Cr150

raskolnikov

Bruh. There was a time when I also thought he was a glorified Gomez but I left those childish days behind me a long time ago.

You make it sound like everyone just needs to take 8 shots per game in a dominant team and he could be all-time CL topscorer and have over 700 career goals, no probs.

You need to look no further than Suarez who is actually a generational striker himself but has only managed 2 Ronaldo-esque years (2014 - 2016) and only 1 Ronaldo-esque CL campaign (14/15) which Ronaldo did for over a decade.

Easily top 5 player of all time at least from the 80s onwards, irrespective of his repelling media personality. You can't be that bitter to even mention Inzaghi in the same breath. Inzaghi played a whole season scoring only 17 goals in all competitions in a team with Nesta, Maldini, Cafu, Seedorf, Kaka, Pirlo, Rui Costa and Sheva. Last time Ronaldo scored less than 20 goals total was when Zidane was still an active player.

I disagree, to me anyone that puts Ronaldo anywhere near Messi as a footballer has bought into the mediahype and marketing.
Pointing at stats to ignore plenty of poor performances by a goal on a fifth attempt along with revisionism (like how he was a dinho level dribbler in his united or single handed won Portugal a European cup etc...) its just pr on a edison vs tesla level.

I rate Ronaldo highly (despite disliking his fake attantion seeking personality) for his goalscoring, hard work, longetivity, heading and positionibg but comparing him to Messi as a footballer will always be a joke and an insult to the brilliance of Messi imo.

Sad that there haven’t been those hilarious whining posts from his entourage about him being robbed like there were last year. Hopefully we’ll see them after Messi wins The Best and Ballon d’Or

BarcaOG

Banned
can you guys imagine what players like neymar and dembele, who have immense innate talent, would have turned out like as footballers had they had even half of CR's commitment, drive and professionalism?

can you guys imagine what players like neymar and dembele, who have immense innate talent, would have turned out like as footballers had they had even half of CR's commitment, drive and professionalism?

Ney is already better today, both on the statistical test and even moreso on the eye test. Ous just hasn't got it, never did imho, so high drive wouldn't take him that far.

pregra

Got his goal and that is all people will care about unfortunately. And it was offside. Another "CR leads Portugal" to difficult away win narrative. 90% of the game he hangs in the box and the other guys create for him. Missed a couple of absolute sitters in the first half. Even if it looks like a race between Messi and VvD for the Ballon it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the rapist yet again steals it. He gets judged on a whole different set of criteria than Messi. Also helps that Mendes pays people under the table of course.

Hardy

according to gazzetta he was the faster striker of serie A in the first 2 matches, more than Douglas Costa just to make the idea, reaching 34,62 km/h. Stunning genetics

Messigician

according to gazzetta he was the faster striker of serie A in the first 2 matches, more than Douglas Costa just to make the idea, reaching 34,62 km/h. Stunning genetics

Yeah man is unreal lol. Would take him at Barca in a heartbeat.

Ronaldo Griezmann Messi

MTL_Barca

Top speed stats don't really matter that much, most "fast" players are fast because of their acceleration. Players also rarely get into situations where they run full speed down the pitch so these stats aren't very accurate most of the times. First few meters are more important when getting past a defender or stopping an attacker.

Ronaldo is still in great shape of course, but i think that looks more impressive than it really is.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Media also pushes this narrative since everything with Ronaldo in it generates clicks. Because of it he can hide bad performances with a goal, do a stupid celebration and the media will leep it up.
They also continously ask his teammates/opponents for comments so they can put it in a headline.

It causes for a lot of false narratives and revisionism. For example that him and Messi are way above anyone currently like its 2012.
Thats how he gets shoe horned in for awards as well by the way.
If you read about it its always, Ronaldo and Messi above anyone while in reality he has fallen of a since like 2015 and is only a poacher at this point who got outdone by piatek, zapata and 36 year old quagliarella....

Crashed out of cl vs Ajax kids yet somehow way better than anyone not named Messi? I think at this point he is at the same level as Harry Kane, Aguero or Lewa. Which is great at his age but the pushed media narratives, constant revisionism, circlejerking and goat comparisons get tiresome sometimes.

Home of Barca Fans