Cr150

eaman

Messi has already proved it. His record against the top 6 English sides speaks for itself. Ronaldo's record against the top 6 English is awful. I'm pretty certain that Messi would have no trouble scoring against the likes of Norwich, Newcastle and Burnley every week in that City team.

Of course he would but you'll always have those people saying he couldn't through a season in England. They are so wrong because football in la liga and the premier league is basically the same. And even though its a myth that players get kicked around more in the premier league messi is one of the toughest and most durable players ever

Morten

How about the 2008 CL semi-finals. Or that Barcelona and United have played each other 5-6 times before that in Europe.

Those semi-finals were boring as fuck, if i recall.

Aside from that, do people really talk much about those other matches before that?

But fair enough, its a rivalry, i'll give you that.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Those semi-finals were boring as fuck, if i recall.

Aside from that, do people really talk much about those other matches before that?

Yes. Match-ups between historic clubs in the CL are rare.

RM - Bayern
RM - Juventus
Barca - United
Barca - AC Milan
Bayern - United

are probably the most famous CL fixtures/rivalries

Morten

Yes. Match-ups between historic clubs in the CL are rare.

RM - Bayern
RM - Juventus
Barca - United
Barca - AC Milan
Bayern - United

are probably the most famous CL fixtures/rivalries

I know they are rare, statistically, but really, it feels like we face Bayern every other season in the CL :lol:

Odd you that you like Chelsea though, you have a rivalry with them too.

KingLeo10

I know they are rare, statistically, but really, it feels like we face Bayern every other season in the CL :lol:

Odd you that you like Chelsea though, you have a rivalry with them too.

I don't see them as a through and through historic club TBH. We've played PSG like 10 games in the last decade, but I don't see them as a rival.

Morten

I don't see them as a through and through historic club TBH. We've played PSG like 10 games in the last decade, but I don't see them as a rival.

Fair enough, but you do have a decent history spanning a couple of decades(almost) by now, no finals, but lots of matches anyway.

Not to mention, it definitely felt more even when you met them instead of United, who, lets be honest, was something of a punching bag for you these past 12 years

Home of Barca Fans