El Clasico 08/09: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona: 2 - 6

beef-supreme

If this match were being played in November or December, but with the same context, Real would win. They would have no pressure and they'd be able to pull off one of their typical results. But on Saturday, Real KNOW they must win and they will have to open up. Barca will start by keeping possession, and Real will have to start pressuring to get it back. This will open spaces for us to exploit. Real Madrid have form in their favour, they have confidence in their favour, and they have their guts in their favour. But all of that might be cancelled out by the fact that it's a must-win for them. For that reason I'm confident. I will believe in a win but i will also settle for a draw. No matter the negativity, the point earned in Valencia was an important one.

Beast

The Observer
Somehow Beef we are very stubborn when it comes to the liga ... we just don't die something this current generation has from the old school of Madrid ..
for sure we have done a superb job in terms of results.. but Barca is a different team and on a league of their own ..
after 2 consecutive draws your players must be motivated and at the same time we will see this a sign that things aren't going well
The Classico like any other Classico before it can go either way..
It's great news about Robben but it can also be a tactic and he is not fit.. no body knows..
however the fitness levels are on our side and this is where Ramos (IMO ) will build his plan.. wear you out (ala Chelsea ) then hit you on the counter.. with your team playing 2 (3 with the Classico ) tough 90 minutes in a week and your heads thinking about the Chelsea return leg in a week.. it's the perfect opportunity to narrow the league down to 1..

having said that.. you are truly worthy winners of this year liga no matter who win the league.. it will be a big shame not to get a reward for your displays through out the season, real shame .. that doesn't mean i'll support Barca :) ... just means i will be satisfied if you won the league

Evil

Shabazz
I prefer Marcelo to play honestley, he attacks much more than Heinze does, and that simply means more space for Messi.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Good point there. Although we might see both of them. Henize as a LB and Marcelo as left winger

jairzinho

With Messi playing...Marcelo will think twice about venturing too far up the pitch....plus lass and co will be tracking him.

Beast

The Observer
probably that's what happen although voices from the Madrid camp are concerned with his lack of pace (though not the only thing that u worry about when he is playing ) .. could very well be M Torres

X.A.U

The Special One
With Messi playing...Marcelo will think twice about venturing too far up the pitch....plus lass and co will be tracking him.

With Messi playing the way he played the past couple of games, Marcelo will venture as far as he could without a second thought!

What's wrong with Messi?

puta madrid

^ exactly. A loss in the bernabue will bring the defecit to one point, four games to go. Look at our games and compare them to madrid's.

Barca: Villareal(H), Mallorca(A), Osasuna(H), Deportivo(A).

Madrid: Valencia(A), Villareal(A), Mallorca(H), Osasuna(A).

We will just have to win them all. That simple.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
A win there and I'll be ecstatic and we'll be a step closer to the title. We could afford to lose 2 remaining games.

A draw and I'll be happy although there would still be a lot more work at hand. We could afford to lose 1 remaining game.

A loss and I'll be disappointed but know that it would still be in our hands. We'd have to win them all. Although Madrid have a really tough test against Valencia next week so who knows.

alexjanosik

The Game
Screw the CL and Chelsea.
No conserving energy for the Chelsea game.
Go all out for the win and put the scum out of their misery.
This has happened once in the past and I dont want it to happen again.

Home of Barca Fans