Difficulty selling players or offload them!

Porque

Raphi is fine if we are all in on developing Lamine for that spot. The perfect foil infact. Let Lamine have those 20-30 cameos after Raphinha has run his socks off.

I am sure he will be ready to take over sooner than later. But no rush.

JamDav1982

As was said last summer Barca should have been signing players with dribbling ability that could better replace what Dembele brought and not spending 50m on a 34 year old.

More thought should have been put into long term.

Worst part is Barca have spent 200m on the attack to replace Messi, Griezmann and Dembele all three of who would fit better Xavis tactics now better than players brought in.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Where exactly would Griezmann fit in??? Certainly not RW. Maybe right AM in a box midfield, but then who plays RW???

Raphina was a reasonable transfer. Lewy - while I am not a big fan - is better than Auba. And I don't know, but there really weren't any options at CF. 50m was a lot, but he also added the superstar marketing factor. Hardly the disaster transfers you make them out to be (apart from Ferran, not touching that one, but even he helped us qualify for the CL when we were in dire need of forwards).

FC B

Raphinha is hard to upgrade in the current market. You'd spend 70-80m on such a player. First you get someone that could pull up 25 G+A in a season to start, then you can sell Raphinha.

I have no problem with selling Raphinha, just like with Dembele. I only have a problem with selling these players and bringing no one instead. :lol:

Don't tell me 16 year old Lamal is gonna do all that stuff. Don't join the delusional brigade, it's overcrowded as it is.

Raphinha is the least of our problems.
It's always a challange to replace but what about Ferran and Kounde?

JamDav1982

Where exactly would Griezmann fit in??? Certainly not RW. Maybe right AM in a box midfield, but then who plays RW???

Raphina was a reasonable transfer. Lewy - while I am not a big fan - is better than Auba. And I don't know, but there really weren't any options at CF. 50m was a lot, but he also added the superstar marketing factor. Hardly the disaster transfers you make them out to be (apart from Ferran, not touching that one, but even he helped us qualify for the CL when we were in dire need of forwards).

Griezmann would be levels above Gavi on that LW/AM role and currently better than Pedri if Xavi wants a second striker up near Lewa.

Lewa doesnt add 'superstar marketing' factor and isnt worth what paid.

Raphinha is a decent player but doesnt fit the system Xavi has been trying to play to any great degree.

Lamile at newly 16 has more ability than him to fit that role.

JamDav1982

The financial situation will be helping Raphinha/Kounde stay at Barca.

Sell them for price got last summer and make about 12m odd in profit which then get probably 4/5m from to spend from fee and another 4/5m of salary.

Next summer if got their fee then could have 34m and depending on where are with FFP that full 34m to spend on market.

malvolio

We are a EL level team but with CL winning salaries, that's why.

None of the current squad would make it into Barca 2009/20011 first 11.

JamDav1982

Nah thats not true.

Barca could sell a lot of their players and a lot of the top CL teams would be in for them.

I doubt many folk would even say City/Real teams that just won the CL have many players that get in that Barca 2009/11 side either so largley irrelevant.

FC B

Kounde is still early days, and Ferran is likely a flop, with slim chances of getting back the money paid for him.

I'm not sure it can be said it's early after a full season for Kounde and Ferran is only "likely" a flop? Imo it's the flopest we had since ever.

JamDav1982

Malvolio wants Barca to suffer without Messi and only loves the old amigos.

Barca were supposed to struggle for top 4 and never win a league for years without him.

Bare that in mind whenever he talks of Barca or any current players.

Home of Barca Fans