Dayot Upamecano

LABarcaFan

Stunning player, he should be our priority.

[tw]1226579858647658497[/tw]

His contract expires in 2021 so he'd be free. Don't expect this to happen though. He'll most likely be sold this summer.

Yes. I was thinking about that. Leipzig won't wait till 2021, when he can walk away for nothing in return. I agree with you that he will have new team this summer. I just hope that is Barcelona. So on July, his price will drop to 80 mil. plus some add-ons, it may climb up to 90-95 mil. But even with that price, we have to consider him as a target # 1, because from whatever I have seen against Bayern, Upamecano is better than Virgil van Dijk. And he is just 20 y.o. If Bartomeu is ready to pay 110 - 120 mil. for Lautaro, then he should be able to pay whatever it takes to sign this guy.

LABarcaFan

If former French and Barcelona cb/lb Abidal can't convince this guy to join us / doesn't go for him then in the bin Abidal goes. We could offer them Umtiti with €40m, two birds one stone, good deal for both. Umtiti still gets champions league football, leipzig wouldn't find much better on the market for the price.

Not a bad idea to swap Umtiti and Upamecano, but in that case, we need to find one more CB, because Pique will be gone for sure and Lenglet does not looks very promising as well.

JamDav1982

Not a bad idea to swap Umtiti and Upamecano, but in that case, we need to find one more CB, because Pique will be gone for sure and Lenglet does not looks very promising as well.

There is zero chance Leipzig want Umtiti.

He is pretty much the exact opposite of the profile of player they try to sign.

Best barca can hope for for him is a loan next season and a team to cover his wages. No club is spending even 20m on him.

jairzinho

Both Arsenal and Man Utd inquired about Umtiti in January. If he can finish the season injury free we could fetch about 20-25 million for him.

20 million is peanuts in todays market especially for EPL clubs.

JamDav1982

Both Arsenal and Man Utd inquired about Umtiti in January. If he can finish the season injury free we could fetch about 20-25 million for him.

20 million is peanuts in todays market especially for EPL clubs.

Dont believe either of those would have wanted Umtiti on permanent deal in January.

At best they would be looking to take him on loan and have a closer look.

He isnt injury free and his knee has impacted him as a player. Teams are not daft and can see is not what he was.

Can see how pans out but I dont think any side is paying for him in summer.

Andresito

Staff member
because from whatever I have seen against Bayern, Upamecano is better than Virgil van Dijk.

That's nonsense.

Absolutely nothing indicates that he'll leave, not on the pitch, nor off it. There hasn't been a single rumour regarding Piqué leaving.

Andresito

Staff member
It's awfully quiet regarding him. It was mostly Arsenal who were interested in him during january, now there are a few rumours that Bayern are interested, but nothing big. Leipzig didn't want to sell in last month and it looks like he won't renew.

He's been on our radar before, but nothing new lately. Would be great if we could close this one early like we did with Frenkie.

Raketa10

It's awfully quiet regarding him. It was mostly Arsenal who were interested in him during january, now there are a few rumours that Bayern are interested, but nothing big. Leipzig didn't want to sell in last month and it looks like he won't renew.

He's been on our radar before, but nothing new lately. Would be great if we could close this one early like we did with Frenkie.

I agree but our board is probably only having wet dreams about Neymar at the moment.

Messi983

There is zero chance Leipzig want Umtiti.

He is pretty much the exact opposite of the profile of player they try to sign.

Best barca can hope for for him is a loan next season and a team to cover his wages. No club is spending even 20m on him.

Yeah, didn't [MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION] said PSG's Kouassi already has a pre-deal with Leipzig? This is a type of CB signing they'll do to replace Upamecano if they sell him. They still have Konate and Orban for the next season while Klostermann (his contract is also expiring in 2021 so they might also sell him though) and Halstenberg have both also played as a CB. And who knows who they have in their academy and they can also always bring someone from their "feeder club" Salzburg. So there is absoulutely no need for Leipzig to get injury prone Umtiti unless it's on a "free loan".

LABarcaFan

That's nonsense.

Absolutely nothing indicates that he'll leave, not on the pitch, nor off it. There hasn't been a single rumour regarding Piqué leaving.

Then, you will be surprise when you see him out of the doors.Pique is piece of sh.t today and can not play in a big clubs anymore. Even the MSL of USA won't take him.

LABarcaFan

Konaté is the better talent, but also a player that won't be available this summer. RB Leipzig are for real when it comes to contending for titles under Nagelsmann.

If Konaté keep developing the way he has so far, I would bring him in to replace Pique in 1-2 years.

... to replace Pique in 1-2 years? That was the biggest joke I have heard lately. Setien won't be around after the season end and any new coach will not count on him. Day after day, Pique is becoming bigger garbage and heavier burden for our team. No way Jose he will stay after this season. No way. Mark my words.
If next season we will still have to count on Pique, Alba, Busquets, Vidal, Rakitic and Dembele, then we have zero chances to get out of the hole we are at the moment.

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

Dont believe either of those would have wanted Umtiti on permanent deal in January.

At best they would be looking to take him on loan and have a closer look.

He isnt injury free and his knee has impacted him as a player. Teams are not daft and can see is not what he was.

Can see how pans out but I dont think any side is paying for him in summer.

You are bigger pessimist than me.

Andresito

Staff member
Here we go. The ball is rolling.

_2154571_d43032b6.jpg

Home of Barca Fans