England

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Why Walker over Johnson? Also, Welbeck plays quite decently for England. Also, currently, I'd prefer Gerrard in the lineup rather than Young.

S

Smile

Why Walker over Johnson? Also, Welbeck plays quite decently for England. Also, currently, I'd prefer Gerrard in the lineup rather than Young.

Glen Johnson? Presently yeah maybe your right, i do like Walker though, great going forward but needs to improve his defensive side, still only young so hopefully he will do that just as Rafael at United as.

I forgot all about Welbeck, yeah technically sound and shows some WC moments, his 2 backheeled goals were awesome. You do worry about game time though at Man United, is 4th Choice striker good enough for England? Where is he going to be if Henriquez impresses?

Jenks

Welbeck puts in better quality performances than Rooney does. I would drop Rooney before I would drop Welbeck. I'm not sure I would start Walcott either, not on the wing. I think I'd use him as an impact sub, Defoe too. Zaha hasn't chosen who he will play for yet. He can still play for Ivory Coast. I'm not sure how much I rate Hughes, he's one of those players with a great football brain and good decision making, but looks like another English player that doesn't know how to relieve pressure on himself. Daniel Crowley at Villa though is someone I rate very highly. He could be a Wilshere-esque prospect if given his chances.

S

Smile

Welbeck puts in better quality performances than Rooney does. I would drop Rooney before I would drop Welbeck. I'm not sure I would start Walcott either, not on the wing. I think I'd use him as an impact sub, Defoe too. Zaha hasn't chosen who he will play for yet. He can still play for Ivory Coast. I'm not sure how much I rate Hughes, he's one of those players with a great football brain and good decision making, but looks like another English player that doesn't know how to relieve pressure on himself. Daniel Crowley at Villa though is someone I rate very highly. He could be a Wilshere-esque prospect if given his chances.

I disagree on the highlighted mate, i watch a lot of Championship football and i say Hughes's ability to make difficult things look easy and get of out situations or not even put himself in those situations first place is one of his best qualitys, looks every bit as talented as Wilshere imo.

Yeah i would agree on Rooney, on his day is a world beater but needs to be playing every week, not someone who you can rely on for England and especially in a major competition where there is 6 weeks rest before it all starts, takes him too long to get his match sharpness when he's not played.

Daniel Crowley i don't know anything about if i'm being honest.

Jenks

He's the number 15:

Daniel Trickett-Smith is another to watch out for.

Last edited:

Jenks

Butland
Wisdom Jones Caulker Clyne
McEachran Shelvey Hughes
Zaha Ince Sterling​

Decent looking potential line-up for the U21's tomorrow.

Banana-Rama

I wouldn't go so far as to say he carries England, but he's definitely one of our better performers and doesn't deserve the criticism he gets. 5 goals in 11 games this year is a very solid record for international football. The problem for England is that the FA want to move toward a more passing style of play, but there just aren't the players to do it, not a squad full anyway, so we're left either with a compromise in style that doesn't really work or players that aren't really comfortable with what they're being asked to do. It'll probably be 5-10 years before the team even could be realistic challengers for anything.

As things stand now, I'd like to see what this team could do:

Hart
Johnson Cahill Caulker Baines
Britton Wilshere
Sturridge Rooney Sterling
Welbeck​

england have some good passers, carrick, wilshere, cleverley, britton, but they'll never play a short passing style under roy hodgson, he's an old school 4-4-2 manager, his tactics are dull and old fashioned, thats why he didn't cut it at inter or liverpool, if the fa wanted a short passing possession style then they hired entirely the wrong manager.........

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hodgson has to get some credit, they looked a credible contender...or perhaps it was just a very impotent Brasil

Home of Barca Fans