Ernesto Valverde - V1

Cule4life

The Culest
Simeone should study Valverde :lol:

Mourinho can take a sneak peak too with his struggles lately.

Valverde needs to be sacked tonight.
We need to go back to our roots and play like Pep's City.

"Mommy im weak. Bullies beat me"

"Son you need to be stronger than Muhammad ali to beat them"

Does everything have to be in extremes for u? Did i say we should go back to Pep's way of playing? Surely there must be a better balance between defense and attack so that we can win and also fans don't go to sleep? Tell me would you hire Mourinho then since you are all about de defense?

Valverde needs to be sacked tonight.
We need to go back to our roots and play like Pep's City.

Speaking in hyperbole and absolutes like usual I see. Completely misrepresenting what the other person said and comparing two matches that have no relevance to each other (Liverpool away/Roma home).

BBZ8800

Speaking in hyperbole and absolutes like usual I see. Completely misrepresenting what the other person said and comparing two matches that have no relevance to each other (Liverpool away/Roma home).

Guys who are against Valverde are mostly against workhorses, more defensive approach etc.
Majority of guys who are against Ev, want 433, Alena, Arthur and even Denis, right?

Well you don't need a crystal ball to understand how "a lighter" Barca would cope in a CL in 2018.

This is why I am making fun of Pep.
Pep and City are a symbol what majority of forum members would like to see here.

Wanna bet?
Ev will win more Cls in 3 years here than Pep in the next 20 years.

"Mommy im weak. Bullies beat me"

"Son you need to be stronger than Muhammad ali to beat them"

Does everything have to be in extremes for u? Did i say we should go back to Pep's way of playing? Surely there must be a better balance between defense and attack so that we can win and also fans don't go to sleep? Tell me would you hire Mourinho then since you are all about de defense?

You just said there needs to be a balance between attack and defense.

We are on a way to win a treble, with a world class defense and with a quite good attack.

What would you like to see?
More beautiful triangles, dribbles?
I don't get it.

BarçaBarça

Of course we will play differently playing Roma or Bayern.. Imo we cannot expect anything else..

Even die-hard-never-change-the-beautiful-philosophy-Pep-Guardiola has been taught a lesson tonight, so don't point fingers at the manager after practically securing a place in the semifinals of the champions league. Nothing is a given!

Shreddy

Guys who are against Valverde are mostly against workhorses, more defensive approach etc.
Majority of guys who are against Ev, want 433, Alena, Arthur and even Denis, right?

Well you don't need a crystal ball to understand how "a lighter" Barca would cope in a CL in 2018.

Pep and City are a symbol what majority of forum members would like to see here.

Wanna bet?
With al my respect but we're playing Roma not Bayern. We should be more offensive especially since were actually playing at home !!!!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It doesn't hurt to be a bit more proactive against an average team at home in a Champions League tie.

Now BBZ, please don't quote my post and distort it with your fake news and alternative stats/facts. What I said is pretty clear. There is room to be more proactive and play better against average sides at the Camp Nou.

Anyway, off to the SF we go.

Wanna bet?

Now you're just making things up. Only a very small minority have said unproven, inexperienced players like Alena, Arthur and Denis should walk straight into the starting XI. Stop fabricating stuff just to suit your agenda. People want to see those players get some more game time; nobody is demanding that Valverde drops Raktic/Busquets/Iniesta for them.

As for your second point that's just ridiculous. Pep will get his pick of rich, elite European clubs for the rest of his career. I doubt Valverde even has a job with a team that can challenge for a CL in two years.

BBZ8800

With al my respect but we're playing Roma not Bayern. We should be more offensive especially since were actually playing at home !!!!

Too offensive approach often backfires.
Barca's history since 90s is a textbook example of that.

We scored 7 goals in the last 2 home Cl knockout matches.
And people whine how we are cautious.

A question: name one era, except Pep's era, when we played more attacking than now and YET when our results were better than now?

BarçaBarça

Some of the lack of attacking urgency or spark is on the players as well - they get comfy because they know they will win in the end and most likely settle the tie during the game no matter what (even with red card/penalty against them, tbh) - somewhat because of the extraordinary defensive solidity Valverde has created where opponents never score (3 CL goals against - better than any other team).

And in the end the players were right: Patience gave the openings and the goals, and now the job is done. It is the gift, which makes us calm even when behind in the league or maybe semis, but also a curse which makes us play in general with less urgency/panic/headless pressing etc. which after all is more fun to watch. All in all I think I can manage to bear that heavy burden - to see me team almost never concede, almost always win and nearly always score a lot of goals.. I can just manage..

Cule4life

The Culest
What if we concede and need that attacking urgency? Its not gonna be easy to switch gears when u play in 1st gear all the time

BBZ8800

As for your second point that's just ridiculous. Pep will get his pick of rich, elite European clubs for the rest of his career. I doubt Valverde even has a job with a team that can challenge for a CL in two years.

Pep can coach whomever he wants.
He is a master of league competitions and tje biggest newb of knockout matches.

He will get hired due to his league success.
He will never learn how to play CL knockout big matches against physical teams, unlike Valverde.

Look, we can play slightly more attacking at home, though.
But it was fine this way also.

Messi was not offside in early minutes when he was alone in their half.
Plus, Raki hit the post.

Even with a very cautious approach we did and could have scored 4-5-6 goals.

Home of Barca Fans