Copa semis: Villarreal-Barca 1-3 (2-6 agg.)

beogatts

Quite slow game but quite ez for us to score 3 away goals. Villareal looked tiring n caused harshh fouls. Neymar is back, suarez in gud form. Others played quite well too. Lets do this again in thhe final!

kenobiFCB

Pina is freakin idiot,he needs to be banned for this nonsense,yeah I'm probably warm after the game but that's just nasty.We are in final,congratz to my barca fans :).

Kerrybai

Our goals were all superb passing and finishing plays. How does anyone find that boring?

It was pretty boring, we were in second gear and besides the goals created next to nothing. Midfield completely overun and Neymar continuing his horrible run of form. Messi and Suarez just average and not helped out by our disfunctional midfield...but hey im not complaining we are in the final.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
6-2 agg.
Barca dominated both games albeit a bit less tonight.

Well done to Lucho and the boys for entering Copa FINAL!
:copa:

BarcaGirl

Didn't know that Villarreal was such a dirty team. Also, JDS turned out to be an ungrateful and disrespectful piece of shit just like his bestie.

dakt

Our goals were all superb passing and finishing plays. How does anyone find that boring?

I cannot tell what moves you, but I'm not entertained much by 1001 pass in defensive line and playing slow like hell. Yeah, quite boring match for me.

i_bleed_blaugrana

SOME PERSPECTIVE:

Villareal tied a full strength Madrid at home just before this game and we walk in, played in second gear the entire time and comfortably won 3-1. Yeah we didn't play all that great but great teams win even when they aren't at their best and this was against one of the hottest teams in La Liga. Way too many jaded fans who don't realize how great we have it. We won, comfortably away from home. Without our starting DM for a majority of the game, mind you.

Exquisite pass from Xavi to Neymar's 2nd. In the run up this season, I'd much more prefer to see him next to Rakitic than Iniesta based on form right now.

raskolnikov

Where is our midfield? Our attack is solid, defence and goalie are doing well but we play like we have no midfield...

Overall good result though, the objective was achieved, lets hope Busi is fine.
Our biggest chance of winning a trophy this season is very much alive, now to relax and watch Bilbao vs Espanyol.

beogatts

I cannot tell what moves you, but I'm not entertained much by 1001 pass in defensive line and playing slow like hell. Yeah, quite boring match for me.

Its villareal's fault for not pushing the game. Lucho only wanted a win. Thts y he also didnt push the team.

vlad

barca should write off villareal in first 20 minutes, when neymar was selfish in front of villareal goal

Siberia

Good game and a good win. We march towards the finals! The midfield was kinda meh but what do you expect without Rakitic?

Mitchell1978

Villareal played to physical, dirty even. Red card was really deserved. Iniesta and Rafinha in midfield together doesn't work. Good result though.

barcanuck

It was fun to see us play on our heels a bit ad villareal don't Park the bus and played football.

Bucky

Penya Member
Hmmm Neymar had a good game. Timed runs etc, had a few bad touches but Messi was way worse. Lost the ball too much (again) and fumbled it too. Obviously put in some decent crosses but not overly pleased with the sloppyness.

Was getting annoyed with the slow build up especially blatant through ball opportunities which this part is probably why some think Neymar was bad? His selfish execution which resulted in the ball going out of play or saved. Two or three times he should have passed but slowed right down then shot. Shortly after his last f up he attempted to assist but it was such a poor ball to head into the box for anyone to pick up; should have headed goal wards as no one was there.

Was fairly even in possession and not very Barça like you could say. Playing deep passing around the defence & keeper was quite dangerous. Trying to draw them out but not passing the ball forward & losing possession was awful. Wouldn't say boring, just not the greatest display from our point of view that we're used to.

Hope Busi is ok, looked nasty but no not a red, it wasn't intentional and was after a pass his foot carried through, Busi unfortunately was in the way. They, Villarreal, lost their discipline in the 2nd half which then opened it up for us. Glad no yellows for Masch or Suàrez. Brilliant goals that were well constructed. Good to see Rafinha getting time on the pitch but rightly subbed. Maybe would have put Raki in sooner though.

On to the final, Rayo next.

Who for the final would you prefer?

Home of Barca Fans