El Clasico: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 0-4

Neither have impressed at all which I find hugely disappointing but Sandro at least tries to shoot and dribble his marker when it's 1-on-1. Munir had a lot of chances to do so against Villarreal and he hardly made a contribution outside of the PK he drew, but even that was more from the pass than his ability.

Again, not saying Sandro has been a world beater this season, but he's looked much less useless than Munir has so far.

Not sure why it hasn't worked out for Munir, guess he really needs to be through the center to shine.

As it has been discussed before the major difference between Munir and Sandro last season was that Sandro scored more goals. His finishing was at a higher level, he's lost that this season. I don't see any reason now as to why Sandro should be ahead, apart from the fact that he "tries to dribble and shoot more", which isn't the only thing required from a RW.

Beast

The Observer
Expect us to lose this game... we will play well for 45 minutes over 2 halves... get beaten as Rafa plan is to allow the team space in the midfield & look for counter attacks forgetting that this is not 2011 and CR can't out pace Pique

this will be a very similar scenario of Seville game... if you think i'm trolling or jinxing/anti-jinxing refer to all my posts in RM thread & Rafa thread before you reply to me

Neymessi

So glad this thread started so early.Otherwise I keep checking to see if the match thread has started.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As far as I know Benzema can start the game for them. I think him and James are the ones to watch out for, other than obviously Ronaldo.

serghei

I think dominating Madrid and winning against them in an impressive manner is the only thing that lacks in Lucho's resumee with us so far. He's done everything that fans wanted from him (including promoting young players), except beating Real Madrid in a convincing way. If he does that as well, then I have no problem in putting him on Pep's level of greatness (while being pretty different in terms of style).

Last edited:

vlad

and what should he do? win 5:0? in last pep years at barca, real was the team the dominated much of the time, and if you look now, they have better players in midfield than barca, also bigger bench, there is no more xavi in the prime and iniesta. Lucho should not be compared with pep, 2 different coaches, both of them had win treble with barca and that is only what matters. Pep is past.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think any score line us scoring multiple goals and them scoring none will be seen as a convincing win. But I don't think its necessary for Lucho. If he can deliver history in the first repeated CL, he will have done something no one has done, despite all of the tactical masterminds that have graced the Champions League era. So I could care less if we win 1-0 or 5-0, it's still three points in the end.

And particularly if [MENTION=813]Beast[/MENTION] is right in saying Rafa won't press us in the MF and just play counters, he is taking away the best way they can hurt us by winning the ball high, which is what they did very well against us last year. It's just Benitez doesn't really have the players at the moment, particularly through the center of the pitch, that are well suited to this style. If he gets another season, maybe he can stamp his identity more, but he is playing for the most part with other managers and Perez's team, not his, and that's why I think it's invalid to compare them last year to how they are now.

Catalan Fan

We can't afford to lose this game.I know we are 3pts clear so on paper it wouldn't look so bad as we'd be equal on points, however....

the H2H results could come back and bite us hard at the end of the season.A draw is the minimum we should be looking at.

serghei

I agree that the best way Madrid can beat us is press us hard in our own half. I guess this is the game in which we will see just how good Benitez is.

barcafan161

We can't afford to lose this game.I know we are 3pts clear so on paper it wouldn't look so bad as we'd be equal on points, however....

the H2H results could come back and bite us hard at the end of the season.A draw is the minimum we should be looking at.
Well yeah they go back too with a win

MaxY

Devil May Cry
can someone post the prob. line up of the whities?

It all depends on how many of our players will return. Pretty much our whole lineup is doubtful. Navas,Carvajal,Marcelo,Ramos,Isco are all doubtful because of injury and Benzema because of circumstances. So many of our players are pushing to recover for Clasico.

Home of Barca Fans