Cr150

I hope Messi can sustain like that as well.

I think Messi is far superior to Ronaldo but I also think there is very little chance he will experience the same longevity Cr7 has. If Cr7 is GOAT at anything it's his physique and fitness. Just doesn't look his age when you watch him play at all. And seems to adapt to his ever growing weaknesses that come from age much better ( ie concentrating more on headed goals )

FinBarcelonafan

I think Messi is far superior to Ronaldo but I also think there is very little chance he will experience the same longevity Cr7 has. If Cr7 is GOAT at anything it's his physique and fitness. Just doesn't look his age when you watch him play at all. And seems to adapt to his ever growing weaknesses that come from age much better ( ie concentrating more on headed goals )

Ronaldo can run straight line. He can't do much else. He has no lateral movement.

pregra

Jesus christ, what is up with the Penaldo circlejerk? Scored a lucky free kick and didn’t do much else. Plays easy passes backwards most of the time, why is that so impressive?

Givenchy

Jesus christ, what is up with the Penaldo circlejerk? Scored a lucky free kick and didn’t do much else. Plays easy passes backwards most of the time, why is that so impressive?

he was running fast for his age apparently.. many slate Messi for walking alot so i guess that has something to do with it

Had not seen the highlights but having read these comments was expecting a wonder goal or a brace or hat trick or great general play. Alas, all I got was a deflected free kick. Imho CR is the most overrated player in history given that there are 100m people on this earth that think he is the GOAT.

It is common to suggest Ronaldo ' done it in Portugal ' and made Sporting great. His record for Sporting? 3 goals in 25 games. This massive overating doesn't seem to occur with any other footballer in history.

It's funny because the 2nd most overrated footballer of all time is Beckham, who shared the same club and shirt as CR and both have GOAT PR and marketing. Coincidence? I think not.

CR7 should be no higher than 15th on any knowledgeable football fans GOAT list.

KingLeo10

Had not seen the highlights but having read these comments was expecting a wonder goal or a brace or hat trick or great general play. Alas, all I got was a deflected free kick. Imho CR is the most overrated player in history given that there are 100m people on this earth that think he is the GOAT.

It is common to suggest Ronaldo ' done it in Portugal ' and made Sporting great. His record for Sporting? 3 goals in 25 games. This massive overating doesn't seem to occur with any other footballer in history.

It's funny because the 2nd most overrated footballer of all time is Beckham, who shared the same club and shirt as CR and both have GOAT PR and marketing. Coincidence? I think not.

While I agree that many of the attributes like "done it in England, Spain, and Italy" are overrated components of his legacy, he's definitely a top 5 player all time just because of his record in the CL. From an aesthetic standpoint, falls short on 'GOAT' level because of a lack of otherworldly on the ball ability like Maradona, Messi, or R9 that is in service to winning over the span of a career.

I actually had him outside the top 10 until 2017, but he's figured out a way to put in the goals in many of the important CL games. Be it headers, or pens, or bicycle kicks.

Beckham is a true example of an overrated player. He was world class for a couple seasons but never legendary.

xavisionary

The way Ronaldo is talked on these forums (and there are some genuinely knowledgable football fans) is as if he's a Johan Micoud or Ebbe Sand figure - solid, respectable career but nothing more. When really we won't see an attacking career like his for many, many years (unless Mbappe continues his trajectory).

Andrew M

Nice try, bro, but comparing Ronaldo with Beckham is embarrassing. You need to accept that he is at least a top 10 in history and move on with your life.

Home of Barca Fans