David Villa

abual3bed1

Those are sitters? Not every chance is a sitter now is it..
A sitter is going one on one with the goalie and putting it 3 metres wide or someone laying it off and you hitting the post.

The miss control chance was a sitter. Alves put him 1on1 with Sirigu. The 2nd wasn't.

Armando929

I didn't see him do anything bad. He had some nice runs up top but the midfielders couldn't find him. It happens.

He could have gotten more involved in the buildup I think but it just wasn't his night.

Wish he would have been able to latch on to that pass from Iniesta which was slightly ahead of him and the PSG keeper got to it.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I didn't see him do anything bad. He had some nice runs up top but the midfielders couldn't find him. It happens.

He could have gotten more involved in the buildup I think but it just wasn't his night.

Wish he would have been able to latch on to that pass from Iniesta which was slightly ahead of him and the PSG keeper got to it.

You are correct... He didn't play bad, he was just quiet, he had an off night... There was this one play where he received a through ball from Alexis and tried a back heel to set him up which would have worked 9 out of 10 times, but I guess this was that one time when it didn't work...

oz187

He was playing more on the right today, and like everyone else struggles to make an impact in that position.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
lol better than sanchez??? no way. alexis tracking back alone was whole better than what he did in the entire march. this alexis hate n villa love in the forum is getting out of hand.

cro-man

Villa is after messi our best finisher, but he isnt really a bus breaker he has not the speed and not the technique to do much damage. If he has freedom and room he will score but its only if and we rarely have much space..

Scottro

lol better than sanchez??? no way. alexis tracking back alone was whole better than what he did in the entire march. this alexis hate n villa love in the forum is getting out of hand.

Have you looked at Villa stats vs Sanchez? That would explain in.

DavidVillano1

I think Villa was even worse. He touched the ball about 3 times or so in the whole game.
Add another 20 or so on and you would then be correct.

Anyway Villa didn't get involved much in this game at all and had the least touches of any player bar Tello(who played about 10 minutes) Not enough, although he should have been put through the middle when Messi went off instead of Cesc. Can't ever fathom the thinking behind doing that, Tello should have came on instead.

As someone already mentioned, Villa makes lots of runs off the ball and in behind by he never receives the pass 9 times from 10. That's a key reason why he seems to be missing and not involved, not his fault he doesn't get the passes.

yep looked at it n found out villa touched the ball about 3 times n alexis won PK for us.
Where did you look, in your own made up fantasy book with a Sanchez cover on it?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans