El Clasico 10/11: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 5-0 Manita!

B

Barca007

Much as I like Fontas, I dont think he's ready for a match this big, he'd be overwhelmed. Hell he might turn out to be a beast and own Ronaldo even more than Pique does everytime they come up against each other........chances are he wont though, not yet. Looks great, but cant just stick him in at the deep end like that.

And I have a bad feeling about this match, :lol::lol: :(. I just think Madrid will park the bus and then give us a nasty counterattack, Alonso is being used properly by Mourinho now, so chances are his long balls to Ronaldo/Di Maria could become really devastating on the counter for us.

One way to see if that will work, try the formation out today...

J

Jordzibob

Dont be harsh, he looks a good defender, and its not as if the reasons for putting him in were ridiculous. It just woudlnt be sensible to chuck him in, second match, in the biggest match.

Trillske

And I have a bad feeling about this match, :lol::lol: :(. I just think Madrid will park the bus and then give us a nasty counterattack,
Im thinking high pressure and so frequent counters you cant even call them counters anymore. And they have just the perfect squad for it. I cant shake the mental image of a massacre.

But I´ve been wrong before and Barcelona has had a long, long time to prepare for such a scenario since Inter in CL last year must have been the wakeup call if they wherent up already.

B

Barca007

I think Barca007 is winning the "RM fan in the closet" award for suggesting Fontas :lol:

yeah of course...you'd spend your lifetime supporting Barca and won't reach half the Barca fan I am...

Fontas is a great player, wether the game is too big for him, that's your opinion and I respect that, but I still think that he can play, and he can shine, just wait and see...

Elite-BkD

I like him better as a fullback! He 10x better IMO

I would say he is better at fullback, but all the same I wouldn't especially mind the extra pace in the center, especially considering the way Puyol has been getting embarrassed by quick/skillful players lately, case in point the match against Villarreal. A lot of people seem to think it'll be an epic disaster if Abidal is moved to the middle, and I think that notion is pretty ridiculous, although our best lineup in the back certainly still includes him as a LB.

J

Jordzibob

Its key that we've got Iniesta for this match aswell. Mourinho is bound to have them hounding Xavi, not letting him do that crazy 360 we all love so much, means Alonso and Khedira will be focused on him, giving Don Andres the space to produce his magic.

Beast

The Observer
Mourinho: I'll be 'persona non grata'
November 24, 2010

By ESPNsoccernet

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has explained how he expects to be subjected to the ire of the Barcelona fans when he takes his team to the Nou Camp on Monday evening.

Jose Mourniho has invited plenty of criticism but a win over Barca will only cement his popularity in Madrid

Mourinho started his career in football as an translator for Bobby Robson and then Louis van Gaal at Barcelona and, despite his success as a manager, the Blaugranes still refer to him as a Tradutor.

Inter Milan knocked Barcelona out of the Champions League at the semi-final stage last season, which ended Barca's hopes of lifting the trophy in Real's Bernabeu home - something which Mourinho believes can only add to the spice of El Clasico.

"The fans in the Nou Camp will never forgive me for denying them the opportunity to win the Champions League at the Santiago Bernabeu," Mourinho told FIFA.com. "I'm a persona non grata as far as Barcelona supporters are concerned, so I'll get a hostile reception.

"That's just football. I beat them with Chelsea, then with Inter and now I'm coaching their fiercest rivals, Real Madrid. That's too many things in quick succession. The past doesn't matter, it's what's happened recently that counts. That's the way football works.

"But I'm going there (Nou Camp) to play a football match and that's that. It's like I always say: if we win on Monday then it'll be Tuesday the next day. And if we lose on Monday then it'll still be Tuesday the next day. That's why we have to keep working hard and enjoying ourselves just the same, whatever happens.'

Mourinho had words of high praise for his opposite number at Barca, Pep Guardiola.

"If I were Barca president Sandro Rosell I'd give him a contract for the next 50 years," said Mourinho. "Because he's a club man who's been steeped in the Barcelona way since birth.

"He knows the place inside out and he knows the kind of football that Barcelona fans want. He's the ideal man to coach Barcelona for as long as he wants to.

"We used to work together at Barca and I have only positive memories of that period. Now we're rival coaches but I get the feeling that we respect each other. In my view that's a good thing, and it'd be perfect if it stayed that way,'' he added. "I first said he'd end up being an excellent head coach years ago."

J

Jordzibob

"That's just football. I beat them with Chelsea, then with Inter and now I'm coaching their fiercest rivals, Real Madrid. That's too many things in quick succession. The past doesn't matter, it's what's happened recently that counts. That's the way football works.

Could he really be anymore of a windup merchant?

Beast

The Observer
He needs victims and u are the perfect victims .. u got so easily worked out it's becoming really funny
it's like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club not FC Barcelona club

J

Jordzibob

Lol of course we're the perfect victims, we're the main rival. But Pep is a nice guy, he wont respond like the managers in the Premier League-Arsene Wenger, Rafa Benitez for example, whinging and whining. After the Clasico, if we lose, Pep will say Madrid deserved to win. I agree with you though he knows how to rile up our fans. My god we hate that man.

Home of Barca Fans