Didier Drogba

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Why would we want to compare Zlatan to Drogba here? For me Drogba has definitely been in form of his life in the Prem and he's doing absolutely great at the moment.
Cause like most Cules think, if you play for Barca you're the best in your position and you have to be brought up even if the topic has no mention of you at all.

Drogba's first season in the EPL was massively underrated. 10 goals in 26 games sounds poor, but I do remember reading that he had the 2nd best goals to minutes record after Henry. He had a lot of injuries that season so it hampered his impact and minutes played.

FlyLo

Zlatan and Droga are very similar players.. Only fair (and interesting) to compare them.

Interista

Drogba is brilliant atm but he has to show he can keep this form up a few seasons before he can be compared with Ibra. Ibra's scoring record the past few seasons is much better, despite playing in a more difficult league to score in.

In a way they are similar because both are the strongest in the business, the best targetplayers and dealing with longballs. They have powerful shots and good at holding up the ball. IMO, everything Drogba does with targetplay, and ballholding abilities Ibra does a little bit better and more consistent, while Drogba does everything a bit better in front of goal, and I say a bit because Ibra's finishing has been superb this season with very few screwups. But that's where the comparisons end.

Drogba doesn't have Ibra's genius on the ball when it comes to passing and doing difficult passes that require vision, technique and pinpoint accuracy, neither is he as complete. Regardless of where Ibra has the ball, outisde the box, on the wing, on the counter etc he's dangerous because he's capable of everything. Like that Spanish commentator said, and that has been said many times before: He's like 3 players in 1. Drogba doesn't have that same element about him.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I love to see Drogba pissed off, when Chelsea is down in the score sheet he just flips mad... In one hand he makes himself look like an asshole, but on the other hand it shows his ambition and love for the game...

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
i always believed drogba to be better than ibra due to his impact on the game. zlatan has more raw skill but as meta said drogba's impact on the match is epic. i really dislike the way he whines and dives. why cant he just dive like our players and not whine :D

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I don't really see much in common between Ibra and Drogba outside of both being strong. Drogba is very much a target man, sure he's more skillfull and has a higher work rate than the archetypical target man but he's not really someone you want running into the box with the ball frequently. He gets a lot of assists but it's mostly because he protects the ball so well and is that dangerous in the air.

Ibra isn't good in the air for a guy well over 6 feet tall, he's nice to have at the end of crosses and long balls but as a target he's good, not great; it's his well above average skill that takes him to the next level; he's naturally more of a creator than a finisher IMO.

Villa is still better than both of them though, Villa can and will score every way possible against any defense. Him having less assists than Ibra and Drogba right now has everything to do with his teammates and shows just how decieving the assist stat is (sorry Justin)

Interista

Really? So if Chelsea would say: "hey let's trade Ibra for Drogba in a straight swap", you would jump on that like it's a good idea?

I think the problem here is that a lot of people haven't seen enough of Ibra. The more you will see the more you will understand. This form he's in now isn't some fluke. Neither are the passes he gives and creates. This is him on autopilot. Basicly a goal or an assist per game is what he has now. The same he had at Inter for his entire stay.

Furthermore statistically he's been brilliant for Barca. Not just in scoring but also creating as he is the second most creative player this term with 26 goalscoring chances created. Xavi first with 59 and Messi third with 21. After that Iniesta with 18.

I doubt Drogba will have this consistency for the entire season while I know Ibra will, at least.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Drogba is better at a lot of ways but I'd never trade Ibra for him, because Drogba is a cunt.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
Drogba is undoubtedly the best striker in the world right now followed by Ibra in my opinion. Drogba can outmuscle, outjump, and outdick anyone.

iced1776

Drogba is better at a lot of ways but I'd never trade Ibra for him, because Drogba is a cunt.

yeah i feel the same. perfect example was this weekend where he legitimately was taken down for a penalty, and still felt the need to flail himself to the ground. looks ridiculous.

Home of Barca Fans