David Villa

Stric

I never understood the entire not-celebrating-goals-against-former-club thing. Unless you're really making a disrespectful thing out of it and rubbing it in their faces very rudely, what's the problem? It's only natural to be happy about scoring a goal. You could say it's classy not to celebrate, but I wouldn't call it NOT classy to celebrate.

pEllee

I never understood the entire not-celebrating-goals-against-former-club thing. Unless you're really making a disrespectful thing out of it and rubbing it in their faces very rudely, what's the problem? It's only natural to be happy about scoring a goal. You could say it's classy not to celebrate, but I wouldn't call it NOT classy to celebrate.

It's absolutely ridiculous really. Sturridge took it to a whole new level when he decided not to celebrate against Chelsea. A club who treated him like shit.

If Villa scores, I hope he celebrates.

Last edited:

Meitux

Well these days its something like ''respectful'' for most of people if players don't celebrate scoring against their old clubs, but its a stupid motto really. It makes sense only if it was his club for many years and was one of the most important players, i don't talk about Villa particularly but as Bojan said Barcelona is not his favoutire club.

Galning

Exactly.

Ghost

It isn't as bad if you read the actual quote:

''Will I celebrate if I score? I always celebrate goals, also against ex-teams. With respect, less cheerful, but you celebrate.''

He is not going to do an Adebayor..

pEllee

"Less cheerful"? What the hell? Just celebrate like you always do. Football fans in general seem to think everything is disrespectful.

Last edited:
L

Learo

I still feel bad about the way we treated him.

True, giving him a 11m euro wage increase and letting him leave for Atletico instead of richer clubs in England that offered us more money.

Awful treatment.

Home of Barca Fans