Ernesto Valverde - V1

GetIn

4-2-3-1 or sell Suarez and have Messi play false 9. We won't and can't win shit with this gaping hole in the RW. Good left full backs like Alex Sandro, Marcelo and Alaba will have field days against us in the CL with all that open space.

JamDav1982

There is no balance in the team, look at the right side. I think a 4-2-3-1 with Messi as a SS will balance things out.

The way Messi and Suarez play it would be more like some Atletico Madrid/Leicester team on the break.

If can get Dembele and Coutinho out wide need Messi to play more like an AM that helps dictate play more and Suarez to stop playing fucking risky passes all the time and put his foot on ball and bring others into play.

To often the ball gets to Messi and particularly Suarez and thy just go at heart of defence immediately. Think part of it is not trusting other players but needs to stop so much as too predictable and one dimensional against the better teams who sit back.

JamDav1982

4-2-3-1 or sell Suarez and have Messi play false 9. We won't and can't win shit with this gaping hole in the RW. Good left full backs like Alex Sandro, Marcelo and Alaba will have field days against us in the CL with all that open space.

Messi at false nine is an option but no way Messi lets them sell Suarez.

Devils

If he allowed Paulinho to come in and then let's Roberto go he's finished to me.

Yes, I don't care what he goes on to achieve. If Roberto leaves, Valverde can GTFO with Barto, Robert and Segura.

slk123

so hypothetically speaking if sergi wants out no matter valverde has to force him to stay or otherwise he's a pussy?

Devils

so hypothetically speaking if sergi wants out no matter valverde has to force him to stay or otherwise he's a pussy?

He wouldn't want out if Valverde didn't sign Paulinho would he?
He wouldn't want out if he rightfully had a starting spot over Rakitic, Gomes, Paulinho or Rafinha would he?

Those guys should all be out the door before Sergi.

slk123

He wouldn't want out if Valverde didn't sign Paulinho would he?
He wouldn't want out if he rightfully had a starting spot over Rakitic, Gomes, Paulinho or Rafinha would he?

Those guys should all be out the door before Sergi.

yeah they should, but that wasn't the point, if its true and Sergi wants to leave he probably earned it to do so.

but the fucked up state of our midfield is isn't on valverde it's on the board

Barcilliant

yeah they should, but that wasn't the point, if its true and Sergi wants to leave he probably earned it to do so.

but the fucked up state of our midfield is isn't on valverde it's on the board

Valverdes job is to pick the best midfield. Iniesta and Rakitic have been shit for a long time. I'd rather see Samper, Roberto and Alena get their chance.

Valverde has no imagination, inspiration nothing. He is a yes man. A safe choice who won't criticise the board. It's one thing getting decent results for a decent team. Managing a big team requires a big personality. Look at Zidane. He has an aura about him. He keeps things simple and knows the club.

I knew Valverde couldn't hack it. He will be gone by December.

JamDav1982

The way it is going can see his preferred starting line up being soon -

GK -Ter Stegen
RB- Roberto
CB- Pique
CB- Umtiti
LB - Alba
DM - Busi
DM- Paulinho
RW - Dembele
AM - Messi
LW- Coutinho
ST- Suarez

Assuming Dembele and Coutinho sign....

El Barcelona

GK -Ter Stegen
RB- Roberto
CB- Pique
CB- Umtiti
LB - Alba
DM - Busi
DM- Paulinho
RW - Dembele
AM - Messi
LW- Coutinho
ST- Suarez

With Messi playing in the middle this is the only option without having an open right flank.

Interlop

I see Coutinho more of an LM than LW, he'll have to trak back and create.
The problem in our team is that we have a lot of players who are "passengers" they don't create chances. The only players that can start in attack is basically Messi and Suarez, and Neymar last season. I understand when players like Busi don't have this role but what are the the other midfielders doing? They basically pass sideways, or to Messi, and defend like crap. Heck even Umtitit made more key chances than Rakitic or Iniesta. We need to add players who ca take the ball and make a killer pass, create a chance, not rely only on Messi or Suarez to create and finish.

jamrock

His teams as always looked shit against Madrid when I've seen them play, could be mistaken but i cant recall him getting a fair about of let's say draws given what he was working with at the time against Madrid.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

GK -Ter Stegen
RB- Roberto
CB- Pique
CB- Umtiti
LB - Alba
DM - Busi
DM- Paulinho
RW - Dembele
AM - Messi
LW- Coutinho
ST- Suarez

That's what I thought. However, wish the cunt of our president didn't opt to pocket money by signing Paulinho and we played Roberto in the mid field itself instead!!

Home of Barca Fans