David de Gea

Faceless

No more faces at night
Goddammit Perez, trying to compete with Barca's signing of Ter Stegen...

Oh boy. Get ready for the endless Ter Stegen vs De Gea comparison.. :shakeshead:

serghei

Yep. Totally worth it for Juve though. Not only has Buffon been class for them between the posts, but he also didn't leave them when they were relegated to Serie B after the calciopoli scandal.

That's what it means to truly care for a club.

M

monamou

De gea is better than Keylor navas obviously. The few games Keylor played with real this season i had a feeling every shot on goal was going in

Should be a record fee for the spaniard

raskolnikov

United will probably be stupid enough to use him as a bargaining chip for Bale, 80 million + De Gea, something moronic like that favoruing Madrid greatly overpaying for Bale simply because he is Brittish.

BBZ8800

I bet it must feel like shit to lose the GK who was supposed to be yours for the next decade after he has become World Class when you supported him through his difficult time at the beginning.

Man Utd should hold out a record fee. The most expensive GK in history is Buffon who went to Juventus from Parma for £33m(40m euros)

Since Figo and Zidane, as the most expensive, record-breaking transfers were 60-70 M Euros, then in the current market where Bale is worth 100 Millions and Neymar also around 100M, Buffon would be probably around 70-ish M in the current era, imo.

Morten

De gea is better than Keylor navas obviously. The few games Keylor played with real this season i had a feeling every shot on goal was going in

Should be a record fee for the spaniard

I dont know, Navas has been ok, if not a litle bit shaky for us. But he has been given so few chances, not a good way to boost his confidence in a new club, is it? We saw last season in la liga + the world cup what he was capable of. DDG is younger + he is spanish though.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
People making too much of a big deal out of this. IMO De Gea is an overrated keeper. He's a good keeper, don't get me wrong, but he reminds me a lot of Casillas in his best days. Capable of the great reaction save, but then allows a goal he should have maybe saved, and just like Casillas, struggles through the air.

But even if you don't believe he's overrated, it's just a keeper. Barca just put 5 goals past the best keeper in the world. Keepers can only do so much.

Leo_Messi

People making too much of a big deal out of this. IMO De Gea is an overrated keeper. He's a good keeper, don't get me wrong, but he reminds me a lot of Casillas in his best days. Capable of the great reaction save, but then allows a goal he should have maybe saved, and just like Casillas, struggles through the air.

But even if you don't believe he's overrated, it's just a keeper. Barca just put 5 goals past the best keeper in the world. Keepers can only do so much.

De Gea overrated? That's harsh man. I don't watch much PL football (as in games on a weekly basis) but I almost always catch the weekly highlights of the games and the commentators have been praising him to the skies this season and the past one. In the top games that I have seen with Man Utd this season, he has been one of their best performers continuously. Several MoM performances too. Moreover he has been praised in the Spanish and English media too. By former and current goalkeepers, on forums etc.

Casillas was arguably the best goalkeeper in the last decade along with Buffon. You have to be really spoiled to be too harsh on those two IMO.

I would like to believe that De Gea was an overrated goalkeeper and that he would not be much of an upgrade on the current Casillas but I would be lying to myself if I said I thought so.

In my eyes he is the best replacement for Casillas that they could buy. On the short run and most certainly on the long run.

First Danilo and now De Gea. Not bad if you ask me.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
De Gea overrated? That's harsh man. I don't watch much PL football (as in games on a weekly basis) but I almost always catch the weekly highlights of the games and the commentators have been praising him to the skies this season and the past one. In the top games that I have seen with Man Utd this season, he has been one of their best performers continuously. Several MoM performances too. Moreover he has been praised in the Spanish and English media too. By former and current goalkeepers, on forums etc.

Casillas was arguably the best goalkeeper in the last decade along with Buffon. You have to be really spoiled to be too harsh on those two IMO.

I would like to believe that De Gea was an overrated goalkeeper and that he would not be much of an upgrade on the current Casillas but I would be lying to myself if I said I thought so.

In my eyes he is the best replacement for Casillas that they could buy. On the short run and most certainly on the long run.

First Danilo and now De Gea. Not bad if you ask me.

I think he is. I've watched him from his Atletico days to the time he joined ManU until now, and while I think he's overhyped, I still think he's a good keeper, in fact a very good keeper, but he's caught on some that English hype and right now I think him to be overrated.

I disagree about Casillas. Always felt he was also vastly overrated by the Madrid media machine. He was given this angelic aura of savior that IMO he never warranted.

Just like De Gea now, Casillas was capable of that outstanding reflection save that left people going crazy, and sold papers, but quietly, he let in goals that he should have saved. They're also both weak in the air.

I think De Gea will be a most fitting Casillas replacement for RM.

Home of Barca Fans