Ernesto Valverde - V1

xXKonan

1st half we looked like the real deal and a good taste on what Valverde's system can do.

2nd half we stepped off the gas way to much and got punished for it but ended up getting the equalizer for a draw.

I wonder if a lot of the issues we have had in second halves come down to some players not being able to fully press for at least 70 mins. Iniesta is one of them obviously since the man is 33 years old but I also wonder if Valverde got a little bit to conservative and Marcelino changed something up and we were caught off guard a bit.

either way first half we looked really good and promising, we just need to keep it up and hopefully with Dembele and a couple of more additions we can not suffer as much in the second half.

Birdy

Statistics say Valencia was overall better (xGoals 1.31 - 0.91), but that is mainly bcz of Rodrigo's goal (which counts 0.95 by itself, and that i can admit is not very reflective)

A general remark is that the 4-2-3-1 (and its variations) EV wants to play will work better with other (and better) players than the ones playing now..
Today it looked more like a strange 4-1-3-2:
DPlwuyYXcAAO5wU.jpg

Imagine how much better even this would have worked with Dembele instead of rakitic, coutinho (lets say) instead of iniesta, Griezman (let's say again) instead of Suarez, and a better CM instead of Paulinho

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Statistics say Valencia was overall better (xGoals 1.31 - 0.91), but that is mainly bcz of Rodrigo's goal (which counts 0.95 by itself, and that i can admit is not very reflective)

A general remark is that the 4-2-3-1 (and its variations) EV wants to play will work better with other (and better) players than the ones playing now..
Today it looked more like a strange 4-1-3-2:
DPlwuyYXcAAO5wU.jpg

Imagine how much better even this would have worked with Dembele instead of rakitic, coutinho (lets say) instead of iniesta, Griezman (let's say again) instead of Suarez, and a better CM instead of Paulinho

Imagine a run with suarez being on side

Devils

The first half was brilliant.

I can't fault him for this game as the game plan worked, we just got robbed by idiot officials.

Raketa10

I am really satisfied so far with Valverde. If someone said after Neymar left and Dembele got injured that after 13 games played we'll have 8 points more than Real and ATM with only 5 goals conceded no one would have believed. We are not playing attractive football but I really believe Valverde is utilizing this team in the best way he can.

When Dembele returns and Suarez improves I hope we will also improve attack-wise. I also hope that with some smart moves in January transfer window this could end up being better season than we all expected.

Alik

I don't think first half was brilliant. How many chances did we have? The goal Messi was robbed off was a GK error anyway.

dostoevskij

I don't think first half was brilliant. How many chances did we have? The goal Messi was robbed off was a GK error anyway.

we didnt have many good chances, but we totally dominated the whole first half in terms of possession, passing, defense etc., against a valencia that is in their best run in last 5 years or so. i was genuinely surprised at our performance, havenot seen such an away game form us in a big game for a while.

Exactly, in hindsight I don't think we were actually that great in the first half, it was just the first time we've seen fluid passing play under Valverde so we just assumed we were playing well. Didn't create many chances at all.

Stoichkov1

Exactly, in hindsight I don't think we were actually that great in the first half, it was just the first time we've seen fluid passing play under Valverde so we just assumed we were playing well. Didn't create many chances at all.

We don't create shit because our players are absolute crap in the final third.

Alik

It's the players fault lol

Even Pep gives complete freedom to the players once they get to the final third, if the players aren't good enough it's almost impossible to play good and create chances.

Ah, it's the players own fault that all of them together (including Messi) are underperforming in the attack. Nothing to do with tactics. Gotcha.

Home of Barca Fans