Eric Abidal

maz

I walk the line
Abidal's wont get overturned. I just watched the replay and put myself in UEFA's seat. While anelka clearly trips over himself, there are no angles that show that abidal didnt touch anelka whatsoever. Perhaps it took a slight touch from abidal to put off anelka, causing him to trip over himself (doubtful, but u have to give the ref the benefit of the doubt).

maz

I walk the line
yes but there are plenty of LB's out there who are good in defence but also not SUMMARILY USELESS IN ATTACK which abidal really is. he's so bad offensively I hadda roll out all-caps.

plus abidal is also rubbish when defending his wingers. he allows them far too much space to cross/get around him.

so basically he's just good on the cover. and he's really really good, great even, on the cover. but we can't afford to have someone so one-dimensional in our team. it's worked this season but next year teams will try harder and defend deeper. we need a viable offensive LB so that we can rest dani on occasion.

Yeah, on the cover he is freakin awesome. But i dont know about there being 'plenty' of LB's that are good in defence and good in attack (im assuming you are referring to LB's that are just below abidal in terms of defence, but can put in a great cross). He seems very consistent, which is important, and his uselessness in attack means he stays back rather than leaving the left back position open for teams to counterattack in.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Evra has been paying the refs. He doesn't want to loose his place in the national team. It's clear.

Home of Barca Fans