Daniel Alves

anguy

He's continued playing in his new "false-midfielder" role rather than as a "false winger" and it suits him.

I think he actually played much worse than against Atletico. His defending was horrible and he never did much in offense too (because Messi was often venturing to the middle he was left isolated on RW too often). I've said it before and I say it again - let's try Adama on Alves position. At lest for some easier home games... He can't be much worse in defense, because Dani is invisible there and in offense, with that amount of space he would run havoc. Tonight our whole right flank often remained empty when Messi decided to go inside and left and centre was overcowded.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Exactly, he doesn't have to go so far up the pitch now most of the time, which prevents him for crossing and allows him to link up better and, more importantly, get in defensive positions a lot faster...

L

linetty

Exactly, he doesn't have to go so far up the pitch now most of the time, which prevents him for crossing and allows him to link up better and, more importantly, get in defensive positions a lot faster...
This. It's much better for the team.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Indeed! More of that from Alves because Douglas is breathing down his neck, he's really catching up and he might be ready for season just as promised.

BlueStripe

Based on what I have seen Alves has looked really impressive this season. Even when he was performing below his normal standards I thought he still looked quite good.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
1421774695_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

That hairstyle :lol:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Always remember these performances whenever you ask for montoya, he is no where near starter material. See how much a full back needs to attack in the new system can montoya do that? Ineffective as it maybe alves suits the role montoya would just suck on his best day imo.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Good game from Dani.

Remember when he got the ball on the wing he kind of shaped to cross and I nearly cried but then he passed it back instead and I saluted the man :beer2:

Home of Barca Fans