Didier Drogba

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
The only thing I dislike about Roman is buying Sheva in 2006 instead of Villa. I think back then Villa would have come. Villa-Drogba... Oh. My. Lord.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
The only thing I dislike about Roman is buying Sheva in 2006 instead of Villa. I think back then Villa would have come. Villa-Drogba... Oh. My. Lord.

villa wouldn't have gone anywhere.

jose wanted eto'o. now THAT would have been deadly.

in any case, drogba is a fucking beast. his ability on the ball is underrated (his finish against arsenal was absolutely majestic) even by those who say he has above-average skill for a big man. he's a simply phenomenal player and an even better battering ram.

I mean, yes, zlatan has more skill on the ball than him but go on, name me a striker who zlatan DOESN'T have more skill than. it's a silly thing to knock drogba down with because zlatan's so far and above anyone in that category as to render him beyond comparison.

it's like dissing dribblers because they're not as good as messi. they're not on the same ionosphere and everyone knows that, so what's your point?

they're both great targets, the difference is zlatan is an unorthodox target (chest control, long legs, etc.) whereas drogba is more orthodox (aerial knockdowns, gigantic shoulders, etc.) zlatan suits our style better but if we wanted a classic #9 option there's none better than the big man.

El Mesías

It would be such a dream strike pairing of Drogba & Eto'o. but come the increasingly annoying African's Cup. We can see Chelsea slide.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Someone mentioned his stats this season. Forgot the numbers but I remember the figure was impressive.

Olsend

Drogba is one of the most complete strikers I think, joy to watch him especially when he is mad :D

Lol and he scored two goals today, he is unstoppable!

Last edited:

[FCB]Messi[10

21 goals in the Premiere League I believe. 2 behind Rooney, and he is getting closer to becoming the leading scorer in the league.

barca96

what a beast!
he could man handle lucio and samuel.

but did he really intentionally step on motta?( such an a**h*le of a person btw)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hm... I thought Lucio and Samuel stopped him quite effectively in both legs.
Another example how being big and physical doesn't necessarily mean you will brake down well organized defenses. His work rate is fantastic though and his overall season maybe the best he ever had.

Barcilliant

Drogba has no character and lacks ticker on the big occassion unlike Samu. Got sent of in 08 CL final. Fluffed 3 chances against us last year. Got sent off again this year. No class and no character and its no wonder with 'leaders' like him & Terry in the dressing room Chelsea havent won the CL!

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
You got to admit that the Inter defense was allowed to fight a war with Drogba. I know Drogba is a twat and all of that but the referee was very lenient in these two games.

If you allow that, than no attacker will win the war. Small or big or strong or technical or ...

Thierry

If Drogba had held his head & not put a boot to Motta, they could've had a penalty, and maybe, just maybe, they would've been back into the game.

well...too bad, try again next year.:)

barca96

Hm... I thought Lucio and Samuel stopped him quite effectively in both legs.
Another example how being big and physical doesn't necessarily mean you will brake down well organized defenses. His work rate is fantastic though and his overall season maybe the best he ever had.

yeah they did but drogba did manage to break free.
that dude man handles people.

btw i thought he handled the situation quite well. he had a few bad calls against him.
inter was playing quite dirty. too bad he snapped in the end.

Home of Barca Fans