Do you want Lucho to remain coach next season?

Should we keep Lucho next season?

• Total voters

serghei

Highly improbable the team play would take a 180 degrees turn !

It was the same talk in 2015, and exactly around this time during the winter. He's our manager and he has won a treble and a double, plus other trophies. A bad season can happen, and if we don't crumble and challenge for trophies, even if we don't win them, it's enough this season for me.

serghei

We draw the line after this season at the end. Until then, he has to be given the chance to turn things around. Win Champions League and the season is a success. Season is at it's middle. Lots of game to be played. Madrid could very well get beaten at Sevilla.

FC B

It was the same talk in 2015, and exactly around this time during the winter. He's our manager and he has won a treble and a double, plus other trophies. A bad season can happen, and if we don't crumble and challenge for trophies, even if we don't win them, it's enough this season for me.

Back then the team played much better football than this shit of today. As a matter fact its almost a full freaking year since they play poorly !

dakt

If he gets lucky just like Zidane did, we might end up with a treble. :)
Still that doesn't change the fact that he's an average manager, just like Zidane is.

vlad

its not only about trophies, he won alot in his first 2 season, surpassing pep guardiola, but team is playing bad from the second half of last season till now and no improvments, they almost lost a league title and they had 10 points+ from real, it came down to the last 2 matches in la liga, complete meltdown that was, i dont see nothing what lucho can bring to this team so that i would be happy if he continues after this season.

God Serena

He's a complete and utter moron. The list of his mistakes is constantly growing and he's shown no signs of improving. So often people try to say he's surpassed Pep or some BS like that because "Trophies!" but the reality is we've been successful in spite of Licho, not because of him, while Pep is the one who made us great when he was here.

He had one good spell where MSN turned things around for him in his first season but since the turn of 2016 it's been rapidly downhill. He's crashing and burning worse than Mourinho's Real Madrid and how anyone can say we should keep him one more day, nevermind *next season*, is completely beyond me.

serghei

its not only about trophies, he won alot in his first 2 season, surpassing pep guardiola, but team is playing bad from the second half of last season till now and no improvments, they almost lost a league title and they had 10 points+ from real, it came down to the last 2 matches in la liga, complete meltdown that was, i dont see nothing what lucho can bring to this team so that i would be happy if he continues after this season.

Team is not playing bad all the time. We lost a lot of points when we played well. We played well against Malaga, we played pretty well yesterday, we played well in the Clasico and should have won the game. We played better football than Villareal and we deserved to win. After they scored for 1-0 because of a personal mistake by Digne and other personal mistakes in defence (Pique), we create quite a lot of chances, including 2 pens. and a shot that hit the post.

It's true that this looks like our worst season under Lucho, but we need to see how it pans out. We might as well win the Copa and CL and make it a great season. You never know. Team is still strong enough to win against the biggest teams, as we saw we dominated Madrid on Camp Nou to the point that they had no clear chances to score.

For me, it's still too early. We knock out PSG, maybe we get a luckier draw this time in the QF and before you know it we're 2 games short of a CL final.

Last edited:

Cool

For those that are suggesting to get Pochettino, Isn't he a former player and coach of Espanyol?

I dont think the chances of him coming are that big. I'd rather bring in Bielsa. What's everyone thoughts on Bielsa, he's available and I dont think he would turn down Barcelona.

His Bilbao played pretty attractive football.

El Barcelona

The most logic situation is that lucho get a 5 yr contract extensions. That's how players/managers who playing bad got motivated these day's..

khaled_a_d

For those that are suggesting to get Pochettino, Isn't he a former player and coach of Espanyol?

I dont think the chances of him coming are that big. I'd rather bring in Bielsa. What's everyone thoughts on Bielsa, he's available and I dont think he would turn down Barcelona.

His Bilbao played pretty attractive football.

I agree with Pochettino,he is Espanyol legend. What is next?bring Raul as his assistant?
But big no to Bielsa,the guy is definition of wasted potential for coaches. He has the ideas but he is so full of himself that he will never be able to handle a team for success. Never did before and will never happen. Always fall short.
In a club like Barca it is a disaster waiting to happen.

Cool

I think he'd bring the tactical flexibility and take out the trash (Gomes and Arda and Vidal). Quite frankly, I don't think Sampaoli will leave Sevilla this soon, doesn't strike me as that type of coach.

Atleast Bielsa will have the guts to bench Neymar or Suarez when they're having awful game after game, right?

JerseyAddict

Who will come in this moment that is "at least" good. That is the problem. And waiting to get someone in sommer may be to late.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Definitely no. I wouldn't renew him even if wins 1 major trophy this season and before LeeRomeno comes in and calls me spoiled Barca fan, I will tell you why. Because next season Iniesta will be 33 years old and he'll play even less and might start to decline. Now Lucho already has trouble playing without Alves, imagine how this team would look like a season where Iniesta can't play as much as he used to or can't perform on level he used to perform. And without Iniesta, it won't be enough to say for midfielder, "you dribble past 4 defenders and deliver the ball to Messi", without Iniesta you need a system in midfield and Lucho doesn't have one.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans