Eden Hazard

james baldwin

I know this might sound odd, but I think Hazard might have some difficulty playing next to Messi. Both of them like to be the coordinators of the attack in the final third. Hazard's style of play is not as similar to Iniesta's as some Barca fans are making out. He is much more similar to Messi himself. Also, playing Hazard in an Iniesta-type role will actually limit what he is capable of.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Won the football writers award, as we all expected. Time to step it up again next season boy! More goals and getting to the CL final should be a minimum for him.

red dragon2

If chelsea get griezman then I can see mourinho moving hazard to the 10 position, it would be the logical step to giving him more options when he has the ball.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah tbh I want him to move to number 10. One of his biggest strengths is his dribbling, he's more unpredictable in the middle, and his passing is nothing to laugh at either.

james baldwin

Not a bad individual trophy haul for Hazard it seems.

CGRYmJQW8AALHie.jpg

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah he swept every single league player of the year award, well, barring young player but he's 24, he really shouldn't be eligible for it. Should be 21 and under.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Yeah he swept every single league player of the year award, well, barring young player but he's 24, he really shouldn't be eligible for it. Should be 21 and under.

Indeed. How the hell is 24 still young in the football world?

james baldwin

I know, but the thing is there are so few under 21 players in the EPL that play regularly for their clubs, at least in comparison to other top European leagues. It's not a league for young players at all. That's why the PL does 23 and under as "young". (Hazard was 23 at the start of the season, so that's why he qualified).

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Even 23 is a stretch, I'd say 22 should be cut off max, a decent enough amount of players are alright at 21/22.

Home of Barca Fans