De Bruyne vs Hazard

When both are retired, who will be remembered as the better player?

• De Bruyne

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Hazard

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daisymorr

Why are we comparing different positions?

Anyways the answer is definitely KDB. People have a bias for players who dribble well. KDB is a complete Footballer and very very consistent.

Also KDB has regular magic moments just like peak Hazard. His defense splitting passes are absolutely sensational and he scores long distance bangers too.

Best player in the Prem last decade.

Will be remembered more because of his consistency, constant trophies including CL and being the undisputed best player of the Best PL Dynasty ever(Pep's City).

Let's not forget that even in his absolute peak, Hazard essentially took a year off for no reason.
Very good post.
Cant argue with anything there.

Daisymorr

Belgiem seemed to build their team around Hazard - maybe they would have had more success as KDB as the heartbeat???

Last edited:

Temptation

Belgiem seemed to build there team around Hazard - maybe they would have had more success as KDB as the heartbeat???

It might appear that way coz Hazard is a player who hogs the ball a lot(not criticism; he deserves to do it coz he's THAT magical on the ball) and takes on opponents constantly. So when you watch a game you subconsciously think everything is built around Hazard. On the other hand, KDB is the opposite as he releases the ball very fast and attempts high risk-high reward Hollywood passes. This is an outcome of their roles and playing styles.

I might be completely wrong here since I don't remember the exact formation and system involved but I don't remember them building around Hazard solely. I think it was built around both of them and Lukaku at the same time.

I think the 2018 WC is clouding your judgement in this regard. That's because Hazard was amazing in that WC from what I recall.

A lot in international tournaments is pure luck. I remember Belgium being the better team vs France in Russia but France ultimate nicked the game. Belgium should have won that World Cup by merit.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

A lot in international tournaments is pure luck. I remember Belgium being the better team vs France in Russia but France ultimate nicked the game. Belgium should have won that World Cup by merit.

belgium was unlucky that they needed to play against brazil 3 days before the France match, otherwise they would have beaten them, that was peak Belgium

vegitot

Kdb, easy.

Hazard is skillful and a fanstatic dribbler (one of very best). Also dominated EPL but always disappeared in UCL.

Kdb's passes are just as beautiful as Hazard's dribbles.

Nucky

De Bruyne easily.. Hazard was top class only in Premier League while De Bruyne is the main reason why City won UCL last season..

Windhook

One problem both players had in common was a guy named Jose Mourinho. I remember his final Chelsea period there were problems with Hazard's professionalism, the poor training. I've heard stories about Mourinho's strictness, telling leading players to commit and set example. Hazard did the opposite and we know what he turned into after 2018 WC.

KdB was passed over, not very familiar for the reasons, but in the end bad judgement by Mourinho. And his rival Pep turned him into a golden goose.

For me it's Kevin De Bruyne. I value playmakers more, the classic no.10 that is going extinct with the modern football.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I remember when i saw Kdb in the stadium 7 or 8 years ago, he played for Wolfsburg to that time. I thought wow this guy is playing incredible but who would have thought that this red-head dude will become one of the best midfield players of all time? Imagine if he would have gone to bayern, real or barca. Fantastic dude with an outstanding mentality.

Home of Barca Fans