Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

JamDav1982

Neymar is better player then Ronaldo is. Iniesta and Xavi were as well few years back. People don't remember but Messi took his BdOrs by huge majority of votes and sometimes Ronaldo wasn't even in top 3. Its nothing wrong to say that this year there are many players better then him (Neymar, Modrić, Hazard etc). He had stinker today but one moment of schalke s brainfart was enough for him to nick a goal. Had he not scored, we would talk about him doing shit all.

If you are using Balon dor as evidence then quite clearly Ronaldo has been the second best player to Messi in this era.

It is not even close.

Morten

So what makes good goalscorer if not scoring goals? Because if its efficiency there are 50 more for the list since Ronaldo takes ridiculous amount of shots through his career to score that amount.

Gerd Muller is regarded as one of the greatest goalscorers ever. He played in Europe and German National Team, so he was big time player. Scored 700+ yet no one mentions him in top 10. Look, I know you guys have to have someone big on your team since you are one of the worlds biggest clubs. But when its all said and done, Messi will comfortably be n1, while Ronaldo will be very lucky to be in top 5. He won't, the hype will die and people will let go of their emotions and see that for last few years all he was is Inzaghi "on steroids" since he knew thats the only way he can keep up with Messi.

I havent watched even half of those on your list, but i know some of them spent a good amount of their careers in shitty leagues, thats something. Btw, i recon most people have heard of Gerd Muller, there is areason for that. Why he wasnt mentioned in top 10? Its not exactly my generation, so i wouldnt know. As for "Inzaghi on steroids", maybe he does remind me a bit of it. Still, while he isnt a goat ability-wise with the ball, its comfortably above the likes of inzaghis level.

blaugrana1987

There are more players doing that, but he is best of the rest. Benzema has 19 goals and 0 goals from penalty. Was he the main focus of the team and had he took those penalties he would be pretty much at Ronaldos rate of goals.

Possibly but then Neymar if given the penalties and set pieces from Messi there would not be much in it in terms of goals scored this season either.
There would be, we got far far less penalties then Real has go. We are talking about 14 (or 15?) penalties for Real Madrid, and 4 for us (correct me if I'm wrong). Benz would certainly catch up to Ronaldo, Neymar wouldn't.

And that brings me to another point...How many goals from Neymar have been pretty much laid on silver plate by Messi? And does Neymar work better with a ball in his feet then Messi? And what would you say who does more with a ball in its feet for a team, Benz or Ronaldo?

And btw I'm going by fft article said today, he is in no dip of a form. His team lacks Modric and James who constantly gave him the balls to put behind the net. Pretty easy chances, although you have to give him credit for being good in the box. But thats what poachers do anyway...

Morten

Neymar is better player then Ronaldo is. Iniesta and Xavi were as well few years back. People don't remember but Messi took his BdOrs by huge majority of votes and sometimes Ronaldo wasn't even in top 3. Its nothing wrong to say that this year there are many players better then him (Neymar, Modrić, Hazard etc). He had stinker today but one moment of schalke s brainfart was enough for him to nick a goal. Had he not scored, we would talk about him doing shit all.

I think he missed out one single time, because of injuries and it was world cup, where spain cleaned the table.

JamDav1982

There would be, we got far far less penalties then Real has go. We are talking about 14 (or 15?) penalties for Real Madrid, and 4 for us (correct me if I'm wrong). Benz would certainly catch up to Ronaldo, Neymar wouldn't.

And that brings me to another point...How many goals from Neymar have been pretty much laid on silver plate by Messi? And does Neymar work better with a ball in his feet then Messi? And what would you say who does more with a ball in its feet for a team, Benz or Ronaldo?

And btw I'm going by fft article said today, he is in no dip of a form. His team lacks Modric and James who constantly gave him the balls to put behind the net. Pretty easy chances, although you have to give him credit for being good in the box. But thats what poachers do anyway...

Heard all this before about Ronaldo needing certain players to score goals.... heard it about Ozil, heard it about Di Maria. Yet they leave and struggle and he scores as many if not more than before.

Ronaldo was hitting phenomenal amounts of goals long before Modric and James were anywhere near Spain.

He has scored loads of goals since Modric has been out anyway. Think he may even have went on one of his best runs ever in that time.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Heard all this before about Ronaldo needing certain players to score goals.... heard it about Ozil, heard it about Di Maria. Yet they leave and struggle and he scores as many if not more than before.

Ronaldo was hitting phenomenal amounts of goals long before Modric and James were anywhere near Spain.

He has scored loads of goals since Modric has been out anyway. Think he may even have went on one of his best runs ever in that time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Cristiano have his best season statistically alongside Ozil 11/12 and 2012 calendar year?

blaugrana1987

You are rewriting history, he AWLAYS had good service. When there was no James, there was Di Maria. When there was no Modrić, there was Ozil. So yea, it kinda proves my point. And again, the article was done very "scientific" and there is no denying that when service is down (be it injuries, lack of form) he goes missing because he is a man of the box. The same was today...He was having another stinker against team that has half players missing, and generally look like shit in CL. But then Marcelo placed perfect cross in the box and he put very good header behind the net. That was all, and it was enough to fill his "quota". Now we are going to talk about the amount of goals he scored and completely dismiss another meh performance.

