Dani Alves or Lahm?

Dani Alves or Lahm

• Total voters

Der Kaiser

I´m sort of double biased in this poll, I´m a supporter of both Barca and German NT.

I voted Lahm, he´s more consistent and can play both left and right at world class level. Offensively Dani is better, Lahm is a better defender (I´m not saying Dani is a bad defender, but Lahm can shut down his side against any opponent like no other FB in the world.)

B

barcelonista

Alves must the best fullback of all time offensively. He's practically like a second winger. 3 goals, 16 assists and it wasn't even a good season for him. Compare to Lahm who had 0 goals and 5 assists this season for club AND country. I swear, top class wingers like Antonio Valencia don't contribute as much as Alves does infront of goal. Defensively Lahm might be slightly better although I'm not so sure about that either. Alves bombs forward fearlessly no matter against who and takes risks. Lahm played very conservatively and stayed back against CR7 in the CL. Only got forward when Ronaldo changed the wings towards the end. It's not as if Alves can't play like that, too. See Supercopa in Camp Nou.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The bias here is horrible. Lahm is clearly better. He can play both sides and is much better a defending, better at crossing too. He can also attack just as well, see his goal v turkey and costa rica.

I'm certain this forum would vote adriano better than Ashley cole!

B

barcelonista

The bias here is horrible. Lahm is clearly better. He can play both sides and is much better a defending, better at crossing too. He can also attack just as well, see his goal v turkey and costa rica.

I'm certain this forum would vote adriano better than Ashley cole!

You have a Cesc avatar. Your argument is invalid.

G

Gareth Bale

Lahm's over-rated beyond belief; People judge him on his Germany performances and not his Munich performances.
Sloppy and caught out of positioning most times.

Alves is twice the player Lahm is.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Alves must the best fullback of all time offensively. He's practically like a second winger. 3 goals, 16 assists and it wasn't even a good season for him. Compare to Lahm who had 0 goals and 5 assists this season for club AND country. I swear, top class wingers like Antonio Valencia don't contribute as much as Alves does infront of goal. Defensively Lahm might be slightly better although I'm not so sure about that either. Alves bombs forward fearlessly no matter against who and takes risks. Lahm played very conservatively and stayed back against CR7 in the CL. Only got forward when Ronaldo changed the wings towards the end. It's not as if Alves can't play like that, too. See Supercopa in Camp Nou.

Ever heard of Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Carlos Alberto, Zanetti, Nelson Santos, Djalma Santos, Facchetti, Maldini?

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I would go as far as saying Serginho was better offensively too, but he was surely the lesser full back overall.

Home of Barca Fans