Emerson

Laplacian

are we bums looking through the garbage bin for a free meal? :lol:

Apparently yeah. No money, so we'll have to go looking for subpar talents just because they're cheap. Even if they 1. are surplus to the issues we have (Garcia), or 2. the positions they fill out aren't available at the club (Depay). So we're looking to buy subpar cheap talents to play them out of position. We'll get them in 4-5 year contracts, and once we realize it isn't working out, it'll take forever to get rid of them; especially when we get cash again. People aren't looking in the long term. It's better to take the L for a season or two, wait for cashflow to recuperate, and then head for transfers again; only this time for good talents at a good price.

The make-shift ideas so many forum users here have are a recipe for disaster. Hopefully Laporta and co. share my opinion.

JamDav1982

Apparently yeah. No money, so we'll have to go looking for subpar talents just because they're cheap. Even if they 1. are surplus to the issues we have (Garcia), or 2. the positions they fill out aren't available at the club (Depay). So we're looking to buy subpar cheap talents to play them out of position. We'll get them in 4-5 year contracts, and once we realize it isn't working out, it'll take forever to get rid of them; especially when we get cash again. People aren't looking in the long term. It's better to take the L for a season or two, wait for cashflow to recuperate, and then head for transfers again; only this time for good talents at a good price.

The make-shift ideas so many forum users here have are a recipe for disaster. Hopefully Laporta and co. share my opinion.

All of them would improve squad and allow in theory for some of the more expensive contracts to be sold.

What are you hoping Laporta does this summer?

malvolio

Pretty much yes that is where Barca are.... you not realised that?

we'll have to see how bad we are, once laporta comes in.

I know you argue the Busquets is 'best passer', Roberto is best right back, Pique is best CB, Suarez should not have been sold etc but give me those players any day and squad trying to cut costs and rebuild.

busquets is the best passer, but a liability because of other things(all in all a good bench option to have until he retires). roberto is just as bad as dest. pique is the best cb, araujo will have to play some more in order for me to label him the best we have.

Would watch that squad than you band of oldies any day.

you imagined a scenario that will never happen. barca will not go for all those free players. 1-2 at most. filling the squad with players that are mediocre or not renewed by their clubs is not a good idea.

the same was said about veterans at the start of the season. when in fact most(there are exceptions) of them are keeping as alive right now.

JamDav1982

we'll have to see how bad we are, once laporta comes in.

busquets is the best passer, but a liability because of other things(all in all a good bench option to have until he retires). roberto is just as bad as dest. pique is the best cb, araujo will have to play some more in order for me to label him the best we have.

you imagined a scenario that will never happen. barca will not go for all those free players. 1-2 at most. filling the squad with players that are mediocre or not renewed by their clubs is not a good idea.

Who of those free signings would you not take if Barca could get them?

Dont need a strawman argument of 'these players will get Barca back to top' as that is not what is on the table at moment.

For me all of them would improve squad and improve level while allowing Barca to move players on.

Who in your scenario will Barca sign that is based in reality?

malvolio

Who of those free signings would you not take if Barca could get them?

Dont need a strawman argument of 'these players will get Barca back to top' as that is not what is on the table at moment.

For me all of them would improve squad and improve level while allowing Barca to move players on.

Who in your scenario will Barca sign that is based in reality?

bernat isn't better than alba, but will he come here to be reserve player? let's say it would be an ok option.

is garcia any good? i wouldn't get him, don't know why.

your boy "gini" - one last paycheck player. don't know where he would play. inclined to say no on him

depay - no. he's a poor man's neymar.

calhanoglu? hard no

Last edited:

JamDav1982

bernat isn't better than alba, but will he come here to be reserve player? let's say it would be an ok option.

your boy "gini" - one last paycheck player. don't know where he would play. inclined to say no on him

depay - surely no. he's a poor man's neymar.

Who said Bernat is better than Alba? He is listed there as better than Firpo who Barca could raise funds from selling.

Garcia for free to allow the sale of likes of Lenglet from squad is a good move in my opinion.

Not quite 'my boy' Gini but yes he like all players wants a contract and his signing should be based on wages and length being beneficial to club. Far better player than likes of Busquets for what Barca need.

Depay if Messi stays and plays false nine does fit and can cover wide. Far better squad player than likes of Braithwaite.

Who do you want Barca to sign that is based on what you see as reality of situation?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

depay - surely no. he's a poor man's neymar.

Bernat isn't coming to displace Alba but Firpo.

Garcia is homegrown and a hot prospect, would come for free and could battle it out with Mingueza for the 4th choice CB position.

Gini could be a Vidal-like disaster, could also be a Paulinho-like success. Much better than Pjanic at least.

Depay isn't coming to displace Neymar but Braithwaite/Coutinho. He would be an upgrade both at LW and CF. We have enough CAMs at the club.

malvolio

Who said Bernat is better than Alba? He is listed there as better than Firpo who Barca could raise funds from selling.

that's why i asked. would he want to come here for a reserve role?

Garcia for free to allow the sale of likes of Lenglet from squad is a good move in my opinion.

that's just so we get some easy money. is he better than araujo/mingueza?

Not quite 'my boy' Gini but yes he like all players wants a contract and his signing should be based on wages and length being beneficial to club. Far better player than likes of Busquets for what Barca need.

surely more mobile and agile than busquets. otherwise, is he good at playing the sole dm role for barca?

Depay if Messi stays and plays false nine does fit and can cover wide. Far better squad player than likes of Braithwaite.

too much of luxury player for just being better than bumwaite. i woudn't get involved with him, even more so when he'll come for long contract on big money. also seems to be injured most of the time lately.

JamDav1982

that's why i asked. would he want to come here for a reserve role?

that's just so we get some easy money. is he better than araujo/mingueza?

surely more mobile and agile than busquets. otherwise, is he good at playing the sole dm role for barca?

too much of luxury player for just being better than bumwaite. i woudn't get involved with him, even more so when he'll come for long contract on big money. also seems to be injured most of the time lately.

Well your original point was that they were all bums and not why would players like Bernat want to be a back up... maybe he wouldnt or maybe he sees it as a route to place at Barca. Either way if he agreed to move would be a good signing.

Yes it is so Barca would get easy money from selling Lenglet and would have Garcia for free and Lenglet out for cash. Aruajo and Mingueza if there can prove they are better or Gacia can prove he is.

I would rather have a player with more physicality and mobility at DM than a liability like Busquets and also allows for more felxibilty than Busquets does if for whatever reason Roberto or FDJ are seen as better at DM in some games and he can play elsewhere.

Dont agree on being a luxury player and even if does fail as much as you expect at worst have an improved squad and player can sell on.

What do you think is a realistic summer transfer window if not those type of players?

FinBarcelonafan

Who do you want Barca to sign that is based on what you see as reality of situation?

This is excellent plan in our situation. Not what else we could do without money.

xXKonan

Said it before a billion times but I want to give him a shot.

Tall and Physical RB who isn't too shabby at both ends? Sign me up.

Home of Barca Fans