Copa | Semi-final 2nd leg: FC Barcelona - Atlético de Madrid 1-1 (3-2 agg.)

Icarium

Lifestealer
I think we were pretty lucky to go through. Wait that is not true that shit never happens to us. I think it is more of Atletico being lot more unlucky. That la liga title on last match day killed them. Not much luck since then.

kilian

Every week I hope we`ll see an improvement, something better from this squad, but it seems like it`s just getting worse and worse. Yesterday`s game was one of the most pathetic performances I have seen from Barcelona in many years. It left a really bitter feeling.

I don`t know what`s going on. Team full of superstars is incapable of passing the ball from defence and just keeps passing back to the keeper so he can kick it in the sky. We looked like Mourinho`s Madrid against Pep`s Barca. Scared shitless and incapable of creating anything other than counterattacks. Even this current mediocre Atletico totally destroyed us. I wonder what will some better attacking team do to us. I`m affraid of another 0-7 like vs Bayern.

Even when Iniesta came on, he was invisible. He couldn`t do shit in that chaotic system. Only good thing from that match are Cillessen and Umtiti, who was a fucking wall. But his cb partner, on the other hand, was abysmal. Really bad game from Pique. He had some good header clearances, but fucked up so much with his lack of concentration. He misses Puyol on the pitch to yell at him.

They didn`t sack lucho at mid-season, so let him finish the season and then say goodbye. After that, new coach and a total reset.

Our golden generation and era is over.

rixxer

Dunno, must have watched another game.
Yes, we struggled 15 minutes, nothing new here. Has been like that before and will happen again, nevermind who is the coach. Used to be happening during Pep peak years (supercopa at Bernabeu where we fell behind) and Barca sometimes is not accustomed to high pressing and quick counters (the first very good chance fell to Atleti after our corner) at the beginning of the match, but after 20. minutes I think Barca more or less got the game under the control and continued quite well in the second half although Atleti were desperate and put everything on the table. We were leading and holding the midfield more or less after the goal. And then the second yellow for Roberto and we were in trouble which is a bitunderstandable- Atleti is capable enough to put any team under the pressure with one man advantage. yeah, teams got levelled after Carrasco's red, but the pressure got really bad after Busi and Iniesta were introduced which may sound weird but is actually understandable after their spell in the sidelines and Barca lost his rhyme then absolutely. However I still think these were right substitutions by Lucho after Aleix were pulled aside.

The end reminded me the Copa semi-final during pep years, when we were hammered at home during final 15 minutes by Real and in the end only managed to get barely over finishing line 3-1.
No master class by Lucho, but still did enough to get to the final. And yeah, he is really the worst coach barca ever have had and should be sent to Siberia after that horror show (irony).

It was ugly win, I agree, but not that bad- the ref did not make any favors to either side but was as bad as they come nowadays in Spain.

Nucky

We can only thank God we are in the final. Poor perfomance yesterday and we will also have to play without Roberto and L.Suarez in the final. At least Neymar will be able to play in the final.

MIXA

Watching this team play is akin to watching the popular sitcom 2 and a half men. Enrique is obviously the executive producer of what is now turning into a weekly satirical show. This team will win absolutely nothing if it weren’t for the individual brilliance of 2 and a half men, i.e. Messi, Suarez and a goal shy Neymar. :lucho:

aaron101

We can only thank God we are in the final. Poor perfomance yesterday and we will also have to play without Roberto and L.Suarez in the final. At least Neymar will be able to play in the final.

Vidal will do the job.

Gaudi

No pnelaty and no red card but clear goal from AM denied. It just shows how bad spanish refs are and how putting pressure on them can work, which is sad but obviously has to be done. Like RM threatening to leave La liga because they couldn't play Celta B this weekend, it will work no doubt.

But what is clear to me beyond any doubt that Lucho either lost the locker room and never had any tactical knowledge to begin with..because we play like bunch of payed players just gathered arround waiting for Messi to do something. Honestly they can put me in charge of that. I would cost much less and I would even select more balanced team. At the end we'll loose two big titles with complete rotations and dead beat front 3 :lol:

El Flaco

Griezmann's wrongly disallowed goal vs. Barcelona

[gfy]TintedFrightenedHalicore[/gfy]

[gfy]MajesticPerfumedCrocodile[/gfy]

[gfy]SaltyInsistentIceblueredtopzebra[/gfy]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Croatian press are saying Atlético were robbed. Wonder where they are 90% of time when Barca get screwed.
Also, they said Roberto's tackle on Felipe was butcher's. :facepalm:

Seriously, we need to do something about our image out there. Media are brainwashing and putting off fans from Barca.

Altomonte

I would like to see the official statistic regarding fouls and yellow cards.
I am sure that the referee awarded more fouls to Atletico. The YC statistic was 8:5 I think.
That proves that the referee was clearly biased, given that Barça players instinctively never play dirty. Sergio Roberto's second tackle did not look nice but he played the ball and did not touch Felipe Luis.
Whenever there was doubt, referee decided against Barça - with one exception when he relied on linesman.
We are blaming Lucho for poor play and bad tactics, but we should also analyze what the referees do to us. YC to Rakitic was not justified either - what is Croatian Press saying about that?
I am already dreading the next match against Atletico. We need an impartial referee!

F

FlaFCB

Croatian press are saying Atlético were robbed. Wonder where they are 90% of time when Barca get screwed.
Also, they said Roberto's tackle on Felipe was butcher's. :facepalm:

Seriously, we need to do something about our image out there. Media are brainwashing and putting off fans from Barca.

No word on filipe luis criminal tackle on Messi? Atletico goal in the 1st leg that should had been disallowed? are they parrots for madrid media?

Home of Barca Fans