Ernesto Valverde - V1

serghei

Comparing Ev's style with Mourinho . This is the epitome of insult to Ev . Just because we aren't producing 5-0 wins often it doesn't mean we are playing defensively .

:lol: Maybe when Valverde wins the title in several top countries like Italy and England, on top of 2 CLs, it can be an insult to compare Valverde with Mourinho. Until Valverde takes this style to a couple of CL wins, he's Mourinho-like only in his approach, not in his success with that approach.

Insult to compare him with Mourinho, wtf am I reading? :lol:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

:lol: Maybe when Valverde wins the title in several top countries like Italy and England, on top of 2 CLs, it can be an insult to compare Valverde with Mourinho. Until Valverde takes this style to a couple of CL wins, he's Mourinho-like only in his approach, not in his success.

Insult to compare him with Mourinho, wtf am I reading? :lol:

You are comparing him with Mourinho as a negative thing then mock others for doing the same.

He is not like Mourinho in his approach no matter how many times you try to repeat it.

serghei

You are comparing him with Mourinho as a negative thing then mock others for doing the same.

He is not like Mourinho in his approach no matter how many times you try to repeat it.

It's not an insult to compare EV to Mourinho dude. It's an observation, looking at how they see football. You act as if Mourinho at Madrid had 30% possession vs Eibar. Madrid's Mourinho is pretty similar to this Barcelona in terms of playing style. Relying more on quick transitions and good defending than great positional play.

JamDav1982

It's not an insult to compare EV to Mourinho dude. It's an observation looking at how they see football. You act as if Mourinho at Madrid had 30% possession vs Eibar. Madrid's Mourinho is pretty similar to this Barcelona in terms of playing style. Relying more on quick transition than great positional play.

You are trying to compare him to Mourinho and a 'boring' brand of football so yes you are 100% trying to use it as an insult.

You trying to make out saying Barca play Mourinho football is a compliment and you are happy with it?

Mourinhos Real is about the one time he gave up his defensive outlook and even then he approached some top games in way EV has not at Barca.

Only time EV has been anything like a Mou team is when Mou changed his style but even in that time it was not across all the games.

serghei

You are trying to compare him to Mourinho and a 'boring' brand of football so yes you are 100% trying to use it as an insult.

You trying to make out saying Barca play Mourinho football is a compliment and you are happy with it?

Mourinhos Real is about the one time he gave up his defensive outlook and even then he approached some top games in way EV has not at Barca.

Only time EV has been anything like a Mou team is when Mou changed his style but even in that time it was not across all the games.

:lol:

If it leads to great results in CL then like it did for Mourinho with weaker teams than this Barca, hats off to Valverde.

JamDav1982

:lol:

If it leads to great results in CL then like it did for Mourinho with weaker teams than this Barca, hats off to Valverde.

You do the same thing every time.

Go on about boring Mou style football clearly as a negative and then when called on it say 'no no I am meaning when Mou was at Real and its not a negative thing'

What style led Mou to success with weaker teams that EV is replicating? What is the style of Mou that you are comparing?

Keep seeming to change it.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The fuck is this idea Barca aren't playing attacking football? :lol:

We scored more goals than anyone in Spain including mostattackingmighty Madrid.

serghei

You do the same thing every time.

Go on about boring Mou style football clearly as a negative and then when called on it say 'no no I am meaning when Mou was at Real and its not a negative thing'

What style led Mou to success with weaker teams that EV is replicating? What is the style of Mou that you are comparing?

Keep seeming to change it.

Mourinho's style is negative, when you can't play better and reach the same results. For sure we can play better in La Liga. We can do better than 53 - 47% possession at Eibar away. With them creating more chances than us. We can do that. We can play better than vs Chelsea and Roma. But many people have taken this approach, like, we won, that's all it counts. It doesn't matter that Roma had a pen. probably at 0-0 and that they scored 2 own goals. And that with some bad luck we could have easily ended the match 2-2 or something.

Valverde is getting credit for results, no matter if the game is working smoothly or not. That's the same thing you get with Mourinho, except he won CLs playing like that.

JamDav1982

Mourinho's style is negative, when you can't play better and reach the same results. For sure we can play better in La Liga. We can do better than 53 - 47% possession at Eibar away. With them creating more chances than us. We can do that. We can play better than vs Chelsea and Roma. But many people have taken this approach, like, we won, that's all it counts. It doesn't matter that Roma had a pen. probably at 0-0 and that they scored 2 own goals. And that with some bad luck we could have easily ended the match 2-2 or something.

