Daniel Alves

Trequartista

The good
I cant see it happening in the next 2 years but also I cant see him retiring here,HE will move but not now,we need him also to develop Montoya and Dlamau.

JAMAIN

If someone comes in for a big offer for him say around 30M we should consider selling him. Not this year, but the next. I love him, don't get me wrong. I was a massive fan of the signing when it happend and defended the money we spent for him. However we cannot afford to grow stale. There was times last year where I thought his defending was especially suspect.

If Maicon does not go to Madrid this Summer, he will be available for cheaper from Inter next season. I also like Van der Wiel from Ajax. If he continues to grow, I think he could be a star in this Barca team.

Barcafan 2304

If someone comes in for a big offer for him say around 30M we should consider selling him. Not this year, but the next. I love him, don't get me wrong. I was a massive fan of the signing when it happend and defended the money we spent for him. However we cannot afford to grow stale. There was times last year where I thought his defending was especially suspect.

If Maicon does not go to Madrid this Summer, he will be available for cheaper from Inter next season. I also like Van der Wiel from Ajax. If he continues to grow, I think he could be a star in this Barca team.

Interesting call. Id love to see Maicon with us and actually fear him going RM

JAMAIN

I don't see why Madrid would need him though...they have Ramos there. That signing seems excessive to me as both those guys are automatic starters and mad competitive...

W

wuzu

Maicon is 30 years old isn't it ? how much longer can he run like a boy i wonder.
we shouldn't expect too much from Alves' defense. it's not his main job.

tk_TommyKim

Yeah, I don't want Maicon here because he's going to lose his pace soon...I think he's a couple years older than Dani. I really don't like Dani's attitude, though, and I feel like he may have to leave like how Ronaldinho and Deco left.

KluivertsBoots

I watched Dani play yesterday in the friendly against the States and he was the worst player on the pitch for Brazil by a pretty good margin in an otherwise convincing performance from the Selecao.

I was baffled Menezes left Alves in for the full 90 minutes. He barely looked fit for 45. It was easily the worst performance I have ever seen from Dani. He was very careless with the ball and appeared completely disinterested in the match for large stretches. I can't believe Menezes left him on the pitch.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
He played in the WC and played in the friendlies in Asia just until a few days ago. He should have never been called up.

Armando929

Alves is just out of shape, thats all. He's coming off vacation.

At times he's inconsistent but I think overall he's been very good for us. He's always a threat on that right side and when he's on form, he can deliver some sweet crosses. And he's a fighter. I like that about him ALOT..

Maybe he won't finish his career here but I still think we should hold on to him. He's still useful

KluivertsBoots

I'm not ready to get rid of Dani. Just saying he had no business on a pitch last night. I'm just glad he wasn't injured because he easily could have tweaked something in his condition.

Home of Barca Fans