De Bruyne vs Hazard

When both are retired, who will be remembered as the better player?

• De Bruyne

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Hazard

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CatalinR10

Hazard on his day was literally unplayable. Could dribble half the team easily. KDB is obviously a top player but Hazard stands out for me compared to him.

For all the talk and shit , KDB was rather really underwhelming for his NT and whenever I saw him play for NT he was kinda mediocre.

Daisymorr

Hazard on his day was literally unplayable. Could dribble half the team easily. KDB is obviously a top player but Hazard stands out for me compared to him.

For all the talk and shit , KDB was rather really underwhelming for his NT and whenever I saw him play for NT he was kinda mediocre.
Thanks for your opinion.
Tend to have a similar view. KDB will probably have better stats but Hazard was amazing.
Peak Hazard was possibly the best in the world with the exception of Ronaldo and Messi at that time.

Andresito

Staff member
Think with Hazard there will always be a disappointment that he didn't evolve into that reliable G+A provider. He had great numbers in his last Chelsea season and expectations were that he would keep building on that in Madrid and become a consistent ~1 G/A per game type of player like Neymar, Ribery, Robben, Bale, Salah etc, but he never did. And I say this because he was a very dominant player and even more talented than some of those I mentioned. You expect more goals from that type of world class talent.

KDB on the other hand reached his absolute max. He won big titles and was the best player in that team, creating, scoring and providing assists. For me I'd rank KDB above Hazard.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Think with Hazard there will always be a disappointment that he didn't evolve into that reliable G+A provider. He had great numbers in his last Chelsea season and expectations were that he would keep building on that in Madrid and become a consistent ~1 G/A per game type of player like Neymar, Ribery, Robben, Bale, Salah etc, but he never did. And I say this because he was a very dominant player and even more talented than some of those I mentioned. You expect more goals from that type of world class talent.

KDB on the other hand reached his absolute max. He won big titles and was the best player in that team, creating, scoring and providing assists. For me I'd rank KDB above Hazard.

Ngl Sito, hazard's flop at Real was the most unexpected thing i ever seen in my long life! He was an individual worldclass player, nearly peak Ney level, how could he flop like that??

for me peak Hazard > peak Kdb

but overall Kdb > Hazard

Last edited:

Daisymorr

Ngl Sito, hazard's flop at Real was the most unexpected thing i ever seen in my long life! He was an individual worldclass player, nearly peak Ney level, how could he flop like that??

for me peak Hazard > peak Kdb

but overall Kdb > Hazard
Completely agree with your final two lines. Think KDB also had more going for him defensively and could run games from CM a couple years ago. Hazard is a 10 or LW. KDB has a few more positions in his armory.

JamDav1982

Peak KDB every time.

Hazard was a lazy cunt who got by on ability alone when allowed to be that lazy for so many years.

Would rather have peak KDB any day of week and twice on a Sunday.

Temptation

Why are we comparing different positions?

Anyways the answer is definitely KDB. People have a bias for players who dribble well. KDB is a complete Footballer and very very consistent.

Also KDB has regular magic moments just like peak Hazard. His defense splitting passes are absolutely sensational and he scores long distance bangers too.

Best player in the Prem last decade.

Will be remembered more because of his consistency, constant trophies including CL and being the undisputed best player of the Best PL Dynasty ever(Pep's City).

Let's not forget that even in his absolute peak, Hazard essentially took a year off for no reason.

Daisymorr

Yeah you might be right with the comparison to the players you have mentioned but Hazard was playing in a tougher league at the time where goals were harder to come by. Even now, the PL is much more open.
Hazard won a lot of the big matches on his own for Chelsea. Hazard was a big game player against United, Liverpool & Arsenal back in the day.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Completely agree with your final two lines. Think KDB also had more going for him defensively and could run games from CM a couple years ago. Hazard is a 10 or LW. KDB has a few more positions in his armory.

Definitely. Its difficult to compare because both are on different positions but peak hazard was pure magic, top5 players of this generation in my opinion and only 10% weaker than peak Ney.

Enjoy my friends:

Daisymorr

Peak KDB every time.

Hazard was a lazy cunt who got by on ability alone when allowed to be that lazy for so many years.

Would rather have peak KDB any day of week and twice on a Sunday.
KDB could play in more positions, better defensively and probably a more determined character.
Hazard was lazy at times - especially with his training and dedication. He was a big game player though and won many matches on his own vs United, Liverpool & Arsenal.

JamDav1982

Wouldnt go over board on how much of a big game player he was.

Think he scored in something like 5 games in Europe in last 5 seasons at Chelsea and they won the CL the year before he joined and year after he left.

He was another one at Chelsea that was too big for boots and when he decided time up for a coach could down tools.

Temptation

Why are we comparing different positions?

Anyways the answer is definitely KDB. People have a bias for players who dribble well. KDB is a complete Footballer and very very consistent.

Also KDB has regular magic moments just like peak Hazard. His defense splitting passes are absolutely sensational and he scores long distance bangers too.

Best player in the Prem last decade.

Will be remembered more because of his consistency, constant trophies including CL and being the undisputed best player of the Best PL Dynasty ever(Pep's City).

Let's not forget that even in his absolute peak, Hazard essentially took a year off for no reason.
I'd like to add that:

No one from this generation comes close to peak Hazard in terms of dribbling ability(except that Barca guy obviously).

Giving Hazard his flowers. Insanely talented.

Daisymorr

Wouldnt go over board on how much of a big game player he was.

Think he scored in something like 5 games in Europe in last 5 seasons at Chelsea and they won the CL the year before he joined and year after he left.

He was another one at Chelsea that was too big for boots and when he decided time up for a coach could down tools.
Stats wise Hazard will not compare to other big names of that generation but he always seemed to look like the best player on the pitch in so many big games. He created lots of chances and dribbled players with ease in big games. He was always the danger man for the opposition.

I am not favouring Hazard at all, but I think he was far more influential than his Goals & Assists would suggest.
I am a massive fan of KDB also as a player.

Home of Barca Fans