Do you think Rakitic will be a better fit for Barça than Cesc?

Do you think Rakitic will be a better fit for Barça than Cesc?

• Total voters

Antimadridista1

Yes.
He's quicker, can handle pressure and has a great first touch. He works hard for his team, can help Busi by defending and making a double-pivot if needed.
I'm not saying that Rakitic can control a midfield the way Xavi does, but I hope that he will be able to.

aaron101

Yes because we need physical players and Rakitic has it. He's technically good and he's taller and bigger. He's gonna be useful on set pieces. He can be our Yaya Toure than could bully defenders.

L

linetty

Yes.
He's quicker, can handle pressure and has a great first touch. He works hard for his team, can help Busi by defending and making a double-pivot if needed.
I'm not saying that Rakitic can control a midfield the way Xavi does, but I hope that he will be able to.
Pretty much this.

He'll be already better in my book if he can play a full season, not only a half.

V

voodoomaster

I hope you are right, but cesc is no Ferrari exactly, more like a lada.

Birdy

Of course he is better fit. Fabregas has no position at Barca.
Rakitic will sub Xavi (or XAvi will sub Rakitic as the thing seems ..), he is great for that position.
But, our first priority should have been Vidal of course, the best player we can get to close the whole in the middlefield

Djab

There was a rumour yesterday that he'll pass his medical for Barcelona today. No news? Or it was bs?!

F

Flavia

I'm sure that Rakitic won't be better than Cesc ... And there is no replacement for Xavi in the world, it's just that Cesc is the closetst one ...
Cesc is not the closest one, not in the slightest. He is nothing like Xavi. The closest one was Thiago.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Cesc is not the closest one, not in the slightest. He is nothing like Xavi. The closest one was Thiago.

Not even Thiago. Currently only 3 players I have seen that have similar qualities to Xavi and we at least have one of em. Those three are Gundongan, Oliver Torres and Wilfred Kaptoum although the latter two are too young and unpolished while the former has a career threatening injury. For now Rakitic will do. He would at least have some pace and useful work-rate contrary to Cesc if all else fails. But this is just my personal opinion

L

linetty

There was a rumour yesterday that he'll pass his medical for Barcelona today. No news? Or it was bs?!
di marzio & bild reported it, a barcelona doctor will go to brazil to do the medical before the world cup, 15mil+bonuses the price tag

Home of Barca Fans