David Villa

Ursegor

World Champion
What a golazo. Power, accuracy/placement.

Wouldn't be shocked if he scores more than Falcao did.

Excluding penalties, neither would I. In a team where he is the main protagonist in the center with regular game time he'll be back to his best ahead of the World Cup; with a point to prove that Torres doesn't belong anywhere near the starting lineup for La Roja.

Stric

I hope he and Abi make Rosell cry throughout the season. Not that he'd care about anything except money, but still...

Jadentheman

Honestly though Neymar will be making too much noise for Rosell to even care. I happy David Villa is happy because management wasn't really nice to him those last few months for him at Barca

Scottro

The scary part is the keeper pulled off an amazing save against Villa on his first shot taken for athletico to limit him to just one. I hope he has a fantastic season there.

Armando929

Because of the current system it would be hard to see Villa at his best for Barca. He's not a natural winger. He can occasionally play there under certain circumstances but its not his thing. He's a goal scorer through and through. For Villa to shine, it would have had to be a front 3 of Neymar-Villa-Messi and Messi wants to play in the center, and you have Cesc making his case to get game time. This doesn't even factor in Alexis and Pedro(Whom hasn't done much since 2010 but run like a headless chicken).

So for all parties the best was for Villa to go but it would have been a lethal front three that probably would have rivaled the Henry-Eto'o-Messi of the 08/09 season.

ShandyFFM

A first option on Atletico Madrid midfielder Oliver Torres (18) would have been included in the deal on the transfer of David Villa. [as]

Now this "could" make sense perhaps 11

Home of Barca Fans