Copa semis: Villarreal-Barca 1-3 (2-6 agg.)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He definitely doesn't deserve praise for celebrating. I really didn't care tbh. as we were 4-2 by agg.

And yeah, Rakitic didn't celebrate vs. Sevilla but Ivan has more integrity.
Maybe that's a bad trait nowadays.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think in the current setup, Pogba in Don Andres role would fit in very well.

Verratti is not coming so if we want an established player who can make a difference from the first day then I guess it's either Pogba or Gundogan or Koke, but he also seem impossible to get, he already rejected us this summer to stay at the team in his heart, Atletico Madrid.

I agree but its just how likely are P$G going to be with keeping him till January. Plus he is going to be a boat load which means he will command a big spot in the starting 11, limiting the chances for younger players. I like Pogba a lot and he has a lot of qualities that would make him do well with Lucho's setup but I'd rather have 2-3 options in the AM spot with different characteristics. I just don't think the likelihood of Pogba coming here is high, I think it'll be either PSG or Madrid who will snap him up if he moves from Juve this summer.

In the market, I look for value above anything else and having to splash 75 mil+ on Pogba when we could get 2 midfielders for that price is just the way I'd go about it. I like Oliver Torres a lot, really good at dictating tempo. Radja Nainggolan for a more physical framed AM, Dybala would be amazing in the Iniesta role and a player few have heard of that I am closely keeping my eye on is Daley Sinkgraven at Ajax. Those are all great value transfers, all of those players would be under 30 million and a key factor that you have to keep in mind is that if we try and make a move this summer, the club must be open to letting them stay till January and not cup tieing them in CL and I think clubs like Atletico, Roma, Ajax and Palermo would be more open to that arrangement than Juventus who need Pogba to compete.

P.S. key question, if we can't register the players till January, does that mean the official transfer of the contract from the other club to us and the payment for said contract would also have to wait till January? Cause, technically speaking, we could make the deal in the summer and just keep them at their club until January, correct?

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Could not see the game but just saw some highlights.

1. I am glad we are in the final.
2. I hope Busi will come back as soon as possible. Looked really bad and he is one of our key players.
3. Pina is a fucking bastard. That tackle was crazy.

Last edited:

Bucky

Penya Member
Didn't he admit in mixed messages that he desires to play for Man U (again) or RM?

Any number of the big spending clubs are in with a shot and it's exactly right, do we just give up on La Masia?

Sure Iniesta & Xavi are getting on and need replacing with Pogba only what, 21... it would sure be an investment. If it's the right move though for him to fit into the squad as famously stated by numerous players, you have to unlearn what you've learnt and learn the Barça way. I suppose he's young enough to do so and look at Neymar.

However as i_bleed_blaugrana stated, 75+ mil (estimated value €100) when you could get 2 midfielders for that. Barça have brought some of the best players in the World throughout history let's not forget, so if we have the money then by all means we need thee player who will fill the boots of Iniesta & Xavi. Pogba would be a hard deal especially with all the competition fighting for his signature, with Zizou reportedly doing as much as he can to get Pogba at RM (like they need more friggin midfielders???) + him coming out with Man U or RM... if he has the choice I don't see him walking into the Camp Nou.

My concern is those coming in playing positively and being a part of the team ethic of Barça.

JamDav1982

Didn't he admit in mixed messages that he desires to play for Man U (again) or RM?

Any number of the big spending clubs are in with a shot and it's exactly right, do we just give up on La Masia?

Sure Iniesta & Xavi are getting on and need replacing with Pogba only what, 21... it would sure be an investment. If it's the right move though for him to fit into the squad as famously stated by numerous players, you have to unlearn what you've learnt and learn the Barça way. I suppose he's young enough to do so and look at Neymar.

However as i_bleed_blaugrana stated, 75+ mil (estimated value €100) when you could get 2 midfielders for that. Barça have brought some of the best players in the World throughout history let's not forget, so if we have the money then by all means we need thee player who will fill the boots of Iniesta & Xavi. Pogba would be a hard deal especially with all the competition fighting for his signature, with Zizou reportedly doing as much as he can to get Pogba at RM (like they need more friggin midfielders???) + him coming out with Man U or RM... if he has the choice I don't see him walking into the Camp Nou.

My concern is those coming in playing positively and being a part of the team ethic of Barça.

Pogba has said in past he grew up dreaming of Arsenal and Barca

Bucky

Penya Member
Pogba has said in past he grew up dreaming of Arsenal and Barca

That's what I mean by mixed messages, it's really confusing. One minute you hear this, then the next it's something different. Conflicting.

But thanks, you've got me bouncing now if true! :trampoline:

Arsenal or Barça? Obvious choice.

^love the end of that link... "arcelona-dream"... <_< ;>_>

Last edited:

cmsy27

So happy we're through to the final even if we played a boring subpar game. This is the first time all season that I actually fell asleep before the game concluded :eek: It's kinda worrying; I can't pinpoint which Barça we're gonna get from one match to the next. Some consistency would be nice, especially in La Liga where we've been unnecessarily dropping points.

Any news on Busquets? I hope he's okay.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I think before Busi injury we did not quite control the game but at least we played on equal footing. They had chances and we had chances like that but after busi injury and until pina red card we lost it. They were the better team during that period, they were unlucky to not finish their chances. Obviously after red card they were out of picture and we dominated the match.

Alik

JDS displayed loyalty for far longer than he should have at his own expense. Got literally no minutes as well. I'm sure he has good memories of his time at Barca but his home is at Villarreal and he's not obligated to tiptoe around us. He's not sending a message to Barca by celebrating or trying to be passive-aggressive, he's just expressing his joy for his new team where he feels like he belongs.

Agreed 100%.

raskolnikov

JDS displayed loyalty for far longer than he should have at his own expense. Got literally no minutes as well. I'm sure he has good memories of his time at Barca but his home is at Villarreal and he's not obligated to tiptoe around us. He's not sending a message to Barca by celebrating or trying to be passive-aggressive, he's just expressing his joy for his new team where he feels like he belongs.

Its not displaying loyalty, its staying put in a comfortable position knowing you will never play beside 2 cdr games a year.
Xavi currently is displaying loyalty, as is Bartra. Guys like JDS or Affelay were comfortably cahsing in for years knowing they wont play rejecting all possibilities for a loan/transfers.
In which case you should show some humility when you score against that former team.

Ibrahimovic scoring against us is different, he was a short term mercenary that flopped and left on a bad note.
Celebrating for a new team when you profited greatly, just to please the new fans or out of spite is wrong.

Imagine Lampard celebrating like crazy when he scored against Chelsea, Raki vs Sevila or even cr7 vs United, its classy not to do it in most cases.

Alik

Imagine Lampard celebrating like crazy when he scored against Chelsea, Raki vs Sevila or even cr7 vs United, its classy not to do it in most cases.

:lol: Why are you comparing JDS to legends of their respective clubs? You realise how that makes no sense?

Putting JDS in the same bracket as those players :shakeshead:

Those are legends loved by their fans at their clubs, whilst JDS was a joke to us. Him celebrating is him expressing happiness, it's not disrespectful but even it was it would be no big deal because our "relationship" was never anything in the first place.

Next thing we know, Douglas won't be allowed to celebrate if he scores against us one day. :p

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Imagine if Douglas ever scored against us :lol:

When that day comes we should sell the defenders in the hypothetical team.

Home of Barca Fans