Valverde is getting credit for results, no matter if the game is working smoothly. That's the same thing you get with Mourinho, except he won CLs playing like that. Valverde didn't.

Picking and choosing games to suit.

Across the season Barca have some of the best possession and chances created stats in europe.

Nothing like Mourinho who you have now switched to saying is a negative again and using as an insult that you mock others for doing.

EV is getting results playing some of the most attacking football in europe. That is a fact.

serghei

Picking and choosing games to suit.

Across the season Barca have some of the best possession and chances created stats in europe.

Nothing like Mourinho who you have now switched to saying is a negative again.

EV is getting results playing some of the most attacking football in europe. That is a fact.

I think you're mixing up style vs results. Style-wise Mourinho stuff is negative, but results-wise, Mourinho is great. Overall, he's a great manager. Valverde isn't even comparable as of yet.

EV is not playing some of the most attacking football in Europe. Most of the time it's boring stuff with world class players, some of them (Messi) playing great individual games. Barcelona always scores goals and always plays attacking to some degree, it's impossible to not do that with the players we have. But Valverde's Barca is probably the least exciting to watch since 2008.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I think you're mixing up style vs results. Style-wise Mourinho stuff is negative, but results-wise, Mourinho is great. Overall, he's a great manager. Valverde isn't even comparable as of yet.

EV is not playing some of the most attacking football in Europe. Most of the time it's boring stuff with world class players, some of them playing top stuff.

No I am not mixing up anything.

Barcas 'Mou style, boring, results orientated football' actually has Barca as one of the top attacking sides in Europe in terms of possession, chances, goals etc.

Yes he is playing some of most attacking football and that is based on facts as above. It is not 'boring' football.

Style wise you use Mou as a negative as I said then you mock others for doing the same.

Who are the teams playing better attacking football than Barca?

serghei

No I am not mixing up anything.

Barcas 'Mou style, boring, results orientated football' actually has Barca as one of the top attacking sides in Europe in terms of possession, chances, goals etc.

Yes he is playing some of most attacking football and that is based on facts as above. It is not 'boring' football.

Style wise you use Mou as a negative as I said then you mock others for doing the same.

No, it's the insult to compare him to Mourinho, part that I disagreed with.

Check out what the football world is saying about this Barca. It's mostly praising Messi and praising our defence, while also seeing that this Barca is more pragmatic is not as attacking as the older versions. With both Chelsea and Roma most said they were even games which we won thanks to Messi (Chelsea), and incredible luck (Roma).

If we win the CL this season, highly unlikely imo, but still, it can only happen if Messi plays lights out in the semifinals. There's no other way Valverde would get something attacking-wise, with a poorer Messi and without a huge slice of luck (like own goals, uncalled pen. for opponent etc). The creativity just isn't there. It's about Messi, the defense holding up against better attacking forces than what we've faced so far, and having those lucky moments go in our favour again, like vs Chelsea and Roma.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

No, it's the insult to compare him to Mourinho, part that I disagreed with.

Check out what the football world is saying about this Barca. It's mostly praising Messi and praising our defence, while also seeing that this Barca is more pragmatic is not good attacking as the older versions.

You are using it as an insult to compare the styles then mock others for doing the same.

Who are the better attacking sides than Barca in Europe?

This Barca is more pragmatic and EV will mix it up. But he is not anywhere close to a Mou style approach.

serghei

You are using it as an insult to compare the styles then mock others for doing the same.

Who are the better attacking sides than Barca in Europe?

This Barca is more pragmatic and EV will mix it up. But he is not anywhere close to a Mou style approach.

You are repeating things over and over again.

I'm not using it as an insult when I compare Valverde with Mourinho. It's slightly negative, but still, as I said, if it leads to great results, then hats off. One thing's for sure, the CL semis against a top top side with the highest stakes involved will pretty much be Valverde's big test, regarding many issues (rotations, just how great our defense really is, the importance of Messi in our attacking game, many many aspects).

JamDav1982

You are repeating things over and over again.

I'm not using it as an insult when I compare Valverde with Mourinho. It's slightly negative, but still, as I said, if it leads to great results, then hats off. One thing's for sure, the CL semis against a top top side with the highest stakes involved will pretty much be Valverde's big test, regarding many issues (rotations, just how great our defense really is, the importance of Messi in our attacking game, many many aspects).

Because you keep repeating the same thing.

Use Mou comparison on style as a negative and then when people disgaree you flip it to being some kind on compliment about success and not style.

Who plays better attacking football than Barca in europe and how do you measure it?

You are going down the road of 'treble or EV fails' again....

Chances are Barca dont win the CL. It is difficult to do.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans