been as big of a priority lately. That should change.

CL = La Liga >>>>>>>> CDR

Play the kids and backups in the CDR until the Semis.

soul24rage

It might be a priority, but as it happens the Copa have been as big of a priority lately. That should change.

I would even play the kids and backups in the Semis as well this season

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It helps get our backup players in match form and integrate our youth products too. Well, mostly the latter, but worth it.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Yes, Messi absolutely shouldn't play in the Copa unless we get RM/Atletico before the semis. Actually Copa could mean something and be much more fun if the ties were one-legged. Two matches kill the appeal and the intrigue.

KingLeo10

senior players need to understand this first and foremost. MSN was out there in copa games in 15-16 and 16-17 and messi, suarez didn't sit out much of it last season. and that's under lucho and valverde, so it can't be pinned on the manager IMO.

Home of Barca Fans