In the end I'm interested in what are you exactly arguing? Do you agree that he is a player who is very very reliant on service because he can't "assist" himself like Messi, Ronaldinho or Maradona could? Do you agree his dribbling and technique doesn't allow him to do it on weekly basis if ever during the season? Do you agree that every one of his goal bar one came from inside the box, and 30% went in from the spot? If you do then what is there to talk about? He is a poacher. Albeit strong one...

JamDav1982

You are rewriting history, he AWLAYS had good service. When there was no James, there was Di Maria. When there was no Modrić, there was Ozil. So yea, it kinda proves my point. And again, the article was done very "scientific" and there is no denying that when service is down (be it injuries, lack of form) he goes missing because he is a man of the box. The same was today...He was having another stinker against team that has half players missing, and generally look like shit in CL. But then Marcelo placed perfect cross in the box and he put very good header behind the net. That was all, and it was enough to fill his "quota". Now we are going to talk about the amount of goals he scored and completely dismiss another meh performance.

In the end I'm interested in what are you exactly arguing? Do you agree that he is a player who is very very reliant on service because he can't "assist" himself like Messi, Ronaldinho or Maradona could? Do you agree his dribbling and technique doesn't allow him to do it on weekly basis if ever during the season? Do you agree that every one of his goal bar one came from inside the box, and 30% went in from the spot? If you do then what is there to talk about? He is a poacher. Albeit strong one...

You are ignoring the fact that almost all these players you are mentioning have struggled to provide the same level of service when they have not been playing with Ronaldo while Ronaldo has kept up his goal scoring through all the players changing.

That tells you one thing Ronaldo is the common denominator and those players that leave struggle more without him then he struggles without them.

To say Ronaldo requires service only tells half the story... those providing the service need someone to get on the end of things or someone to find space to score etc.

B

beautifulgame

Only in this retarded forum is "scoring goals not the most beautiful and most difficult part of football."

Ur God guardiola words btw

And Ronaldo feats are what they are. Don't try to downplay with bogus arguments that when reversed will also be against ur beloved Messi. Ronaldo will end up a great player but truth is I have seen many like him in terms of ability, that is not to downplay his feats but there have been many better sure.

Last edited:

Morten

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Cristiano have his best season statistically alongside Ozil 11/12 and 2012 calendar year?

Season i think 11/12 was his best. His best calendar year statistically 2013 with 70 goals, at least thats what i think. Strangely enough, that was the ballon dor most people felt was wrongly awarded, even though he had something like 25 goals edge on Messi that year(i know, injuries).

JamDav1982

Season i think 11/12 was his best. His best calendar year statistically 2013 with 70 goals, at least thats what i think. Strangely enough, that was the ballon dor most people felt was wrongly awarded, even though he had something like 25 goals edge on Messi that year(i know, injuries).

11/12 was his best as a whole season but his goalscoring rate has gone up marginally since Ozil left.

blaugrana1987

You are ignoring the fact that almost all these players you are mentioning have struggled to provide the same level of service when they have not been playing with Ronaldo while Ronaldo has kept up his goal scoring through all the players changing.

That tells you one thing Ronaldo is the common denominator and those players that leave struggle more without him then he struggles without them.

To say Ronaldo requires service only tells half the story... those providing the service need someone to get on the end of things or someone to find space to score etc.
Hmm Modrić played in Tottenham where he certainly couldn't provide for players nearly as good as Ronaldo is. Thats why he was bought, because they knew he was perfect for a job. Ozil is different story as he does still create alot but was fucked by injuries alot so its hard to judge. But then again, its hard to compare the likes of Ronaldo to Sanogo and giroud. Only thing they have in common is that they are box players, but Ronaldo is light years infront of them.

But again you are missing the point completely and you didn't answer my questions. For me Ronaldo is best poacher in the world currently, but EVERY poacher needs good service. No service, NO goals. Take the service from Messi, Maradona, R9, Ronaldinho any of these players and you still get bunch of goals. Fabregas has much more assists in Chelsea because he is servicing another good poacher, Costa. He had less in Barca where he had best player of all time in Messi so it begs a question how come he gets so many assist while playing with a guys 5 times worse then Messi? Well we all know the reasons and we all know what kind of goals Messi scorers, there is no need to get in that discussion...

blaugrana1987

Only in this retarded forum is "scoring goals not the most beautiful and most difficult part of football."

Ur God guardiola words btw

And Ronaldo feats are what they are. Don't try to downplay with bogus arguments that when reversed will also be against ur beloved Messi. Ronaldo will end up a great player but truth is I have seen many like him in terms of ability, that is not to downplay his feats but there have been many better sure.
So Ronaldinho is not top 100? Zidan is top...let me think...300,400,500 players? Where would you put him?

His feats are not downplayed. His goal records and awards, individual and team, prove that he is great great player. The problem starts when you compare him to Messi and try to bring the argument solely about goals. If you do that you can comfortably conclude that Inzaghi was better player then Ronaldinho and Zidane combined. Which is bogus ofc...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans