Dayot Upamecano

LABarcaFan

I'm not sure about the reliability, but it seems like his release clause is decreasing with 20M each year, meaning it'll be 60M next summer. Although SportBild on the other hand says it'll be 80M.

Dropping release clause with 20 million each year will means that in 2021 it will cost just 60 million. Not a bad price for French international I guess. He and Umtiti can form very solid pair, if they can stay healthy.

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

Umtiti regen

Yap. Looks like Upamecano has the same knee problems like Umtiti. I have sad it already that many African players are suffering from various foot problems and because of that, they are missing solid amount of games each year.
Great athlete with lots of physical tools, good positioning and passing, very good vision of the game... but he has to pass all medical evaluations, before eventually signing with us.

LABarcaFan

He's showing off today. I don't always love his positioning, but he's the right profile and quality CB that we need.

I have been watching today Bayern - RB Leipzig game very closely. There are 3 players from Leipzig ( Klostermann, Upamecano and Werner ) and Joshua Kimmich from Bayern who were in our talks as of lately as eventual new signings with Barcelona. What I have seen is this:

Kimmich is playing as a defensive midfielder ( not right back ) and was very solid. Klistermann at the other hand had also very good performance for the RBL. Timo Werner was almost invisible and his play was disaster. Above all this name I would like to mention Dayot Upamecano. He did neutralize Lewandowski, T.Muller and Serge Gnabry and was the main reason for Leipzig to win a point at Allianz Arena in Munich.An absolute master at high balls.I would love to see him in Barcelona uniform.And he is just 20 y.o.

jamrock

Yap. Looks like Upamecano has the same knee problems like Umtiti. I have sad it already that many African players are suffering from various foot problems and because of that, they are missing solid amount of games each year.
Great athlete with lots of physical tools, good positioning and passing, very good vision of the game... but he has to pass all medical evaluations, before eventually signing with us.

African players.....

LABarcaFan

African players.....

Yap. He is born in France, but his country of origin is Guinea-Bissau in the North West Africa.Same as Samuel Umtiti, who was born in Cameroon and his family moved to France, when he was 2 years old. If you see a dark skin French players, you should know that they are all with African descent. But they are not only in France. The entire Europe is full with them, including the Germany, the most Aryan nation in the World.

P.S.
This information is for "Luftstalag14" and "soul24rage" too, who has liked your question. LOL.

Last edited:

Messi983

Stunning player, he should be our priority.

[tw]1226579858647658497[/tw]

Dropping release clause with 20 million each year will means that in 2021 it will cost just 60 million. Not a bad price for French international I guess. He and Umtiti can form very solid pair, if they can stay healthy.

His contract expires in 2021 so he'd be free. Don't expect this to happen though. He'll most likely be sold this summer.

Messi983

Don't really care about his price, CB should be our priority IMO. If we can get someone at least as good as Upamecano and cheaper then fine but if not go all out for him.

Yannik

60m is nothing for this guy, by far the best CB in the BuLi and right now the best young CB in the world.

Rory

If former French and Barcelona cb/lb Abidal can't convince this guy to join us / doesn't go for him then in the bin Abidal goes. We could offer them Umtiti with €40m, two birds one stone, good deal for both. Umtiti still gets champions league football, leipzig wouldn't find much better on the market for the price.

mc_lovin

No idea about Konate, but Im sold on Upamecano. Saw him vs Bayern and he has a similar presence as "old" Umtiti.

Edit: Contract length alone favours Upamecano. Konate would be probably more expensive, and we need bodies in midfield+a topclass forward as well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Konaté is the better talent, but also a player that won't be available this summer. RB Leipzig are for real when it comes to contending for titles under Nagelsmann.

If Konaté keep developing the way he has so far, I would bring him in to replace Pique in 1-2 years.

serghei

If he's good, strong, young and fast sign him up. I'm tired of having slow defenders who panic when somebody runs at them.

Home of Barca Fans