England

ammarfcb

ze special one
back in it WELBECK. great pass from sterling to put ashley young in a crossing position.

edit:

2-1 caulker

Last edited:

veryfatchocobo

Ibra lol. So beast this game.

And once again Welbeck scores. Last game I swear he carried England (I don't have much say about this game bc I didn't watch it), and I don't understand why he gets so much negativity. He's playing out of position in Man U, plus the fact the team doesn't need him bc Fergie has RvP to carry the team + a resurgent Chicharito.

Jenks

I wouldn't go so far as to say he carries England, but he's definitely one of our better performers and doesn't deserve the criticism he gets. 5 goals in 11 games this year is a very solid record for international football. The problem for England is that the FA want to move toward a more passing style of play, but there just aren't the players to do it, not a squad full anyway, so we're left either with a compromise in style that doesn't really work or players that aren't really comfortable with what they're being asked to do. It'll probably be 5-10 years before the team even could be realistic challengers for anything.

As things stand now, I'd like to see what this team could do:

Hart
Johnson Cahill Caulker Baines
Britton Wilshere
Sturridge Rooney Sterling
Welbeck​

S

Smile

Present England side I’d like to see:-

-------------Hart
Walker—Cahill---Jagielka---Cole
-------------Carrick------------
Walcott—Wilshere---Cleverley----Young
-------------Rooney---------

World Cup 2014 could be interesting, think team could look like:-

--------------------Hart
Walker----Smalling----Jones----Baines
Zaha----Wilshere-----Cleverley----Sterling
-------------------Rooney
------------------Walcott

Walcott is an interesting one now he’s playing as striker, always a dangerous player who can damage any team on his day but maybe now he will start living up to his potential now he's playing in his preferred position.

Euro 2016 (just 3 years) I think could be really interesting, think team could be something like:-

--------Hart/Butland
Walker----Smalling---Jones-----Shaw
-------------McEachran----------
Zaha---Wilshere---Hughes---Sterling
-----------Rooney (or Walcott)

CM midfield options we have some awesome talents coming through, Wilshere/Will Hughes (who just oozes with class, him being linked with Barcelona tells you how highly rated he is)/McEachran/Barkley/Cleverley/Powell the young guy who 'supposed' to be best of the lot Morrison if all live up to their potential, all those are potentially WC and you wouldn’t mind any combination if all develop how we hope and some decent players as back up Huddlestone/Rodwell/Shelvey, all technically sound players and potentially better than the likes of Gareth Barry :shakeshead:

2 potential WC goalkeepers in Hart and Butland, 1 not bad one in Forster, wing options look fantastic Zaha/Sterling/Chamberlein/Ince/Johnson I’m sure some others will start to come through soon too, defensive potential looks great too, really like the look of Luke Shaw at Southampton.

What England could be lacking is a WC striker, ok there’s Rooney and he possibly has 5 years in him, Walcott is interesting and one to look out for, who else? Wickham is talented but not fulfilled his potential yet I see no one else at the moment who is potentially WC.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans