Do you think that Atletico will intentionally lose?

Will Atletico lose intentionally?

• Yes

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 71.8%

• Total voters

cmsy27

I'm actually fairly optimistic they won't care too much about the match if they secure 3rd place before the match against us. Rest some key players, let some youngsters play instead, play with less intensity. They would even have valid reasons to do that, since they don't have anything to play for anymore.

But will they try playing an open game? They might as well play a weakened lineup but park the airplane, waste time and be as thuggish as possible. Try to play for a goalless draw, also not something I'd like. Similar to Chelsea last year against Liverpool.

Playing with less intensity is fair; it's an entirely different story from rolling over. Going by the scenario you gave, though, I would think the odds they'd play nice attacking football are fairly high. Fans will appreciate the show, youngsters will get to play decent football with little pressure, and they give us (without outright gifting us) a chance to secure a vital win :)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Problem is them securing the 3rd place; for that they need to win this week-end, and given how they were robbed of 2 legit goals against Athletic... nothing is more uncertain than that 3rd place being locked by the time we face them.

cmsy27

Problem is them securing the 3rd place; for that they need to win this week-end, and given how they were robbed of 2 legit goals against Athletic... nothing is more uncertain than that 3rd place being locked by the time we face them.

Who's the referee gonna be?

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Who's the referee gonna be?

No idea yet, last game it was the linier that screwd them over, 2 legit goals wrongly signaled offside.

I'm not a conspiracy guy, but this one was too big to simply ignore.. I guess what I'm saying is, we'll have a better picture after their next game against Levante, in theory, they should win and thus secure their 3rd place if Valencia loses.

If they win and RM wins too, it's 79pts for them, 72 for Valencia, and 2 games left to play = mathematically sure to be 3rd.

cmsy27

No idea yet, last game it was the linier that screwd them over, 2 legit goals wrongly signaled offside.

I'm not a conspiracy guy, but this one was too big to simply ignore.. I guess what I'm saying is, we'll have a better picture after their next game against Levante, in theory, they should win and thus secure their 3rd place if Valencia loses.

If they win and RM wins too, it's 79pts for them, 72 for Valencia, and 2 games left to play = mathematically sure to be 3rd.

But if Valencia wins... :cheers:

Home of Barca Fans