Defender for next season?

W

woobie

One player of the quality I'd expect for Barcelona - but one I'd also put in the 'not bloody likely to come' list along with Thiago Silva & Javi Martinez - is Bayern's Philipp Lahm. He's VERY good.

tiki-taka

One player of the quality I'd expect for Barcelona - but one I'd also put in the 'not bloody likely to come' list along with Thiago Silva & Javi Martinez - is Bayern's Philipp Lahm. He's VERY good.

Bayern won't sell him and beside, he doesn't wanna leave anymore as he is settled with the club though he was interested in a move few years ago but Barca never showed any real interest towards the player.

snasa

After the cl game today, you know who should have priority. Alaba! He is a beast, he remind me of Abidal, his defense skill are amazing and his crosses are just fucking sexy!
Not mention he is just 19 years old...

EDIT: Lahm sucks, he is not the same like 2-3 years ago, yeah had a very good game today but Alaba was a beast!

tiki-taka

After the cl game today, you know who should have priority. Alaba! He is a beast, he remind me of Abidal, his defense skill are amazing and his crosses are just fucking sexy!
Not mention he is just 19 years old...

I agree he has impressed me today as well and I like to watch Bayern when they play in the bundesliga but honestly Alaba is weak in his defensive duties, he frequently gets exposed out of position and sometimes Ribery put him on alert not to go deep close to the box while not giving Ribery back support in his dribbles or marking his opponent instead of roaming around which he does often. Btw, Alaba has been giving play minutes because Rafinha was if I'm not mistaken not yet fully match fit after from his injury or still hasn't recovered can't tell exact what the reason was but anyway that's why Lahm is now playing as right back instead of left back

Last edited:

0n0mat0p0eia

How about Stefan RADU the romanian who plays for Lazio, i think. He can play CB or LB
Also ANSALDI the argentinian who plays for Kazan. He can play on both flanks and is a v good defender, and is great going forward.
Aly Cissokho of Lyon has power and pace.

Chainsaw

Killahead
How about Stefan RADU the romanian who plays for Lazio, i think. He can play CB or LB
Also ANSALDI the argentinian who plays for Kazan. He can play on both flanks and is a v good defender, and is great going forward.
Aly Cissokho of Lyon has power and pace.

Radu not good enough
Ansaldi is ok
Cissokho, better than the other two.

Theconomist

Since when is 28 too old for a denfender?
You guys are mental.
Thiago silva would be perfect.
Ideally we'd buy Silva,Alba and Neymar this season.
If Pep leaves tho and Bielsa comes (as is expected) then I wouldn't be surprised if we got Martinez.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Since when is 28 too old for a denfender?
You guys are mental.
Thiago silva would be perfect.
Ideally we'd buy Silva,Alba and Neymar this season.
If Pep leaves tho and Bielsa comes (as is expected) then I wouldn't be surprised if we got Martinez.

Thiago Silva would be a costly deal for a team that is not in dire need of a first team CB. If anything a LB is the most for Barca now. For the central defence I will still play Puyol-Pique there for the next season. Only to get a defender who is younger, can settle into the team slowly, and is reliable enough when the other defenders are out due to injury, suspension and etc (like how Gabi Milito was in his first season and when he came back from the long-spell injury. Not talking about his last season though!). And ofc 28 is not any young either.

And Brazilians usually tend to diminish way faster when they hit their 30s. Not gonna generalize about this and say Silva will be the same. But that's how the story has been about many of them. I rather spend the money on a younger prospect.

Home of Barca Fans