Ernesto Valverde - V1

vlad

I think he is doing okay for know, he has pretty weak squad to handle, underperforming striker and uncreative midfield, in defence barca have strongest point and thats whats valverde count on right now, can we blame him? Sure, barca is boring as hell, but for sure valverde is not doing bad job for now. Barca is called top team just because messi is still here, but barca is not top team anymore, results in CL explains alot, going out in quarters without any proper fight is became normal, lower you expectations

Xaviniesta

Barcelona players ran the least amount of kilometers in UCL this season amongst all 32 teams participating. (490)
FzejCdTTVRGBkOeDYQe6OJYMZv5BArcYtAnzAY91dcI.jpg

The only thing I can deduce from this is that PSG and Man City will run past our midfield again this season

Also shows the little off-ball movement this teams has

Xaviniesta

Why run if you don't need to?

running more --> off-ball movement --> better passing options --> more chances created --> more goals --> higher chance of winning

It's working now, but let's hope it pays off against teams like Napoli, City, or Tottenham who've ran almost 100,000m more than us. I really don't want to see our midfield chasing shadows like last season.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I get that. But considering our team's aging midfield, isn't it better to conserve our mileage for the big games?

Xaviniesta

I get that. But considering our team's aging midfield, isn't it better to conserve our mileage for the big games?

The thing is, I really can't tell if we are conserving our mileage when the players we have make up one of the slowest midfields amongst the top clubs. Also, if Valverde's goal is to conserve, it doesn't help that the main 3 (Busquets, Iniesta, and Rakitic) have played a lot of minutes so far (especially Iniesta).

Also, it's not like we aren't running much because we're completely dominating possesion a la Guardiola. There have been a lot of games this season where we've been defending leads and being outplayed, with the possesion ending near 45-55...

Last edited:

JamDav1982

The thing is, I really can't tell if we are conserving our mileage when the players we have make up one of the slowest midfields amongst the top clubs. Also, if Valverde's goal is to conserve, it doesn't help that the main 3 (Busquets, Iniesta, and Rakitic) have played a lot of minutes so far (especially Iniesta).

Also, it's not like we aren't running much because we're completely dominating possesion a la Guardiola. There have been a lot of games this season where we've been defending leads and being outplayed, with the possesion almost at 50-50...

Iniesta has not played a lot of minutes overall.

Total-Football

Barcelona players ran the least amount of kilometers in UCL this season amongst all 32 teams participating. (490)
FzejCdTTVRGBkOeDYQe6OJYMZv5BArcYtAnzAY91dcI.jpg

The only thing I can deduce from this is that PSG and Man City will run past our midfield again this season

Also shows the little off-ball movement this teams has

i'm tired of it i'm just putting it in my signature. To our felow cules it's useless to run, be that on attack or defense (pressing)

aaron101

lowest number of conceded goals in europe while running the least kilometers. the valverde GOD lads. :valverde:

For real? This info is giving me positive vibes for the 2nd half of the season. We might be playing shit right now but good thing, we're winning and conceding less. Something is telling me that we'll turn it up after the winter break and will play at a high level as the squad will be fresh. Keeping my fingers crossed.

serghei

The best defense is not the one that concedes the fewest goals, but the one that concedes the fewest goal scoring chances.

Home of Barca Fans