Do you think Rakitic will be a better fit for Barça than Cesc?

Do you think Rakitic will be a better fit for Barça than Cesc?

• Total voters

onzeXI

Yes because we need physical players and Rakitic has it. He's technically good and he's taller and bigger. He's gonna be useful on set pieces. He can be our Yaya Toure than could bully defenders.

He's 6 feet, 165 pounds, plays strong and with intensity but he's not close to Yaya's size or the way he plays.

coura

Banned
In 3 seasons cesc showed he is no replacement for Xavi.

We dont need another Xavi. We need a Modric kind of player. Rakitic may suit the role. I would prefer to maintain Cesc. He is world class and he links with messi like no one else.
Class player are not enough. Selling for 33 is even worse. Don´t even want to talk about it

The good thing is we will no longer try to shoehorn Cesc into the lineup. Cesc leaving will be the end of Iniesta on the left wing and Neymar on the right wing. I just hope Rakitic will be able to rest Xavi often. And that a Rakitic-Busquets-Iniesta midfield will work in big games (if Xavi gets injured).

Last edited:

dakt

Mentally hi fits in Barca, low ego, hard working...but I don't see any profit from crossing to our dear Hobbits. But then again he's more versatile then that.

Home of Barca Fans